Friday/Saturday qualifying (1 Viewer)

vern

Nitro Member
I thought the coverage was awful on ESPN 2. Showing a couple of runs was lousy. The had a new Top Fuel team and they didn't even bother to interview them? I can see why the teams are struggling to keep existing sponsors or picking up new ones. Getting zero TV time isn't really helping the big or independent racers either.

honestly I didn't catch much of it, once I heard Schumacher going on about making up 600 points due to the countdown I shut it off.

From what little I did see though, they were in a rough spot. Do they focus on qualifying for the current race or the results of the past race. For the seasoned fan, we would have understand the difference but for the average fan or newcomer mixing the two would be a bit difficult to keep straight. When they do shows, they have to cover a wide range of knowledge or fandom. For a normal show, they do it right more often then not. For a cluster mashup that this one was, they really were stuck.

I didn't see the qualifying show, so I don't know what Tony was complaining about, but with a double dip on Sunday, I'm guessing he's not complaining anymore.

I thought the coverage was awful on ESPN 2. Showing a couple of runs was lousy. The had a new Top Fuel team and they didn't even bother to interview them? I can see why the teams are struggling to keep existing sponsors or picking up new ones. Getting zero TV time isn't really helping the big or independent racers either.

If you mean the new Gas Monkey Garage TF team, they were mentioned during an interview with Rhonda Hartmann-Smith. But that was possibly/probably on the ESPN3 coverage.

I find I have more interest in local drag racing and the nostalgic events then I do in the National Events.

Must be a sign that I am getting older!!! The Southern Gasser's put on some of the best shows around.

Just my opinion. Jimbo

http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I find I have more interest in local drag racing and the nostalgic events then I do in the National Events.

Must be a sign that I am getting older!!! The Southern Gasser's put on some of the best shows around.

Just my opinion. Jimbo

http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I know what you mean, I usually only go to one national event a year now. But I take in several local shows.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back