Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (2 Viewers)

i snapped this picture at Norwalk on Saturday....i didnt think selling this crap on the same rack was legal!!

you are so right :rolleyes:, they only have the most wins and best win % of all time. Good grief if the top all time school is are overrated then imagine how badly the rest of the teams are overrated.

Didn't you read my post last year describing in detail how Michigan padded their winning percentage against inferior opponents? During the Bo era, they played in a Conference that only had two other teams with winning percentages. The combined record of the Big 10 during Bo's tenure was 945-1104-47. And it was just as bad, if not worse before that era. That "most wins and best win % of all time" is a fraud, proven by the WolverQueens pathetic Bowl record.

You seem to let your love of Michigan blind you even more than the hatred blinds me.

I've never been to a game at the Big House, so I think I'll go see them play Appalachian State :rolleyes: this year.

Hey Mike ... That's only "half" crap. I'm looking forward to September 15. I'll be there when your team comes to town.

Didn't you read my post last year describing in detail how Michigan padded their winning percentage against inferior opponents? During the Bo era, they played in a Conference that only had two other teams with winning percentages. The combined record of the Big 10 during Bo's tenure was 945-1104-47. And it was just as bad, if not worse before that era. That "most wins and best win % of all time" is a fraud, proven by the WolverQueens pathetic Bowl record.

You seem to let your love of Michigan blind you even more than the hatred blinds me.

I've never been to a game at the Big House, so I think I'll go see them play Appalachian State :rolleyes: this year.

You are partially right, the Big Ten has had up and down years. Just like other conferences. In USC run the last few years has there been anyone else in the pac 10 worth anything? I take it then that the Buckeyes are over rated in your view then too as they played the same big ten teams that Michigan has.

Look through every big name school, each one of them pads there schedule. Although it could be argued that once you reach the elite level that just about anyone you play is beneath you. Norte Dame has whipped Army for 40 some years now and yet they are still on the schedule. The gators under Spurrier always had their 70-3 games against cream puffs. Yes when the previous opponent backed out Michigan added Appilachian state this year, I don't like that.

Look at the top 5 in the preason rankings and see all the creampuffs.
Idaho, Middle Tenn st, Arkansas st, TCU, Centrla Florida, Tulane and yes Applicacian state. Most teams have the decency to only add one of these games then maybe a second against a respectable mid major. Florida has gone all out with Troy, West Kentucky and Florida Athletic, Thats sick.

I here ya Terry!!! Hook em Horns and go CornHuskers!!!:cool: Big 12 North and South winners this year!!! I'm looking forward to our Big12 title game Terry!!! Wasnt there another big12 south team claiming to be#1?...OWho?:p
Any time you feel up to the task of comparing Big 12 Championships, let me know.

...In USC run the last few years has there been anyone else in the pac 10 worth anything?...
Depends on the refs. :mad:

I take it then that the Buckeyes are over rated in your view then too as they played the same big ten teams that Michigan has.

No, the Buckeyes aren't overrated. How could they be? They've been beating up Michigan for almost a decade now.

Long live Lloyd Carr!

Hey PJ, what did you think about the stuff Harbaugh said recently? I guess he won't be welcomed at any alumni functions from now on. :D

I was at a conference on the U of M Campus recently, and we were in the parking lot where the staff and players park. I could not believe the vehicles the players were getting into. Michigan must recruit only the wealthy black kids. They didn't drive those cars out of the ghetto. I didn't see any hoopties in that parking lot! (And no, I don't think Michigan is alone in being dirty. It's going on at all the major Universities.)

Well, I'm a Texas fan and they are way overranked in my opinion. They are decent but they are not a top 5 team in the nation. I bet they wind up in the teens somewhere this year.

And Texas A&M sure as hell aint the 25th best team in the nation. If they have the Ag's 25, Texas should be 1. I am one of the few who actually like both Texas and Texas A&M but the Aggie's suck harder than a $20 crack whore.

Last edited:
Well, I'm a Texas fan and they are way overranked in my opinion. They are decent but they are not a top 5 team in the nation. I bet they wind up in the teens somewhere this year.

And Texas A&M sure as hell aint the 25th best team in the nation. If they have the Ag's 25, Texas should be 1. I am one of the few who actually like both Texas and Texas A&M but the Aggie's suck harder than a $20 crack whore.
Hi Justin! I've become a Horns fan (when they aren't playing the Huskers) by osmosis through my buddy Tim. The Huskers check in at #19--I think that may be just a bit optimistic also unless everything comes together just right, no major injuries, no major jail time, etc. What do you think about the Huskers at #19?

No, the Buckeyes aren't overrated. How could they be? They've been beating up Michigan for almost a decade now.

Ohio State is 6 and 4 against Michigan in the last 10 years. Bo held the edge 5-4-1 against hayes. How about the John Cooper era? 2-10-1 against Michigan. I don't disagree that this is clearly Michigans down time against O.S.U. These have been dark days for Michigan fans in regards to the rivalry. However overall Michigan's record is 57-40-6 against Ohio State. I'll still take the "overrated" team from the north.

I will admit this. I AM looking forward to some new coaching philosophies in the future.

Last edited:
Hi Justin! I've become a Horns fan (when they aren't playing the Huskers) by osmosis through my buddy Tim. The Huskers check in at #19--I think that may be just a bit optimistic also unless everything comes together just right, no major injuries, no major jail time, etc. What do you think about the Huskers at #19?

Hey Terry. I like you, also think the Huskers are ranked a little too high. I think they will end up in the 20's somewhere. But like you said, if they dont have alot of injuries and can stay healthy, then who knows. I havent looked at there schedule but its definitely doable if its not to bad.

Long live Lloyd Carr!

Hey PJ, what did you think about the stuff Harbaugh said recently? I guess he won't be welcomed at any alumni functions from now on. :D

I was at a conference on the U of M Campus recently, and we were in the parking lot where the staff and players park. I could not believe the vehicles the players were getting into. Michigan must recruit only the wealthy black kids. They didn't drive those cars out of the ghetto. I didn't see any hoopties in that parking lot! (And no, I don't think Michigan is alone in being dirty. It's going on at all the major Universities.)

Ok So Michigans over rated, OSU is not but we have a winning career record against them as well as over the last 10 years ??????? Sure Coach T down there has paid for some very good players over the last few years but that ends this year.....I hope.

I would imagine that there is truth to what Harbaugh has said. I would also guess that it goes on at just about every major univeristy. The term student athlete doesn't really apply to most of these guys. They are there to play football first, ready themselves for the nfl if possible and of course make the school, conference and ncaa alot of money. If they happen to get a decent education out of it then its a bonus. I don't think it matters if its Michigan, Buckeyvile, Florida, Texas or any other major school.

Ok So Michigans over rated, OSU is not but we have a winning career record against them as well as over the last 10 years ??????? Sure Coach T down there has paid for some very good players over the last few years but that ends this year.....I hope.

I would imagine that there is truth to what Harbaugh has said. I would also guess that it goes on at just about every major univeristy. The term student athlete doesn't really apply to most of these guys. They are there to play football first, ready themselves for the nfl if possible and of course make the school, conference and ncaa alot of money. If they happen to get a decent education out of it then its a bonus. I don't think it matters if its Michigan, Buckeyvile, Florida, Texas or any other major school.

Good point PJ-one of my former students played for the Huskers a few years back as backup center--did the 5 year deal, got some playing time, and graduated with his BA and nearly finished his MA during his scholarship days. Interestingly enough he was the first to tell anyone after he was done that he got his degree in spite of the football program, not because of it! My Huskers are no different, no better and probably no worse than any major football program. By the way, I missed it--what did Harbaugh say??

Here we go!!! I love the college football threads!!!

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!:D

I couldn't agree more. It's hilarious how this thing branches off to the different rivalrys and debates. There seems to always be 2 or 3 "threads within a thread" going on.

Teri Teri Teri .... So intelligent and yet so misguided. (sigh) :p:D

Hey Dave....Do you still have that great mug from last year or did you give it to your friend????

Since the football thread started earlier this year than last I can't wait to see how many pages this one will be!!!!:D
And Dave....GO BUCKEYES!!!:p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back