Espn 2 Coverage Part Deux ! (1 Viewer)

Larry

Nitro Member
Coverage this weekend surpassed all ESPN coverage in the past IMO.
I enjoyed the oil down coverage of interviews and clips of old races as much as the action. I had no Idea ESPN had access to that old ABC stuff and some had to be Diamond P. Maybe NHRA suddenly discovered they had the stuff archived.
For whatever reason it has appeared and now they have the answer to the down time for oil downs.
Amazingly enough despite the wreck and two good oil downs they got the entire race in with time to spare.
Now that's the way to cover professional Drag Racing and build the TV fan base up.
The Booth was its usual excellent self when those two are there and Dell and Big were good too.
I know it was the Big Go and we will be back to business as usual next time but at least we know what can be done if time constraints are not a factor. LARRY

SUPERB! WONDERFUL!
THANK YOU ESPN2!!!!!!!
FANTASTIC JOB!
A personal thanx from this fan to all the hard work put in by the ENTIRE ESPN2 crew.

That was John Kernan. He used to be the host of ESPN2's daily program RPM2Night. It's nice to see him back with the network.

Could it be that ESPN is owned by ABC?

You mean they only had to go to a dark cellar and drag that stuff out???

Uh I wonder if I could get access to those archives for a couple of weeks with a means to make a copy. [ For personal use only of course]. LOL
Still I'm glad they found the stuff and any thoughts of what to do during oil downs are mute.
And if ESPN does happen to start that motorsports channel and go after SPEED then they have some good start up stuff just like speed did showing old drags and wheel standing races when they first started.
I actually thought Drags was going to get equal billing on Speed, now I can never even find out when the much delayed IHRA races are being aired.
Here I am an addict and can't even remember when a fix is available.

And while paying tribute to coverage I have to say XM radio's Power Shift on at 5:00pm WEEKDAYS has hooked me and I believe it repeats at 7 OR 8 PM .
And on another note Two of D/FW 's fastest Pro Mod's duked it out for the Pilot episode of Pink's Fastest Street car shooting Saturday at Ennis.
The Gas passer out lasted the Blown Hemi twice I'll try to get more info on the days doings and post them over in the Lounge.
I had to work and ran off with the ten tickets I had so none of my bunch went and I will be relegated to the dog house on my return.
Whats the big deal your mug on the little square box.

Last edited:
The coverage gets two thumbs up! :) Hopefully, we will see this for the rest of the season.

Great coverage today I must say. I loved the piece on the 1967 race that Big won and Keith Jackson covered. That was so cool to watch! I loved it when Keith Jackson said "and he just broke seven seconds!". I know that this is Indy and that ESPN brought their A-Game, but kudos to them for the outstanding job. Many peeps here...me included...bag on them enough when they stink, so I figured that I would give them their due for a great weekend. :)

Definitely agree the converge was great. Looks like someone was reading Nitromater the past few weeks!:D

I think I could get totally spoiled with all of the awesome coverage we had over the weekend.....way cool! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back