Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

Well, welcome aboard the college football thread, John! We have a lot of fun tossing good natured barbs back and forth here--in fact last years college football thread was how a bunch of us got to know each other. Let's see, I'm guessing that you will be hearing from PJ (Michigan) Tim (Texas) Suzie Q )Texas, Teri (Ohio State), Kelly (LSU), Mike and Dave (Notre Dame) and a host of others including me! Go Huskers and welcome aboard!!!

Notre Dame ???!!! :eek: No offense Mike! ;) Terry what the heck ??? After all we've been through .... :D

left_helmet.gif

GO BLUE!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome. I will be spending some time on this topic as I am a huge Michigan fan and a huge college football fan.

I hope for Texas I am wrong, but we will see.

Oh, I am in the Top 10 USC haters in the country.

Well its good to have another Michigan bro. Dave and I can always use help against the evil buckeye and her bewitching ways :)

I work about 2 miles from the Big House

Thats great that your a top ten USC hater. I think at least 1/2 of the top 10 is on this thread, including me

But we all know who won the Heisman & where was he from?????

Oh yeah, OHIO STATE!!!!!

rist

yes and we all know where he's at now.....about to be cut by the Ravens or at best but the top clip board holder in the league

Well its good to have another Michigan bro. Dave and I can always use help against the evil buckeye and her bewitching ways :)

I work about 2 miles from the Big House

Thats great that your a top ten USC hater. I think at least 1/2 of the top 10 is on this thread, including me

I cant stand USC either. Did yall check out the McDuffie link I put up? That kid is awesome. And yes, he really does just straight jump over people.

To all the Michigan fans out there I want you to know that you are part of my nightmare now. I was devastated that Cy Fair's own Sam McDuffie decided to sign with Michigan instead of Texas or Texas A&M. The kid is the best running back I have ever seen. 3000 yds and 44 td's his senior season. Not bad huh? Here's a clip for those of you who dont know him. He's unbelievable and I cant wait to see him play in college. You Michigan fans dont realize what you got with him.

Sam McGuffie Highlite Reel - CollegeHumor video

as long as he's not too soft to play in the cold up here, we'll take him

Notre Dame ???!!! :eek: No offense Mike! ;) Terry what the heck ??? After all we've been through .... :D

left_helmet.gif

GO BLUE!!!!!
OMG, Dave, I truly am sorry!!!!! The only excuse I have other than being a complete idiot that lives in a cornfield is that it was late in the day--lame excuse I know---Dave Major (MICHIGAN)

Hope that helps and please accept my sincere apologies, Dave! You were a great friend and a lot of support during the ice storm last year and you certainly deserve better than a monumental mistake like that--I am going now to have my hands slapped repeatedly--back in a while. Teri, forgive me for now, but I owe Dave this: GO MICHIGAN!

Absolutely NO apology necessary Terry!! Just givin ya cr*p buddy! :) Welcome John my MICHIGAN brother! We have have our hands full with these ohio state people. FYI Teri isn't the only tosu supporter. Kenny Miller is flying under the radar.... him and his "wolverine stew". :mad: You'll have a lot of fun here John. It's FULL of GREAT people!!!!! I've sincerely made a lot of friends here ... even the ones in scarlet and gray. :p

Thanks, Dave. You are the man, and now I can say it---GO HUSKERS! (and the big red is officially Scarlet and Cream--ya don't hear that much anymore, huh)

Thanks for the welcome. I will be spending some time on this topic as I am a huge Michigan fan and a huge college football fan.

I hope for Texas I am wrong, but we will see.

Oh, I am in the Top 10 USC haters in the country.

Michigan fans are a toss up, but USC haters are always welcome :D

Man, I am going to have to get on here more so I can keep up.

Thanks again everyone for the welcome.

Teri, Troy Smith may have won the Heisman, but what happened in the Championship game, oh and was it the first round he was drafted in, no, maybe second, shoot, wrong again...... And where is he now, playing third string water boy?

I guess he did go higher than Leak who beat Ohio State for the championship though.

Last edited:
Man, I am going to have to get on here more so I can keep up.

Thanks again everyone for the welcome.

Teri, Troy Smith may have won the Heisman, but what happened in the Championship game, oh and was it the first round he was drafted in, no, maybe second, shoot, wrong again...... And where is he now, playing third string water boy?

I guess he did go higher than Leak who beat Ohio State for the championship though.

I think John's gonna fit in good around here!!! And I give you permission to beat on Teri, she's an OSU fan who lives in Texas. Almost makes me sick even thinking about it.

Yepper, that's right, and I'm not sure about Tammy and Tim even. John, Teri graciously gave me the gift of magic Buckeyes last season and they are in the spot of honor on the shelf next to my lone wally. But I don't need to help Teri out very often, she's definitely a worthy opponent. Right, Suzie Q?

rist

I am not making fun of the people, just thier favorite schools.

Wait, I guess I am making fun of them, seriously, OSU, what where you thinking? And what's up with "THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY"? Saying THE in front doen't make you any more that a State school.

Texas, not a bad school, just a good friend of the family claims them as his favorite school. His son graduated from there. So every year we get into the Texas/Michigan who is better thing.

Look over the history of all the schools out there, Michigan is KING!! One season doesn't make you the best.

I am not making fun of the people, just thier favorite schools.

Wait, I guess I am making fun of them, seriously, OSU, what where you thinking? And what's up with "THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY"? Saying THE in front doen't make you any more that a State school.

Texas, not a bad school, just a good friend of the family claims them as his favorite school. His son graduated from there. So every year we get into the Texas/Michigan who is better thing.

Look over the history of all the schools out there, Michigan is KING!! One season doesn't make you the best.
And to further add to the confusion, you say OSU to a Husker fan and they will be thinking Oklahoma State---But Teri got me straightened out on that one last season! Michigan, huh? Hey, John, the football thread lead to some pretty interesting side bets last season also--maybe PJ, Dave, and Teri will bring back some memories of Dave and PJs near death experiences with the aftermath of the bets!

Oh, yeah. Almost forgot--Go Huskers!

rist

John you should read the college football thread from last year if you haven't seen it yet. It's legendary!

Here's the link. http://www.nitromater.com/lounge/2950-state-your-college-fball-team.html

Everyone had their own rivalrys and battles. Teri absolutely held her own (with Kenny's support) against PJ and myself. There's too much much to even begin to try and explain. You will hear references here to coffee mugs, buckeye nuts, ice storms, PJs illness and on and on and on. It was an unbelievable thread.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back