Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

I'm back! GREAT vacation but unseccessful hunt. :rolleyes:

First and foremost ... Congratulations Teri. Your team once again was the better team. I didn't see the game but I was able to listen to it on the radio. I sure missed the pre-game hype and trash talk. I didn't even get a bet placed with my buddy. Thank goodness! :D Congrats again Teri! GOSH I HATE OHIO STATE!!!

Hey Vaughn this must be a sad day you. ;) :D It sounds like this is the morning that Carr will retire. I'm not a Carr fan myself and I can't wait to see what direction they go. Hopefully all the Les Miles talk is more than speculation. We'll have to wait until January to find out.

Anyway I have to run. I have PILES of work on my desk to sort through. I'll catch up with everyone later.

crap I stumbled out of the woods for that.

it was actually easier to take in past years as the buckeyes were just the better team. But not this year, To many blue injuries sank them. With Henne's arm they were too one dimensional. That rb of there's is stout though.

Bummer that coach carr is retiring today. I hope he sticks around for the bowl game. It's be nice to go out with a win for him.

The guy has won a national championship and 5 big ten title but sadly the recent bowl games and buckeye losses are what will stick for awhile. Hopefully Les Miles comes home to Ann Arbor

crap I stumbled out of the woods for that.

it was actually easier to take in past years as the buckeyes were just the better team. But not this year, To many blue injuries sank them. With Henne's arm they were too one dimensional. That rb of there's is stout though.

Bummer that coach carr is retiring today. I hope he sticks around for the bowl game. It's be nice to go out with a win for him.

The guy has won a national championship and 5 big ten title but sadly the recent bowl games and buckeye losses are what will stick for awhile. Hopefully Les Miles comes home to Ann Arbor

I agree with you PJ about the injuries. I can only wonder "what if" ... Henne was 100% .... If Hart was 100% ... If manningham could hold onto a ball.

I said I'm not a fan of Carrs. However I'm not going to rip the guy eaither. Yes absolutely he has done a lot for the program. I just feel that the time has come to step down. As a coach of Michigan you have to be able to beat Ohio State 1st. He can't do that anymore. You have to win your bowl games. He can't do that. He did win a N.C. but the philosophy of todays game is "What have you done for me lately"? I don't think Carr has that killer attitude that is needed to be an elite team for todays style of college football. He lets too many teams off the carpet. I want a coach that will keep his foot on their throat (Ohio States!) until the final whistle. I would like to see himwin his final bowl game.

nope he's not going to coach anywhere else Terry. He's hanging em up for good.

Press conf starts in 10 minutes I better find the audiocast somewhere

It has been a hot topic for the past several years here. As the season wind downs the last 2 or 3 seasons this has always come up. Many expected that if they had beat osu last year that he would have called it quits then.

Not really a surprise but it is the end of a great era. Hopefully Miles comes so that the Bo tree lives on

Carr's deal was restructured last year to make leaving easier, but this season accelerated the process I believe...

Miles has a "no Michigan" clause in his contract with LSU that will cost him 1.25 mil if he leaves, but I'm sure Michigan will gladly pay that if they really want him...

By the way, you can have him.

yeah Miles does have a no michigan clause but we just paid West Virginia a ton to get their bball coach. Football is even more important here I'm sure they would pay that to get Miles.

There are other names on the list supposedly. I bet the powers to be at Michigan are hoping for a quick lsu loss. Once/If they are out of the title hunt then Miles would be willing to jump ship.

Supposedly Carr even talked to Bo towards the end of last year that he was only going to do one more year.

I am going to miss his interviews with sideline reporters at half time. They ask some of the stupidest questions and he always let them know it. I love that!!!!

actually he started out with a pretty good bowl record. Last few years he's run into texas and usc which seem to have beaten everyone over the past couple of years.

Of course it could be a better record But look at all of the other top teams over the last 10, 20, 30 years. All have gone through a bad stretch, missed bowl games, even had a scandal. Michigan has not, sure there have been too many 4 lose seasons but we haven't suffered the lows that others have.

I hear today that Carr may be asked to help in the coaching search & that Miles & Carr never really saw eye to eye... Don't know if there is anything to that.

There was a recruit a few years ago that was leaning Michigan over lsu. Supposedly Miles told him that Carr had health issues and wouldn't be there. The kid ended up going to lsu, that of course po'd Carr.

The recruiting trail is a nasty one so I would think stuff like that happens all the time

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back