Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

Hey Dave....Do you still have that great mug from last year or did you give it to your friend????

Since the football thread started earlier this year than last I can't wait to see how many pages this one will be!!!!:D
And Dave....GO BUCKEYES!!!:p

Teri The little scarlett spittoon ;) is actually put away just for when my buddys in town. I don't allow it anywhere near my other cups and glasses... Especially my favorite Maze and Blue ones.

It's hard to believe a thread could be any longer than last year's but you are right this one will probably dwarf that one! :eek:

Hey, Suzie Q! Tim says with 4 Texas players in jail that has been changed to "Book em, Horns!" And he is a horns fan! Just thought you might want to know.

Go Huskers! A voice from the cornfield.

Haaaaaahahahahaaaa! That is a good ern':D

I think we will be alright with young Colt! He has a hell of an arm and I can't wait to see how much he has grown over the summer!

Did he spend the summer with Barry Bonds?

He has really worked this off season to add more muscle mass and has worked with a new arm workout that is highly used by baseball pitchers!!! He looks REAL GOOD during practice this week that was open to the public!!! The remaining practices are closed off from the public until our "fan appreciation" day. (we can all thank Barry Switzer for them being closed)
Both backup QB's look great and Harris can move similar to Vince!!! The big ??? is the O line with a few guys moving on to pro!!! I think Texas is a bit over-rated at 4, but I think across the board, Texas isnt the only one too high up!!!
HOOK EM HORNS!!!

He has really worked this off season to add more muscle mass and has worked with a new arm workout that is highly used by baseball pitchers!!! He looks REAL GOOD during practice this week that was open to the public!!! The remaining practices are closed off from the public until our "fan appreciation" day. (we can all thank Barry Switzer for them being closed)
Both backup QB's look great and Harris can move similar to Vince!!! The big ??? is the O line with a few guys moving on to pro!!! I think Texas is a bit over-rated at 4, but I think across the board, Texas isnt the only one too high up!!!
HOOK EM HORNS!!!

Sounds like we can plan on Colt being quite a bit more durable than last year also. Damn!!!! The Husker O line is looking quite deep right now, but the D line has a lot of quality players to replace, but may surprise. By the way, just saw in the paper at the doctor's office that one of the "Horn 4" has been exonerated--now there's only three gone, so back to Hook em horns from now on, right Tim? Go Huskers

Sounds like we can plan on Colt being quite a bit more durable than last year also. Damn!!!! The Husker O line is looking quite deep right now, but the D line has a lot of quality players to replace, but may surprise. By the way, just saw in the paper at the doctor's office that one of the "Horn 4" has been exonerated--now there's only three gone, so back to Hook em horns from now on, right Tim? Go Huskers

Thats right!!! The Horn who was arrested has been cleared from the case!!! It was a shame to see him in trouble because his background is one of great character so luckily this young man's future will not be up in the air!!!

So much for the concept of "student athlete" at both schools, huh? Glad to see the innocent player was found to be such--Star athletes or not, (and regardless of school, of course) if they break the law, they deserve the punishment. But if they were just innocent bystanders, it is good to see that be recognized. And what's all this stuff Johnny Mopar is talking about Missouri??????

Ok, guys I figured since this will probably be the largest thread ever once we are all done since the last one was huge, I would start a fantasy college pick'em league. Its yahoo league: Maters College Football (ID# 13838) and the password is: mater or maters I cant remember which one I put.

So you all go join and lets have some fun. I did it by picking the winner of every game each week by point spread, so if anyone needs it explained just let me know and I or someone else will explain it to them. Ok.

So much for the concept of "student athlete" at both schools, huh? Glad to see the innocent player was found to be such--Star athletes or not, (and regardless of school, of course) if they break the law, they deserve the punishment. But if they were just innocent bystanders, it is good to see that be recognized. And what's all this stuff Johnny Mopar is talking about Missouri??????

All of our players Texas lost played 4-5 years...nobody jumped ship on us!!! They were all GREAT athletes and will be hard to replace!!! The guy who was cleared wasnt ANYWHERE near the crime that happened (home invasion). It was actually another player (former) who was caught and fessed up. This same criminal was found earlier in the summer breaking into cars at a downtown hotel and was dissmissed from the team. He was a true freshman and never set foot on the football field.
The other players who were arrested will be suspended for the 1st three games.

See my reply to Tim in Post 46, Hornbreath. :D

Come on ,Tom!!! How many exciting games has OU been in in the last 3-4 years...last years OU bowl game was exciting!!!!Oh but wait they lost to a team that had "no chance" of winning!!! If I do remember correctly Texas had 2 EXTREMELY exciting Rose Bowl victories where there last was voted "most thrilling bowl game ever"!!!
We can talk ALL DAY about how "things USED to be"...if you like:p

Come on ,Tom!!! How many exciting games has OU been in in the last 3-4 years...last years OU bowl game was exciting!!!!Oh but wait they lost to a team that had "no chance" of winning!!! If I do remember correctly Texas had 2 EXTREMELY exciting Rose Bowl victories where there last was voted "most thrilling bowl game ever"!!!
We can talk ALL DAY about how "things USED to be"...if you like:p
No chance of winning? Geez, we were bigger underdogs to FSWho in 2000 when we won our 7th National Championship than Boise St. was to us in the 2007 Fiesta. So I guess in the exciting game arena, the 2007 Fiesta definitely counts (I hear someone's actually making a movie out of it, go figure), the 2001 Orange (when we played for the National Championship) we shut out the "vaunted" FSWho offensive powerhouse as a 13.5 point dog, the 2002 Cotton was pretty much a snooze-fest, the 2003 Rose was pretty cool since nobody wanted the Big 12 to "soil the steps of the Rose Bowl" (yes, that's a direct quote from Keith Jackson of ABC), the 2004 Sugar (where we again played for the National Championship) was a real gut-buster, the 2005 Holiday was average, and the 2006 Orange (where we once again played for the National Championship) was a day that I've erased from my memory.... what were we talking about again?

Get back to me when Saxet has actually played in all the important bowl games, perhaps by then you'll have enough ammunition to make a dent, at least.

So, anyway I guess what you're saying is, "Gee Tom, I really don't want to talk about Big XII Championships".

Heaven help me, I do love college football season!

No chance of winning? Geez, we were bigger underdogs to FSWho in 2000 when we won our 7th National Championship than Boise St. was to us in the 2007 Fiesta. So I guess in the exciting game arena, the 2007 Fiesta definitely counts (I hear someone's actually making a movie out of it, go figure), the 2001 Orange (when we played for the National Championship) we shut out the "vaunted" FSWho offensive powerhouse as a 13.5 point dog, the 2002 Cotton was pretty much a snooze-fest, the 2003 Rose was pretty cool since nobody wanted the Big 12 to "soil the steps of the Rose Bowl" (yes, that's a direct quote from Keith Jackson of ABC), the 2004 Sugar (where we again played for the National Championship) was a real gut-buster, the 2005 Holiday was average, and the 2006 Orange (where we once again played for the National Championship) was a day that I've erased from my memory.... what were we talking about again?

Get back to me when Saxet has actually played in all the important bowl games, perhaps by then you'll have enough ammunition to make a dent, at least.

So, anyway I guess what you're saying is, "Gee Tom, I really don't want to talk about Big XII Championships".

Heaven help me, I do love college football season!

It's all good, bro!!! I pull for OU in bowl games (lord, forgive me for my sins:p) and any other Big12 teams as well. The 2001 Orange was a great game and Huepel (? spelling) was IMO the best offensive player in the nation!!! One question...who is Saxet? Is he the new starting QB? (no wise crack, honestly dont know)
At least Texas has the winning record over OU in the "Red river shootout" 58-39-5!!!:cool: Lets hope Texas does'nt let OU add to that column!!!

One question...who is Saxet? Is he the new starting QB? (no wise crack, honestly dont know)
rofl... It's the Oklahoma spelling for the state in which you reside. It's commonly known amongst us OU folks that your state is somewhat bass-ackwards, get it?

:D

OU Football - 4 Big XII Championships

rofl... It's the Oklahoma spelling for the state in which you reside. It's commonly known amongst us OU folks that your state is somewhat bass-ackwards, get it?

:D

OU Football - 4 Big XII Championships

That's a pretty good one--I never saw that one coming. Here in Nebraska we have AK-SAR-BEN which is a fairly large celebration and a venue for horse racing and upper class celebrations. We Huskers are bass akwards enough to spell it backwards ourselves!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back