Allright the suits are going to completely ruin this INDY (2 Viewers)

Bobby

Nitro Member
Allright the suits aren't going to completely ruin this INDY

dont' you just love the nighttime qualifying show from indy. it always rocks. and then the live coverage today. rocks again.

great to see john kernan back on espn. don't know about the goatee though dude.

how cool is KB's hat. I want one.

have you ever seen so many amazing paint schemes?

what about live coverage on a sunday afternoon. even with the oil down, they filled the time well talking to shirley kenny etc

there's something cool about them breaking for commercial as a fueler backs up from a burnout, coming back and the run is over. gives a real time feel doesn't it.

the coverage has been great. is indy our field of dreams or what?

Last edited:
Kernan

yeah, I was going to myself "where have I seen this guy before?"

then I remembered he used to do a daily auto racing wrap up on espn a few years ago.

I think his work at Indy was excellent and I think the goatee was a good move.

I still wish Parker was still around, at least on a free lance basis.

Same with Bill Stephens, he should pop in now and then to stir things up.

Oh, yeah, it was good of Gary Gerold to ask Shirley on the phone about the new points system. Good reporting, as I'm sure he already knew Shirleys stance, and asked anyway. That's good journalism, getting a controversial story out instead of pretending it doesn't exist. I'm guessing the ESPN staff do not get their paychecks directly from NHRA!

-85% Jimmy
with a rev limiter

PS - I think they got the points concept not from NASCAR, but the 'mater, as all us old timers got to start all over to build up our former record post counts!

Once again we learn why LIVE drag racing cannot be shown...Thanks Scott I know you didnt mean it and yes they did a good job filling but I presume they had to be ready so it was laid out in advance.

I beg to differ on live Drag Racing!
If we had a motor sports channel devoted to the sport and filled the oil down time with interesting interviews and rerun earlier races like Bernstein in 83 and Shirley's win why not.
I'm here to be entertained by drag racing and I was entertained immensely. The time restraints are because drag racing is only a side line sport on ESPN.

As to the live shows, I don't think filling down time is the only problem. To me, the bigger issue is after filling time with othere stuff, what happens when the two hour time slot ends and the race hasn't. Shows over and no one gets to see the finals. We certainly couldn't expect them to run it long, as you know how pissed we get, when they do it to us.:D

Yeah whatever happened to Parker? Did he go back to Indy Cars or is he reporting for something else?

He opened dealership somewhere in the Northwest a couple years ago, if I'm not mistaking on the location --- (Washington state maybe?) I think it's a Honda dealership and he left ESPN to focus on that last I heard.
Someone correct me on the locale if I'm wrong.

great to see john kernan back on espn. don't know about the goatee though dude.
Martino_Kernan.jpg

He opened dealership somewhere in the Northwest a couple years ago, if I'm not mistaking on the location --- (Washington state maybe?) I think it's a Honda dealership and he left ESPN to focus on that last I heard.
Someone correct me on the locale if I'm wrong.

Could you be referring to Parker Johnstone, whom Gary Gerould replaced, who opened a Honda dealership in Wilsonville, Oregon, just South of Portland?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back