Fuel Team Boycott - your opinion? (1 Viewer)

I think boycotting Saturday would be more effective... That way everyone has a chance to qualify and race...

CJ Curtsinger

I agree CJ. The end result would be a 12 car field for Sunday with 4 open positions. Paul Page would have to explain the situation on Sunday. It would be a very solid signal to NHRA. Chances are the teams with the biggest sponsors would make the 12 car field which would satisfy most of the big dollar deals.

The price of tickets, parking, souvenirs, food and beverage continue to soar. Payouts should be on a graduated scale.

BOYCOTT SATURDAY!

The pro cars are mostly corporate representatives and I can't think of any corporation who would invest large sums of money for a team not to show up.

I find it hilarious that the so-called "fans" are calling for a boycott, nobody that has so far posted in favor of this "idea" has any vested, i.e. monetary, interest in any pro team.

Just when I think I've seen it all, you special "fans" come through again.

Sheesh :rolleyes:

Hell, the FANS ought to boycott. I feel sorry for the paying customer in Atlanta next weekend, if they going to be subjected to the same show that we just saw in Houston and Vegas.

There ya go. How upset would fans be if they spent all that dough to get in - and THEN find out the big name fuel cars didn't show up? Holy crap, that would be suicide. Why pizz off the fans? The casual fan probably could let track conditions slide, so long as they got to smell some nitro, get some autographs, have a turkey leg and a coke or a beer, buy a hat or Tshirt, grab some stickers from the Manufacturer Midway and see some runs.

There ya go. How upset would fans be if they spent all that dough to get in - and THEN find out the big name fuel cars didn't show up? Holy crap, that would be suicide. Why pizz off the fans? The casual fan probably could let track conditions slide, so long as they got to smell some nitro, get some autographs, have a turkey leg and a coke or a beer, buy a hat or Tshirt, grab some stickers from the Manufacturer Midway and see some runs.

I totally agree

Sounds like the fans here on this site are the ones upset w/ NHRA as the fuel racers keep showing up w/ smiles on their faces. According to NHRA marketing 95% of their fans that attend NHRA drag races do not follow the sport as die-hards. They become interested when the 'big show' comes into their city. Ask most people in the stands how their favorite driver/car ran @ the Winternats of 08 and they will not have a clue. They come out, have their food/drinks, buy some gifts, listen to the cars cackle in the pits, watch the races and go home.
IMO...alot of you are way to consumed w/ the NHRA's way of doing business from your prospective.

So lets recap here

no boycotting cuz it will harm sponsors, sponsorships and fans who show up

boycott because it will grab NHRA's attention and force them to fix all the ills of the sport

no complaining if you are a racer becuase nhra will lay the smack down on you

complain if you're a racer because they need racers so that they can make money

no complaining if you are a fan, well just becuase you're a fan and have nothing of any value to input just pay for your ticket, drink and hot dog; buy that shirt, hat and program then sit down and shut up.

Complain as a fan as because its the fans dollars that makes sure the sponsors and in turn the teams are there to begin with. Fans are investors in the sport and if they don't see a valuable return (ie a good show) then they will move on

There's no sense in asking the nhra to explain or even encourage them to seek outside help, because they don't care and only count money.

Nhra is in the business to make money so they want to listen to what the customer says before the lose them

Boycotting would either be sport suicide or a great move, results may vary in your neighborhood.

I think that sums it up continue:D.........

Funny some one mentioned IHRA.... i got back from the Rockingham Dragway last night .. they are getting ready for the Spring Nationals....big rumor if one Top NHRA multi car teams will be here testing after the event and before Atlanta... and have requested a standard IHRA national type prep.... the team name was stated..but i'm gonna hold off to take pics of the test and post them... if and when they show up.....(thats just the rumor... and we all know how rumors are at events.. no matter whos event....)

Also ..is it just me.. or .. does all these problems seem to be helping Brutons cause toward buying the NHRA.....????? more troubles equal less value..equal ..cheaper cost to buy?....lol

would that be like insider trading?...lol...

Sounds like the fans here on this site are the ones upset w/ NHRA as the fuel racers keep showing up w/ smiles on their faces. According to NHRA marketing 95% of their fans that attend NHRA drag races do not follow the sport as die-hards. They become interested when the 'big show' comes into their city. Ask most people in the stands how their favorite driver/car ran @ the Winternats of 08 and they will not have a clue. They come out, have their food/drinks, buy some gifts, listen to the cars cackle in the pits, watch the races and go home.
IMO...alot of you are way to consumed w/ the NHRA's way of doing business from your prospective.

You are on to something there. A large number of the fans in the stands are just there cuz the show is in town.

However in order to build the sport and reach the levels that will attract more and bigger sponsors the goal needs to be to retain those fans. Not only so that they show up to next years race but also to tune in every week to bump the ratings and such

Yeah; IF this is truly an issue, this is between the car owners, drivers & the sanctioning body in my opinion.

Another example how that could alienate the fans... with all due respect, let it be known that I am not the biggest fan of Don Shoemacher Racing. Still, I can't even begin to imagine Tony Shoemacher not bringing his US Army Car out to a track... especially near an Army base.... just because he was mad at NHRA. That man has such a tremendous amount of respect for his fans, and for the many people who literally ARE his sponsors and protect our freedom... you see it in every intervie he does; it's awesome.

So if those soldiers save up & bring thier families out once a year after watching him on TV to see Tony??? And he ain't there??? That's playing with fire........

The pro cars are mostly corporate representatives and I can't think of any corporation who would invest large sums of money for a team not to show up.

I find it hilarious that the so-called "fans" are calling for a boycott, nobody that has so far posted in favor of this "idea" has any vested, i.e. monetary, interest in any pro team.

Just when I think I've seen it all, you special "fans" come through again.

Sheesh :rolleyes:

Perfect example of why Glendora can get away with everything they do....:rolleyes:

Perfect example of why Glendora can get away with everything they do....:rolleyes:
Wtf, why does my opinion "allow" NHRA to get away with anything?

Is it because I don't automatically jump on the lemming bandwagon and denounce NHRA and demand they listen to me?

Curious, what is YOUR involvement in drag racing?

Wtf, why does my opinion "allow" NHRA to get away with anything?

Is it because I don't automatically jump on the lemming bandwagon and denounce NHRA and demand they listen to me?

Curious, what is YOUR involvement in drag racing?

just a question but does a certain level of involvement make an opinion worth more? There's no doubt it does give a different perpesctive and experience level. What if I have only driven a moped down the the track or bought a t shirt. If I've been 100mph does that count. 7 seconds? Does it have to be nitro or if I've flopped down a million dollars in sponsorship does that count?

I get that some may know more about certain aspects if they are on the "inside"" but it doesn't mean others that have not been there can not add anything or at least notice the obvious. Especially since its the fans money that they are after, it might be wise to listen.

NHRA and PRO have a number of issues on the table at any given time. They may not get resolved tomorrow, but they are working on them. When you call for a boycott. Think about the parties involved. For the average fan, a guy that can afford to have a Funny Car doesn't really rate much sympathy from a guy who saved up to take his kid to the Drags.

Just making up names. My favorite driver is Alan. I buy his oil, from the store on his fender and even wear his sunglasses. After waiting all year for Alan to come back to town so I can get an autograph on the picture he took with me last year, I find out that he's not running this week, because of a dispute with NHRA. I will now buy a different brand of oil, from the parts store accross the street. And I won't come back to the races next year.

Does that sound like a winner to you?

Before you decide that a boycott is the answer, does anyone other than me remember the Baseball strike?

Let the parties involved resolve the problems, they have a vested interest in getting it done. And they're working on it.

Alan

As always this is my opinion, I am NOT speaking for NHRA

just a question but does a certain level of involvement make an opinion worth more? There's no doubt it does give a different perpesctive and experience level. What if I have only driven a moped down the the track or bought a t shirt. If I've been 100mph does that count. 7 seconds? Does it have to be nitro or if I've flopped down a million dollars in sponsorship does that count?

I get that some may know more about certain aspects if they are on the "inside"" but it doesn't mean others that have not been there can not add anything or at least notice the obvious. Especially since its the fans money that they are after, it might be wise to listen.
There are many here who are fans-in-the-stands and nothing wrong with that, but they should not be demanding anything from NHRA or the racers.

Besides buying their seats, beer, food and whatever else, they have no monetary investment in the sport. Anybody who has ever built a car will tell you the dedication and financial strains, fans don't go through that.

As for me, I'm building a car to race, not for the fans, but for me. I really don't want some fan telling me how to run my car or my business and I will gladly tell them so.

There are many here who are fans-in-the-stands and nothing wrong with that, but they should not be demanding anything from NHRA or the racers.

Besides buying their seats, beer, food and whatever else, they have no monetary investment in the sport. Anybody who has ever built a car will tell you the dedication and financial strains, fans don't go through that.

As for me, I'm building a car to race, not for the fans, but for me. I really don't want some fan telling me how to run my car or my business and I will gladly tell them so.

Fair enough, but with the big money that it takes to run a pro series not many can do that out of pocket. Which means they needs sponsors, the sponsors are there to promote their product/services to the fans. If the fans are not there then the sponsors would leave meaining less teams able to afford to run.

Sure the guy building a car to run at the local track or smaller circuit doesn't care as much about the fans. They're running for the fun of it and maybe to win a few bucks or trophies along the way

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back