Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Well Michigan losing sucked but was expected. Badgers play tough at home and we've been playing with Fire with Hart and Henne as banged up as they were. Still the late comeback to get within 2 points by the rookie qb was nice. Of course the stupid int into quadrulple coverage sucked.

The nice thing was that my 2nd favorite college team won. Oh who's that you ask. Well its whoever is playing the buckeyes :)

GO BLUE

I couldn't beleieve it. Flipping through the channles I ended way up on vs (didn't even know they carried football) and did about a triple take when I saw the score. I joked then that they were just pissed at the entire state of kansas after last week and were just venting their frustrations.

Nice to bounce back from that kinda whipping by doing the same. So who's the next coach going to be there?

I couldn't beleieve it. Flipping through the channles I ended way up on vs (didn't even know they carried football) and did about a triple take when I saw the score. I joked then that they were just pissed at the entire state of kansas after last week and were just venting their frustrations.

Nice to bounce back from that kinda whipping by doing the same. So who's the next coach going to be there?
Now I am jealous--vs isn't included on my Dish package, so I was listening to it on the radio and had to check several times to make sure I was on the right station! About all anyone knows for sure about the coach situation is that it will not be Callahan. Names that are popping up are the coach from Navy, (hey, the beat ND--sorry Mike), the wyoming coach, Bo Pelini who has allegedly made two trips to Lincoln recently, and Turner Gill (who I am dead set against as I am afraid with TO back as AD, that Gill would simply be a TO puppet--we need change, but not completely back to the option only) I am a bit of a rarity here in huskerland--I'm not a dyed in the wool Osborne fan. It's gonna be interesting for sure. It would be cool if we could beat the Buffalos and get us eligible to play in something like the Sani-Flush bowl in Rawlins Wyoming or something...
How bout your coach, Mr. Carr? Will he be able to weather the storm? Maybe he should come to Husker land!

Carr will be back if he wants too.

With the season starting the way it did he could have easily lost the team and nose dived this season. There's no no team fighting, they banded together and went on a good winning streak, despite numerous injuries/ I actually like Carr. I do think he could update some of his systems a bit but expectations are so high here that losses are brutal.

Of course he must be that team from the statre slightly south of here this weekend. I will be in the woods though so I will probably miss the game, not sure if thats good or bad though lol. I know the buckeye's are not as good as some thought, but Michigan and holes and injuries. With Mallet is still in for this weekend we are in trouble.

On a side note, people blame Teri's job for her lack of support on this thread. I say that she knows that the luckeyes were just pretenders and couldn't stand to be here knowing that they are frauds (ok if that doesn't get her back nothing will ;) )

On a side note, people blame Teri's job for her lack of support on this thread. I say that she knows that the luckeyes were just pretenders and couldn't stand to be here knowing that they are frauds (ok if that doesn't get her back nothing will ;) )

Oh PJ..........We'll see who's laughing Saturday......(hint: ME) & who's crying Saturday......(hint: YOU)!!!!!!

OHIO STATE OVER MICHIGAN

Hey.........We never did bet, did we????:rolleyes:

well there's our little buckeye babe finally coming out of hiding.

Sure whats the bet.

Man, I don't believe this! Ohio State and Michigan this weekend and this thread is doing nothing. Dave's out in the woods, Teri's barred from Nitromater at work, and PJ has a chance to monopolize, but nothing is happening. I'd be doing more Husker talking if we didn't suck so bad!

limited trash talking due to nervousness about the game...just don't let teri know that

limited trash talking due to nervousness about the game...just don't let teri know that
Gotcha, PJ---;) How do you think the somewhat revitalized Huskers will do against the Buffalos? All or nothin for us--beat Colo--be bowl eligible, and somebody will take us, not necessarily because we deserve to be there, but because 75% of the population goes to wherever the bowl game is.

well one the bowl projections on espn they have the huskers going to the PetroSun Independence bowl and playing Arkansas. 6-6 makes you bowl eligible but it doesn not guarantee a bowl game. By rule bowls can not take a 6-6 team over a 7-5 team

well one the bowl projections on espn they have the huskers going to the PetroSun Independence bowl and playing Arkansas. 6-6 makes you bowl eligible but it doesn not guarantee a bowl game. By rule bowls can not take a 6-6 team over a 7-5 team
And shucks, we only have 5 wins right now and have to beat Colo to even be eligible....and I'm a little nervous about that one--we have a tendency to try to play Colorado with both hands around our necks....

I am a KU fan, and this is the miracle year for us. 10-0? Beat Nebraska 76-39? The stars are aligning right or something.

Man.

I am a KU fan, and this is the miracle year for us. 10-0? Beat Nebraska 76-39? The stars are aligning right or something.

Man.

This really has been a great year for y'all and it's been fun to watch. Here's hoping you win out, OU wins out, and we'll seeya in San Antonio!

Man.
Jeremy, congrats from Huskerland on a fine season and a great Jayhawk team-I have watched most of the KU games (since the huskers' dismal season precludes tv unless we are playing a good team) and have been very, very impressed with the methodical, workman like way the team quietly rolls up at least 40 points each game. The Jayhawks are extremely well balanced, and it's just too bad that they didn't get the recognition they deserved for most of the season. It's great for KU to be in contention this year, and each week I keep wondering how the polls can justify keeping an undefeated team ranked below one loss teams. Well, best wishes for the rest of the season, and if you have time, think some good thoughts for my woebegon Huskers to sneak by Colorado so we can get to some bowl and I can continue to play on this thread after the regular season is over.
I have no idea what the rock shock Jayhawk (or whatever it is) means, but if it's good, I'll be sayin it for you guys!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back