Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

Another crazy weekend in college football.

Does Miles coach this weekend at LSU then jump to Michigan or is the move made before then?

This season is why there needs to be a college football playoff. Too many teams and snob unknowing sports writers decide who plays for the title.

Next to Missouri, Georgia is the best playing team right now but they wont see the title game.

Top 8 should make the playoffs. THe rest can still go play in bowl games everyone is happy.

Look at what the round 1 games would be as of now
mizzou vs usc
west Virginia vs lsu
Luckeyes vs va tech
Georgia vs Kansas

and of course if Oklahoma, BC or Tennessee wins this weekend those pairings would all be tossed out.

The bcs, the only championship system out there as bad as the cou....opps I mean the c word :)

A playoff is becoming more of a necessity with all this parity. If they started the Playoffs in December, they could still have the final game in the designated "Bowl" game. I totally agree with you. They really need to bring the College game into the 21st century.

I agree with you man...

The polls are crazy as always.... Now keep in mind I'm a die hard LSU fan...

I felt they were undeserving of the #1 ranking prior to Oregon's loss to Arizona, and slightly overrated, continually underachieving & narrowly escaping with a victory week after week...

Having said that, Virginia Tech is ranked ahead of LSU in the latest BCS poll... LSU's 2 losses were in 3OT games... LSU beat Virginia Tech, head to head, 41-7 ????

No one will be able to explain that one to me...

A playoff is becoming more of a necessity with all this parity. If they started the Playoffs in December, they could still have the final game in the designated "Bowl" game. I totally agree with you. They really need to bring the College game into the 21st century.

They really do 120 some d1 teams and people sit around and try to figure out who on paper is the best 2.

They cpould still have their bowl games. Heck the semi finals could rotate between rose, orange, fiesta or whatever bowl and the nationals championship game be a week later at whatever bowl.

The bs about them being college athletes and that they need to study is bogus since all the other divisions seem to be able to fit school and football in. Plus I believe every other college sport has a championship on some sort where the teams (or or indivuals) actually play each other.

Brian I feel your pain on lsu being below Va tech. Michigan beat Illinois and is now below them, Oklahoma beat Missouri but is below them. It's all about when you lose.

Its funny I always thought the Big ten messed up by ending their season 2 weeks before everyone else. Last year Michigan fell from #2 because Florida had 2 more weeks for people to see them and vote them ahead. (ok so it ended up being the right decision) Now the Buckeyes may be able to back into the championship game because they ended early.

Hawaii anyone????? the only undefeated team in the land, and there win over Boise St is better than any victory Ohio St or Kansas has....did last years Fiesta Bowl teach us nothing?? you can't overlook these undefeated mid-majors in this time of parity

I agree with you man...

The polls are crazy as always.... Now keep in mind I'm a die hard LSU fan...

I felt they were undeserving of the #1 ranking prior to Oregon's loss to Arizona, and slightly overrated, continually underachieving & narrowly escaping with a victory week after week...

Having said that, Virginia Tech is ranked ahead of LSU in the latest BCS poll... LSU's 2 losses were in 3OT games... LSU beat Virginia Tech, head to head, 41-7 ????

No one will be able to explain that one to me...
Brian, OU's in the same boat with Mizzou. In our case Mizzou only has one loss, to OU, but is BCS #1. OU has 2 losses, both away and one without our stud QB, and are BCS #9. Talk about getting the short end of the stick... 4 teams in front of us lose, yet we only move up one spot and even get jumped by another team. A case could be made (not by me) that OU should be the top of the 2 loss teams.

How about this possibility? It's entirely possible that if we beat Mizzou in the Big 12 Champ game Saturday they could still end up being ranked ahead of us despite us beating them twice!

LSU losing at home really hurt y'all, especially coming at the end of the season.

Hawaii anyone????? the only undefeated team in the land, and there win over Boise St is better than any victory Ohio St or Kansas has....did last years Fiesta Bowl teach us nothing?? you can't overlook these undefeated mid-majors in this time of parity

OH I agree. TO be honest I would love to see a 16 team playoff system. Other teams can still play in bowl that way everybody is happy.

My only reason for wanting 16 is for teams like Hawaii and Boise st would have a chance to make it. I don't believe we need to see the 4th place sec team in there or a 3rd pac ten or whatever. But if allowing them makes it possible to get these mid majors in then I'd be all for it.

Taking the earlier matchups a step further a round 1 16 team playoff would look like this

mizzou vs clemson
west viginia vs Illinois
ohio st vs tenn
georgia vs az st
kansas vs hawaii (how sweet of a game would this be. first one to 80 wins)
bc vs va tech
lsu vs florida
usc vs oklahoma

Dave, I know what you mean, I had to read it twice just to make sure my eyes weren't lieing to me lol. Hey how'd the hunt go?

Dave, I know what you mean, I had to read it twice just to make sure my eyes weren't lieing to me lol. Hey how'd the hunt go?

I was an hour noth of Escanaba. The "trip" was great!! Had a blast with my uncle and cousins. The "hunt" was unseccessful but again a great trip. Did some bow hunting but nothing within shooting range. Never saw a turkey and only a few partridge. Opening day I saw a small 6 but too many birch trees in the way. All seemed to shut down after that.

How did you do?

I was an hour noth of Escanaba. The "trip" was great!! Had a blast with my uncle and cousins. The "hunt" was unseccessful but again a great trip. Did some bow hunting but nothing within shooting range. Never saw a turkey and only a few partridge. Opening day I saw a small 6 but too many birch trees in the way. All seemed to shut down after that.

How did you do?

i saw some wild turkey over thanksgiving.....but it was all in liquid form :D :p:p

i saw some wild turkey over thanksgiving.....but it was all in liquid form :D :p:p

all this drinking talk, we may need to have a mater intervention for you soon :D

Dave same here had a blast but didn't get anything. Saw some but never close enough to get a shot off. We usually hunt up in the UP also but this year we were offered some farm land south of grand rapids and thought we'd give it a try. Just my father in law and I this time but we had fun

Does Miles coach this weekend at LSU then jump to Michigan or is the move made before then?

I am hearing Miles has dropped to number 3 on Michigans list.

Supposedly they have already offered the job to Ferentz. If he doesn't accept, they will go after Brian Kelly. If they don't get him, then they go to Miles. Don't shoot the messenger, just what I heard.

I have also heard that Nebraska and get this, NOTRE DAME have done background checks on Kelly. :eek:

I'm not big on Farentz. He whad a good year or two at Iowa but has been basically 500 since then.

Kelly in intriguing. He has won. Just not sure that he's stayed at a d1 program long enough to see if he can recruit of if he just does well with other people's recruits. He won several titles with grand Valley st (either d2 or 3 I'm not sure) Moved to Central Michigan and turned them around very quickly in his couple year stay.

Cinci is doing well buts its his first year and they were an 8 win team last year so not sure if its all him or not.

Still I'd be shocked if Miles isn't the choice, especially with LSU loss this weekend

Hey Terry! You guys up in Husker Nation must feel a HUGE sigh of relief knowing you will begin next season with someone other than Callahan! Do you prefer anybody in particular to fill the void?
Well, we are hearing some talk about Bo Pelini, and that would be just fine with me. We are also hearing talk about the return of Turner Gill--that would NOT be fine with me....we have Osborne as a figurehead AD right now--that's enough of a journey down memory lane--the worst thing that could happen to us right now is try to return to the glory days using the same setups we used then--all option, no passing. That won't sell in this day and age, so I'm hoping no Turner Gill and that Pelini wants a chance to come in, turn the program around, and be a God in the state of Nebraska!

Against the Huskers, right? Associate sponsor will have to be Captain Morgan!

you guys would kill us.....even though you went 5-6, you have no trouble scoring point, and we can't stop anybody!!!

and as bad as your defense may have been, we couldn't even get it in the endzone against Navy and they're not even allowed to recruit players!!!! :eek:

you guys would kill us.....even though you went 5-6, you have no trouble scoring point, and we can't stop anybody!!!

and as bad as your defense may have been, we couldn't even get it in the endzone against Navy and they're not even allowed to recruit players!!!! :eek:
After the Colorado debacle, I'm not so sure we would even beat you guys! Oh, well, my chi-town buddy, guess we will have to just sit on the sidelines, watch the other teams, and fall back on the age old chant of the losers--"just wait till next year!" Is the ND coach gonna be back next year? I hear Callahan is available....

Terry I watched much of that Nebraska came. And yes I was even cheering for them to win. Although once I realized that I was actually cheering for them I felt a little dirty, right about then is when the first int happened and it was all down hill from there. Maybe its kile those cartoon characters who run off a cliff but don't fall until they look down and realize that there is no ground below them. Maybe if I had just kept believing:D

Well, thanks for the good thoughts anyway, PJ--I really wanted us to beat colo mainly cause not having the Huskers in a bowl game really takes the excitement out of it for me. Who woulda thunk after the first two games of the season that the wounded wolverines would be bowl bound and the Huskers would be staying home?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back