ESPN coverage STILL sucks! (1 Viewer)

turbojoe

Nitro Member
I cut the cable about two years ago and have gotten by on basic cable that is part of my internet package and I use a Roku stream box for tons of movies etc.. About the only racing I've been able to see is Formula 1 from a low res free stream from the BBC. I was almost ready to let the cable company rape my wallet and pay another $75.00 a month just to see some racing again. Then I found out about Sling TV for free 7 day trial and $20.00 a month and it carries all the ESPN channels along with several other entertainment channels. Got all excited and signed up as all the racing seasons are coming up and I could watch the NHRA race this weekend along with HD Formula 1 in a few weeks. No problems at all with Sling but ESPN coverage of NHRA couldn't suck harder. Looks like they've gotten worse since I had ESPN last. No live qualifying. No NHRA today. Quali shown at 1:00am. No live eliminations. They come on late tomorrow evening. Argh!

Sure wish some rich entrepreneur would create a racing ONLY channel. No baseball, basketball, rugby, tennis, swimming, ice dancing etc to preempt racing. Just racing pure and simple. I can dream can't I?

I just listen to the audiocast... Like listening to Angel Games on the radio(KMPC) growing up...

d'kid

I'm thankful that we are getting anything, I like Drag Racing and since I can't go and watch in person I appreciate the show and personally I think Mike and Dave do a great job.

ya with the pro's being sold you would of thought the tv package would of got better air times.

Certainly disappointed that the ESPN3 Friday night qualifying is gone. It was by far my favorite of all the broadcasts. Not happy that ESPN puts the qualifying show on at ungodly hours (TV is not a priority to me and I don't have a recorder), but I get it. That being said, I usually watch ESPN3 live on Sunday for eliminations. Living in the Midwest, there's not much going here on until May anyway. But you can bet your ass that I will make a serious attempt to drive to anything within 200-300 miles of me. Last year, Joliet (multiple times), Indy, St. Louis and Martin. Hope to add Cordova to the list this year.

Not to hijack this thread, but I've noticed ESPN is trying to push cricket onto their viewers quite a bit recently. Very odd.

I thought Drag Racing was great today, liked the qualifing. before the race it gave us 5 hours of racing. It would be cool if they did that every week of racing. All in all the show was done well, great racing, looked like there was a good crowd.

did not even BOTHEr with the TV telcast yet, i saw it LIVE on ESPN3
a weekend to go and then the Bangshift.com feed from the MARCH MEET! Got a friend a going and a TEAM a gonna RUN AA/FA with a ALL IRON BBC on 92% NITRO! Metal MAfia is the name of the car and most the Guys from the Kansas City area with on f4rom Iowa!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back