First Broadcast (1 Viewer)

This is a tough crowd to please for sure.

Remember the day's of ESPN and what that was like!!

I am willing to give everyone involved a few races under their belt.

Also without the Fox deal we could find drag racing out in the woods some where.

Jim Hill
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Someone mentioned burnouts, and the lack of showing them, and how it doesn't matter because they're not good anymore. To me, they really appear weak compared to a few years ago (maybe more than a few). I read Force asked his CCs about how to bring back the long smokers, but it seems there's no going back. Beyond the length of the burnouts, they don't create the smoke that they used to, because of the evolution in tire design. Another example of part of the "show" becoming a victim of improved performance, and I get it, but I think even more than dry hops, the lack of billowing smoke on the burnouts really hurts the drama of the show. There are some nostalgia BB/FCs out there, like the Tiki Warrior I believe, that really do fantastic, old school burnouts.

I won't reiterate the various critiques, as I agree with most. But I will say THANK YOU for showing the broadcast on time. I went into it keeping in mind that this is new camera crews, a new sport to Fox, and a sport with dynamics different than anything they've ever done. I would have loved to see sportsman racing while waiting for the turnarounds for the finals, but I blame that on NHRA's total disregard for those classes, not Fox. Yeah, it wasn't the greatest and there's room for improvement, but I think they'll figure it out.

It was a first run for much of the production staff and TonyP. I will give them a pass. Maybe my mistake in thinking it was going to be FOX quality from the green light. It takes time to gather a unit (not my unit ) and perform to the best. TonyP will have to get down in the trenches. Nitro knowledge and Pro Stock knowledge are now equal because his mic is hot during both. He will be a pro by mid season.

I would produce hour long qual shows with showing a graphic of the earlier quals and go in depth on the final runs. More footage. Isolating of cars, drivers and crew chiefs. Tell the story of "why". How did they get here? What are they battling in the set up? You guys know. I don't need a news feed like last weekend.

In a nutshell, it will all be fine.

Oh, and by the way, I've noticed quite a bit of cross-promotion by Fox Sports. I saw more ads for the first show in one month than I ever did during ESPN's entire run.

I will say this, NHRA is getting replayed like crazy on the Fox family of networks, and that can only be a positive thing. It has gotten several replays on FS1, FS2 and I even saw it on FS West last night. That can only be good for everybody involved.

And I just saw Robert Hight interviewed during final practice at Daytona for the Cup cars, so Fox is doing their part.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back