Crazy Rumor - I Hope It's True (1 Viewer)

As my Mom always said be careful what you wish for
F1 tickets are $2500 a seat, takes big money to make big money
F1 at Austria last week had more spectators than NHRA for the season
F1 budget is $345 million per car enough to fund every nitro car for 10 years
F1 tv time 2 hours
NHRA tv time 2 minutes maybe 10 if you go all four rounds
the ROI is not there for NHRA
NHRA and F1 are how ever similar in the fact that NHRA is rich people playing F1 is mega rich people playing
if you get companies into NHRA that want to start to see an ROI you can expect ticket prices to go way up, like most pro sports
IMO there is not enough new blood coming into the sport, yes there are some young drivers but they are generational not new

it's just an opinion! this forum is provided to voice opinions. whether positive or negative these opinions are not gonna impact anything. they never have and never will !! just sayin!

You mean like how this board was bootlicking Popa Johns and their sh*tty made-from-frozen Pizza when they were a sponsor? I would always try to purchase products that sponsor my favorite racing series, but I did it once with them and never again when I have a very good mom-and-pop place just a few minutes from my house.

F1 tv time 2 hours
NHRA tv time 2 minutes maybe 10 if you go all four rounds
the ROI is not there for NHRA

I used to work for a company that is a big sponsor in NASCAR. TV time is one of the least important things when it comes to sponsorships. Where F1 shines for sponsors is the ability for sponsors to take their customers to the races and give them a memorable experience. Even with NASCAR or IndyCar, the hospitality suites or tents are important to sponsors. Good meals before and during the race, and meet-and-greets with the drivers help a lot.

i think, stating how F1 or Nascar TV time, is vastly greater than NHRA racing is not accurate. Of the 30 or so racing, on an oval or road course, I've notice, unless they are one of the top 5 cars in the lead, they receive about as much tv time as a drag car, that goes a couple of rounds !!

i think, stating how F1 or Nascar TV time, is vastly greater than NHRA racing is not accurate. Of the 30 or so racing, on an oval or road course, I've notice, unless they are one of the top 5 cars in the lead, they receive about as much tv time as a drag car, that goes a couple of rounds !!

TV time is not important to most sponsors. Being able to use the event to build relationships with top customers is the goal. Taking customers or prospects to races and turning it into a memorable event is more important. Think of it this way: Oracle is a major sponsor of Red Bull in F1. Oracle does not expect any person to see the Oracle logo on Max Verstappen's car and decide to switch their business to an Oracle product. Instead, they want to be able to take their top 5 customers to the Monaco Grand Prix. Or, they take 100 customers in the USA to the races at COTA or Miami.

That's what makes sponsorship worth the money.

TV time is not important to most sponsors. Being able to use the event to build relationships with top customers is the goal. Taking customers or prospects to races and turning it into a memorable event is more important. Think of it this way: Oracle is a major sponsor of Red Bull in F1. Oracle does not expect any person to see the Oracle logo on Max Verstappen's car and decide to switch their business to an Oracle product. Instead, they want to be able to take their top 5 customers to the Monaco Grand Prix. Or, they take 100 customers in the USA to the races at COTA or Miami.

That's what makes sponsorship worth the money.
Bingo.

I think I remember RED BULL'S first foray in US Motorsports. If I remember correctly, I think they showed up on the side of KENNY WALLACE'S TRUCK, saying something like "RED BULL IS GOING TO BE BIG. THEY ARE Huge IN EUROPE, AND IF THINGS WORK OUT HERE, the may become huge here too. I guess they went for extreme sports.
If anyone has a clear memory on this let me know if I am wrong. Which has happened in the past. 😏

I know he was a savvy businessman, but wasn't it Kenny Bernstein who started this hospitality concept?
Kenny actually brought the Hospitality idea in from NASCAR when he had the team over there. It wasn’t really necessary before the big corporate sponsors got involved. If you remember not to be outdone Jeg’s had a Chef that had a TV show for a while partially to impress potential associate sponsors and also it was a “Mine is bigger than yours” deal😎.

Kenny actually brought the Hospitality idea in from NASCAR when he had the team over there. It wasn’t really necessary before the big corporate sponsors got involved. If you remember not to be outdone Jeg’s had a Chef that had a TV show for a while partially to impress potential associate sponsors and also it was a “Mine is bigger than yours” deal😎.
Professional touring Spectators Association

IMO if monster is happy with their position in drag racing, and plans to continue, you can be sure red bull is aware it, and the price point (annual sponsor dollar amount) to
market to the drag racing segment. would be nice to have red bull try us out. i could see them becoming involved with 3 teams; one each in europe, australia, and USA

A multi billion dollar company is possibly looking at getting into drag racing and we already have negative posts on a public drag racing forum about the potential new sponsor's product. Way to go guys!
Did anybody actually drink Mello Yello or PowerAde other the the drivers at the top end when they stuck one in their face with the cameras on ? LOL But I actually like Red Bull. Mixed with Vodka is how most people drink it.

Did anybody actually drink Mello Yello or PowerAde other the the drivers at the top end when they stuck one in their face with the cameras on ? LOL But I actually like Red Bull. Mixed with Vodka is how most people drink it.
Not sure if anyone ever drank the stuff.... That wasn't the point. Did you ever hear anyone talk negatively about the product itself while on camera? (or in a post on the internet)

anyone find it odd how tobacco and to a degree alcohol are so frowned on, yet energy drinks laced with who knows what, can do whatever they want.
even tiger woods has an M on his bag this year. pushed by the world's most successful athletes.

Tiger has had a sponsorship with Monster since 2016, so it's nothing new.

I used to go with Powerade when I had our business for the employees.
I also mixed Melo Yellow with Patron.

Not sure if anyone ever drank the stuff.... That wasn't the point. Did you ever hear anyone talk negatively about the product itself while on camera? (or in a post on the internet)

BINGO! There's a big difference between actively supporting a sponsor and badmouthing them.

There are a lot of companies that are involved in NHRA who's products I don't use, but I thank them for being here.

If I like ABC Vodka and XYZ Vodka is sponsoring a car. I can still drink ABC without feeling the need to say or post that "XYZ Sucks".

Alan

Speaking of sponsors the Monster & Coke alliance is something to look at. Right now Coke owns about 19% of monster and gave some of it’s drink rights to Monster back in 2014. In April of this year the CEO of Coke said it is not if - but when that Coke will basically do a hostil takeover of Monster and it’s subsidiaries. They already have the Hansen brand which started Monster. The point is when (not if) this happens what becomes of the Monster presence in NHRA given the bad blood from how the Coke sponsorship ended.

anyone find it odd how tobacco and to a degree alcohol are so frowned on, yet energy drinks laced with who knows what, can do whatever they want.
even tiger woods has an M on his bag this year. pushed by the world's most successful athletes.

Energy drinks have ingredients clearly labeled. Aside from the sugar, they aren’t going to kill you. Most have less caffeine than a coffee.
Tobacco (and the products that it is delivered with) on the other hand have been proven time and time again to reduce your lifespan.

Back to the subject at hand, I’d be interested to see what Red Bull’s marketing knowledge could do with drag racing. I love watching a lot of their other stunts.

One other US motorsport example where Red Bull (and other energy drinks) has traditionally had a significant presence is off road racing- both desert and short course flavors. And they don't own the teams in these cases, which are a bit closer to drag racing in terms of budget and sophistication than F1. So there is precedent for Red Bull just being a sponsor, particularly if it is a sport they judge to be sufficiently "extreme" and fits the image they try to cultivate. Also there is Red Bull KTM in MotoGP and supercross which are not owned by Red Bull to my knowledge, though that structure might be a little more complicated given they share title sponsorship with a fellow Austrian company- wouldn't surprise me if there was an official or unofficial partnership.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back