Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

I know for some of you the college football season may be over....But not in Cajun country....two more SEC games to go.......
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

071120002.jpg

Just hurry up and lose this weekend lsu that way Miles can make the jump otherwise and long as they stay in the hunt he'll try to keep them both hanging

All have gone through a bad stretch, missed bowl games, even had a scandal. Michigan has not

Dude, get your head out of the sand. Michigan has had as many, if not more, arrests than any College program out there.

I'm hearing the current Offensive Coordinator has the inside track right now.....

Michigan cannot afford to hire a Coach that is going to bail in a few years. They have to have someone that is in it for the long haul. Michigan realizes it will likely be a top 5 recruiter like it has every other year, and can continue to compete for lowly Big 11 Championships based on that talent level. The University of Michigan understands its fans are fine with Big 11 Championships and trips to the Rose Bowl, and won't expect anything more. Their low expectations will allow Michigan to continue the tradition of hiring mediocre Coaches like Carr and Schembechler. WolverQueen fan will in turn annoint them as God's in the State of Michigan. Heck, they don't even have to win Rose Bowls. Just get them there. That's good enough....

Just curious. I know the NU Colorado game doesn't have much national impact at all (if any) but it is kinda a big deal in Huskerland because we have to beat Colo to become bowl eligible (a real statement on this year's season, huh?). So my fellow football thread Maters (and Big 12 rival and buddy, Tom Burgess), how's it gonna come out? Will we manage to beat Colo and get to a bowl, or will or "defense" cause us to fall to another offensive holocaust?

Dude, get your head out of the sand. Michigan has had as many, if not more, arrests than any College program out there.

I'm hearing the current Offensive Coordinator has the inside track right now.....

Michigan cannot afford to hire a Coach that is going to bail in a few years. They have to have someone that is in it for the long haul. Michigan realizes it will likely be a top 5 recruiter like it has every other year, and can continue to compete for lowly Big 11 Championships based on that talent level. The University of Michigan understands its fans are fine with Big 11 Championships and trips to the Rose Bowl, and won't expect anything more. Their low expectations will allow Michigan to continue the tradition of hiring mediocre Coaches like Carr and Schembechler. WolverQueen fan will in turn annoint them as God's in the State of Michigan. Heck, they don't even have to win Rose Bowls. Just get them there. That's good enough....

Ya know I generally don't even bother responding since you just love being the biggest ass on the boards?? But what they hell its the holiday season so I'll play for you.

Never said no arrest, sadly every program has them. Michigan would not have the most, apparently you've never heard of the University of Miami. Regardless I was talking about recruiting scandals and such. Like what hit the basketball program and many other big time programs.

Nothing wrong with the big ten champ or any other conference champs for that matter. Yes there are years when a conf may be weaker and winning not the challenge that it would be in other years. As for national champioships, get real while the bcs is still there there is no national champiosnhip. How is Kansas and Hawaii undeafeated yet ranked below a team with one loss? There will likely be 2 one loss teams in the title game this year what makes them better than other one loss teams?

Of course with that said yeah I'd love to have Michigan in that mix. Injuries and some horrible play stopped that from happening this year.

I will agree that they do not need to hire a coach who is looking for a quick run.

Bo Mediocre??....if your anti wolverine rants had any chance at
any credibilty it lost it right there. Don't let your hate blind you so badly.

Carr I suppose that will be the great debate. Not a great coach but better than avg. National Championsip, 5 conf titles, oh and he even posted a winning record over the ever praised SEC. His bowl and osu record fell apart the past few years.

and this need to also call people wolverqueen fans...hmmmm suppose Freud would have a field day with that one.

alright go ahead and fire away. Christmas is coming soon maybe I'll grant you a response around then:p

Just curious. I know the NU Colorado game doesn't have much national impact at all (if any) but it is kinda a big deal in Huskerland because we have to beat Colo to become bowl eligible (a real statement on this year's season, huh?). So my fellow football thread Maters (and Big 12 rival and buddy, Tom Burgess), how's it gonna come out? Will we manage to beat Colo and get to a bowl, or will or "defense" cause us to fall to another offensive holocaust?

Terry, that game's so wide open I wouldn't bet on it with Texas Tim's money.

:D

Ya know I generally don't even bother responding since you just love being the biggest ass on the boards?? But what they hell its the holiday season so I'll play for you.

Biggest ass on the boards? I don't think so. Now my feelings are hurt.

Never said no arrest, sadly every program has them. Michigan would not have the most, apparently you've never heard of the University of Miami.

I bet Michigan has had more arrests than Miami.

Nothing wrong with the big ten champ or any other conference champs for that matter. Yes there are years when a conf may be weaker and winning not the challenge that it would be in other years. As for national champioships, get real while the bcs is still there there is no national champiosnhip. How is Kansas and Hawaii undeafeated yet ranked below a team with one loss? There will likely be 2 one loss teams in the title game this year what makes them better than other one loss teams?

Well, at least you don't have to worry about Michigan getting screwed by the BCS. They can't seem to muster up only 1 loss in a season.

Of course with that said yeah I'd love to have Michigan in that mix. Injuries and some horrible play stopped that from happening this year.

And what about the year before that? And the year before that? And the year....

Bo Mediocre??....if your anti wolverine rants had any chance at
any credibilty it lost it right there. Don't let your hate blind you so badly.

No. Your acceptance of mediocrity has blinded you. I already posted Bo's stats against a Conference that had only two winning programs during his tenure. He padded his record against inferiority. He had a horrific Bowl record. He won ZERO National Championships. Sorry, my opinion has nothing to do with my hate of Michigan. I am a realist. The facts speak for themselves.

Carr I suppose that will be the great debate. Not a great coach but better than avg. National Championsip, 5 conf titles, oh and he even posted a winning record over the ever praised SEC. His bowl and osu record fell apart the past few years.

Better than Bo.

and this need to also call people wolverqueen fans...hmmmm suppose Freud would have a field day with that one.

Freud? Or did you mean FRAUD? :D

alright go ahead and fire away. Christmas is coming soon maybe I'll grant you a response around then:p

My feelings are still hurt. I hope you are happy.

My Texas didnt even show up to play until 4mins left in the game against Texas A&M:mad: We go from possible BCS bid if we win to Alamo Bowl.:mad: I was at a UT clothing store earlier and they were playing Texas' Rose Bowl win over USC on the big screen and it REALLY made me miss Vince Young.

Buh bye, Throat Slasher... and good riddance. Nebraska deserves a coach with class and you aren't him!

Sad day in Cajun Country today...and even a worse night last night! :( Looks like Tennessee vs LSU in the SEC championship......my heart's not in it right now......maybe by next week! :D

LSU had been living on the edge for weeks, it was bound to happen... Especially with McFadden in the backfield.

Unbelievably, Ohio State might sit back & watch themselves get pushed right back into the championship game...

first half Missiouri over the Jayhawks 14-0, Ohio State might get thier chance, we'll just have to wait and see.

My Texas didnt even show up to play until 4mins left in the game against Texas A&M:mad: We go from possible BCS bid if we win to Alamo Bowl.:mad: I was at a UT clothing store earlier and they were playing Texas' Rose Bowl win over USC on the big screen and it REALLY made me miss Vince Young.
Well, Tim, at least you have a bowl game of some sort to look forward to. We in Husker land can't even say that....Go Horns!

Well, Tim, at least you have a bowl game of some sort to look forward to. We in Husker land can't even say that....Go Horns!

Hey Terry! You guys up in Husker Nation must feel a HUGE sigh of relief knowing you will begin next season with someone other than Callahan! Do you prefer anybody in particular to fill the void?

Another crazy weekend in college football.

Does Miles coach this weekend at LSU then jump to Michigan or is the move made before then?

This season is why there needs to be a college football playoff. Too many teams and snob unknowing sports writers decide who plays for the title.

Next to Missouri, Georgia is the best playing team right now but they wont see the title game.

Top 8 should make the playoffs. THe rest can still go play in bowl games everyone is happy.

Look at what the round 1 games would be as of now
mizzou vs usc
west Virginia vs lsu
Luckeyes vs va tech
Georgia vs Kansas

and of course if Oklahoma, BC or Tennessee wins this weekend those pairings would all be tossed out.

The bcs, the only championship system out there as bad as the cou....opps I mean the c word :)

mercifully this season is over.....i'll be looking forward to the Golden Domers playing in the X-Lax "You're team plays like sh!t' Bowl :( :eek: :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back