Message To ESPN (1 Viewer)

there are things in life big business has the public duped into believing and
one of them is paying for TV.....what a scam, probably worse than what the
the damn cell phone companies are raking in.

i pay about $60/mo for about 15 channels that i regularly watch and about 50
channels of crap that never even get a look.

premium auto racing channels have constantly been available in the 'premium'
or highest cost channel package, which i'm certain any future 'nhra channel'
would fall into.... and i for one not think twice about NEVER purchasing it.

there are things in life big business has the public duped into believing and
one of them is paying for TV.....what a scam, probably worse than what the
the damn cell phone companies are raking in.

i pay about $60/mo for about 15 channels that i regularly watch and about 50
channels of crap that never even get a look.

premium auto racing channels have constantly been available in the 'premium'

I agree with you on that lol. Other than espn 2, the sports package is useless

The qualifying show next Saturday night (actually Sunday morning) is on at 12:30 am Eastern, and follows the Mississippi vs Fresno State football game. I'm guessing the combined total of living alumni from both of those schools is about, what 200,000 people? You KNOW ESPN is going to run that game long and blow out the NHRA telecast. :(

Hate it when I'm right...

That's not the point!

Okay, I haven't watched a qualifying show in a couple of seasons, This year I saw what I wanted on ESPN3 Friday night... Will watch the race today on ESPN3. My biggest issue is running the audiocast at the same time as the track feed, and not napping... yeah, I've 'Z'ed' out a few times over the last few weeks... it's almost like watching golf:eek:

My only other issue? With rare exceptions, it the same show.

.......premium auto racing channels have constantly been available in the 'premium'

just when you think you know a little......on 9/30/11 an article on
dragracingonline.com stated that Lucas Oil bought controlling interest in
MAVTV; it is not a 'premium' channel on our present DISH package.
very interesting purchase.

just when you think you know a little......on 9/30/11 an article on
dragracingonline.com stated that Lucas Oil bought controlling interest in
MAVTV; it is not a 'premium' channel on our present DISH package.
very interesting purchase.

Forrest has been on the MavTV board of directors and a significant investor for quite some time. MavTV is also not available on DirecTV, though I wish it was.

Forrest has been on the MavTV board of directors and a significant investor for quite some time. MavTV is also not available on DirecTV, though I wish it was.

from what i can research, he's been invested and on board since 2008;
now controls it.
hope they can make a move to DirecTV in same price point as Dish.

MavTV has a deal on their web page where you can submit a e-mail to you local carrier to request the channel...

Here’s a typical broadcast: Force goes out in round one, gets a lengthy interview. Remainder of JFR cars out in round 2; John gets a long and incoherent interview. Semis and Paul Page makes it a point to mention John or Ashley (who isn’t even racing this year) in some passing comment. Between that and the finals guess who gets another lengthy interview? What the ..... ? :confused:

It took a while for me to come to the understanding that the broadcast isn’t for people like you and me who are actual participants, attendees, or long time fans. It is directed at the newbie who has never heard of any of these people except maybe John Force. Maybe I’m just slow or something. :D

Maddening as that may be, I’m afraid we’re stuck with it.

Here’s a typical broadcast: Force goes out in round one, gets a lengthy interview. Remainder of JFR cars out in round 2; John gets a long and incoherent interview. Semis and Paul Page makes it a point to mention John or Ashley (who isn’t even racing this year) in some passing comment. Between that and the finals guess who gets another lengthy interview? What the ..... ? :confused:

It took a while for me to come to the understanding that the broadcast isn’t for people like you and me who are actual participants, attendees, or long time fans. It is directed at the newbie who has never heard of any of these people except maybe John Force. Maybe I’m just slow or something. :D

Maddening as that may be, I’m afraid we’re stuck with it.

I started thinking this was funny, but then I got scared when I realized you just wrote 90% truth

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back