Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

Dave, I will have to check that out.

Terry Larsen, it was because of you cry baby Huskers that we had to split the championship in 1997. I guess it did bring about a good change in making the championship game though.

John you should read the college football thread from last year if you haven't seen it yet. It's legendary!

Here's the link. http://www.nitromater.com/lounge/2950-state-your-college-fball-team.html

Everyone had their own rivalrys and battles. Teri absolutely held her own (with Kenny's support) against PJ and myself. There's too much much to even begin to try and explain. You will hear references here to coffee mugs, buckeye nuts, ice storms, PJs illness and on and on and on. It was an unbelievable thread.

Amen, Dave! It truly was a ball and legendary was a good term for it--and now John calls the Huskers cry babies----hmmmm just cause we have never llost a game that wasn't "stolen" from us by bad calls, etc? Ok, John, we know how you feel about the Huskers--how bout the big 12 in general?

John
Just to let ya know, "Terry" IS one of the good guys here. (Huskers and all ;)) Not to be confused with "Teri". That's the bad one. :p:D Now I'm going to really hear it! Stick around.

Thanks for the kind words, Dave. I appreciate it!!!! I promise I will come visit you in the hospital when Teri with an I sees that post!!!!

Thanks again everyone for the welcome.

Teri, Troy Smith may have won the Heisman, but what happened in the Championship game, oh and was it the first round he was drafted in, no, maybe second, shoot, wrong again...... And where is he now, playing third string water boy?

I guess he did go higher than Leak who beat Ohio State for the championship though.

You are right about the championship game John. That is still a nightmare!! I had several BUCKEYE treasures that didn't survive that game, luckily I got some great new ones while I was home last week!!! I had high hopes for Troy Smith, at least he can always say he won the Heisman!!!

Welcome John & just so you don't forget GO BUCKEYES!!!!!

rist

John
Just to let ya know, "Terry" IS one of the good guys here. (Huskers and all ;)) Not to be confused with "Teri". That's the bad one. :p:D Now I'm going to really hear it! Stick around.

I have had a dislike for the Huskers since 1997 when they "fought" to be named co-champs. It was well after Michigan was declaired the champs that all of a sudden we were co-champs.

Nothing against you Terry, that just gets to me. Nebraska did have one of the highest scoring games I have ever seen though, 77-3. I don't remember against who though.

Big 12 is like most confrences (except the Independent Confrence), there are about 50% good teams and 50% bad. Big 10 is mostly good teams ;) . While I mentioned the Independents, ND is scared of being in a real confrence. How many times have the turned down joining the BIG 10?

I don't mean to offend, unless you are a USC, Ohio State or a Notre Dame fan, I just bleed Maize and Blue, through and through.

GO BLUE!!!!

John you should read the college football thread from last year if you haven't seen it yet. It's legendary!

Here's the link. http://www.nitromater.com/lounge/2950-state-your-college-fball-team.html

Everyone had their own rivalrys and battles. Teri absolutely held her own (with Kenny's support) against PJ and myself. There's too much much to even begin to try and explain. You will hear references here to coffee mugs, buckeye nuts, ice storms, PJs illness and on and on and on. It was an unbelievable thread.

John......This is the only thing I am gonna agree with Dave on!!! You have to go back & read that thread. It was alot of fun & I made quite a few friends from it!! But the best part was when the BUCKEYES beat Michigan & I (& Kenny Miller) got to rub it in to Dave & PJ!!! Now we'll get to rub it in to you as well this year when we win!!!!!:p

John......This is the only thing I am gonna agree with Dave on!!! You have to go back & read that thread. It was alot of fun & I made quite a few friends from it!! But the best part was when the BUCKEYES beat Michigan & I (& Kenny Miller) got to rub it in to Dave & PJ!!! Now we'll get to rub it in to you as well this year when we win!!!!!:p

Go Huskers????

rist

Speaking of the Heisman I am going to a Fantasy Football Camp in a few weeks and Andre Ware is going to be there. He won the 89 Heisman if I remember correcty while QB at Univ. of Houston.. I think I am going to take along a football so he can sign it. Last year they had Ray Childress and Bruce Matthews there.

Also another college team that is probably going to be under the radar is Tulsa. Todd Graham turned Rice into a really good football program and then jump shipped to the rival Tulsa team but if he's does the same there they could be a really good football team. Ofcourse I'm not talking Nat Champs or anything but top 10 possibly. Hey Boise State did it!

As long as Michigan beats ND and OSU, I could care less about the other games. Sure a National Title is nice, but beating those two teams is better.

Michigan is what....... 57 - 40 - 6 against Ohio State? Oh well, we hold the winning record against you.

John
Just to let ya know, "Terry" IS one of the good guys here. (Huskers and all ) Not to be confused with "Teri". That's the bad one. Now I'm going to really hear it! Stick around.

Dave, Dave, Dave, you know you like me & you would miss me if I wasn't here to razz you about those Wolverines, so I am gonna let it go, but only this one time so watch out!!!!!;):p;)

Dave, Dave, Dave, you know you like me & you would miss me if I wasn't here to razz you about those Wolverines, so I am gonna let it go, but only this one time so watch out!!!!!;):p;)

Oh, my, Dave--do I sense the presence of the mojo of the buckeye already??? And do you still have that cup??? Teri may be using it as a channel for injecting buckeye mojo into your area again. Think about it, my friend.....

Justin.....I did a double take when I saw this was your post cause I figured it was PJ!!!:p::

of course it wasn't me. I wouldn't allow just anyone to beat up on you afterall I'm a little protective of my slow, demented, misguided and slightly evil buckeye friend.:p;):D

As long as Michigan beats ND and OSU, I could care less about the other games. Sure a National Title is nice, but beating those two teams is better.

Michigan is what....... 57 - 40 - 6 against Ohio State? Oh well, we hold the winning record against you.

and state too

and I agree on the Nebraska Tom Osborne goodbye present robbery of '97, then there was the bowl game final play a few year ago.....damn it I'm breakin out in a sweat and yelling at the computer just thinking about that game:eek:

and state too

and I agree on the Nebraska Tom Osborne goodbye present robbery of '97, then there was the bowl game final play a few year ago.....damn it I'm breakin out in a sweat and yelling at the computer just thinking about that game:eek:

Yepper, this is gettin good! And believe it or not, PJ, I am totally in agreement with you about the TO present of 97. See, I'm one of the maybe 3 or 4 people in this state that don't believe that TO is a god! And I already desecrated another brother of the football thread (and a Michigan fan...sorry Dave) so I'm kinda in the conciliatory mode.... But the cool thing about having crappy teams like we did for a few years is that there seems to be fewer people that hate your team? Go Huskers!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back