Brittney's car struggling so far at NHRA Finals (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
I am surprised to see Brittney's car has not made a full pull in the 1st two qualifying sessions at Pomona. That car almost always makes it down the track. Yes, it is hotter than normal there this weekend, but the track seems good as the usual top teams have been able to make very competitive runs. Maybe they misplaced their batch of good clutch disks??

Well, I guess that's a possibility, but I think it is unlikely with all the "Little points" available. Plus, Grubnic has never played that game before. But we shall see tomorrow if the car all of a sudden "comes around".

If she qualifies very low, and draws Capco in the first round, and takes him out, then it's "Game On!" for the rest of the day.

The more I think about it, the more I think Joe may be right. The only way she has a chance to win the Championship is if Capco goes out first round. Even then she would have to go to the final round. But what better car to try and take Capco out 1st Rd than Grubnic/Brittney? Can't do that if Brit qualifies in their usual top 3 spot.

The more I think about it, the more I think Joe may be right. The only way she has a chance to win the Championship is if Capco goes out first round. Even then she would have to go to the final round. But what better car to try and take Capco out 1st Rd than Grubnic/Brittney? Can't do that if Brit qualifies in their usual top 3 spot.
But being on the bubble going into the last session is pretty dangerous, even with 17 cars. I don't believe that was intentional.

But being on the bubble going into the last session is pretty dangerous, even with 17 cars. I don't believe that was intentional.

So Brittney ends up 13th, and draws Dad Billy in the 1st Rd. That should be a hell of a race. Still a very long shot for Brit to beat Steve for the Championship.

I'm looking forward to being there tomorrow. My 3rd dose of Nitro in 4 weeks : )

Brittany's problem was that Steve did not qualify #1. Very hard to place at #15. I think Grubby just tried to get in the show and ended up only missing by two places for #15.

I seriously doubt that. A team of that caliber and budget wouldn't back themselves into a corner like that.
Especially Grubnic! I don't want think it but maybe he was so frustrated with the season of himself doing his part and the driver not, he decided, maybe I'll just kick back for the last race of the season.

Here is my thought on this one. I maybe looking into this too far but. I know JFR has a bunch of money to lure some really good crew chiefs in but, What if winning is more important for your resume?

Now, I don't own a magic ball for predictions because Amazon was out of stock on them but, This a really long reach on this one, Grubnic goes to Salinas because Mike has a bunch of spending money to work with and Alan is leaving. How much money do you think he had to have to convince Alan Johnson? I can bet that he didn't come cheap and he wasn't just gonna accept sushi.

Especially Grubnic! I don't want think it but maybe he was so frustrated with the season of himself doing his part and the driver not, he decided, maybe I'll just kick back for the last race of the season.

Here is my thought on this one. I maybe looking into this too far but. I know JFR has a bunch of money to lure some really good crew chiefs in but, What if winning is more important for your resume?

Now, I don't own a magic ball for predictions because Amazon was out of stock on them but, This a really long reach on this one, Grubnic goes to Salinas because Mike has a bunch of spending money to work with and Alan is leaving. How much money do you think he had to have to convince Alan Johnson? I can bet that he didn't come cheap and he wasn't just gonna accept sushi.
I highly doubt a CC of Grubby's caliber would ever decide to "just kick back" for the Finals. I'm sure he, along with everyone else competing, would've loved to go into the off season with a win.

IMO if grubby and team could have pulled off what they were trying, we would be talking about it for years.
one car team. qualifying just perfect with one scenario to pass opponent in points and win the whole enchilada.
same deal with hagen and capps, although i don't think they tried to qualify to meet in 1st or 2nd round; it just happened that way.

I know this is a discussion of where everyone is going to end up next year, but, and I admit I have not really looked at who won in what lane. It sure would have been nice to have raced on more than a one lane race track. Results could nave different. Don't know why Team Force TF car couldn't make it down that left lane. Grubby didn't forget how to run 3.60s and Britts driving didn't cause it either!

I know this is a discussion of where everyone is going to end up next year, but, and I admit I have not really looked at who won in what lane. It sure would have been nice to have raced on more than a one lane race track. Results could nave different. Don't know why Team Force TF car couldn't make it down that left lane. Grubby didn't forget how to run 3.60s and Britts driving didn't cause it either!
Very likely they were trying to to get the other CAPCO car in the first round to have a chance to win the championship. The problem with that is you don't have any data for the first round if you use up all your runs trying to be slow (at a certain ET).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back