Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Thanksfully we have an open date to kinda heal up after 3 tuff weeks of football. The "SABAN" bowl in next on the list!!!

071022002.jpg

Tim, if you're out there, the Horns Huskers contest is coming up this weekend in Austin of all places. I don't hold out much hope for us unless we can fix some major woes fast, but from time to time in the past we have risen up from the mire of mediocrity and scared some awfully good opponents. But even I have to admit we are WAAAAY deep in the mire of mediocrity right now--hope we can at least give a good accounting of ourselves against the Horns--if comparative OSU (sorry, Teri with an I) Okie State scores mean anything, the spread should be about 100 points! Best of luck to the Horns and may the best team (on that particular day, of course) win! At least since we are playing Texas I get to watch the game on tv!

Thanks so much Mike! I really appreciate that, and best of luck to the Golden Domers this weekend. Unfortunately, I think we inhabit the same purgatory this season! See ya down there! Bottoms up!

Last edited:
Well Terry, here we are again back to our Horns-Huskers matchup this week!!! Good luck to your CornHuskers...as you know this is the only week where I cant be an "Honorary CornHusker fan"!!!
Did you see where the Longhorns were the first team since 1997 to sweep the CornHusker Volleyball team in 3 games straight? With all our "firepower" back in the lineup Texas and Nebraska appear to be the top 2 teams in the nation!!!
Hook em Horns!!!

great come from behind win by bc last night. That td pass was impressive by Ryan. Falling back an the opposite way, feet off the ground and he chucks it 20+ yars down field and probably 15 ft across it. helluva throw

Ya know what sucks about being an anti buckeye fan? I can't decide if I want to root for penn state to beat them this weekend or if I'd rather save that joy and have michigan be their only loss in a few weeks:D

hey teri I heard that

Ya know what sucks about being an anti buckeye fan? I can't decide if I want to root for penn state to beat them this weekend or if I'd rather save that joy and have michigan be their only loss in a few weeks:D

hey teri I heard that

I was thinking that exact same thing PJ. I'm pulling for a Penn State loss. I will NEVER pull for an osu victory. However I want them undefeated and number 1 when they come up for the "The game". 1969 reborn .... osu coming to Ann Arbor a 17 point favorite and headed for a National Championship. Michigan not given a chance .... ohio state left a 12 point point loser.

I'm supposed to leave for the U.P. Friday the 16th for an 8 day hunting trip. If both teams run the table and come into that game tied for 1st in the Big Ten then I'm delaying my trip until Sunday. No way I'll miss that!!

GO BLUE!!!

Last edited:
Tim and Terry enjoy your game this weekend. Terry I'm afraid you're going to need a little extra support this weekend so.... Go Huskers!! Sorry about that Tim I'm just trying to help Terry out. It's been a baaad year for the shuckers.

Terry and Mike I have to address something that concerns me as a friend. You guys keep searching for answers in the bottom of that Captain Morgan bottle. I'm sorry my friends but that is never the answer. JACK DANIELS is what got me through my Michigan fiasco!! :eek: Dump that Captain crap! :p Cheers!!

Go Jack!!

I was thinking that exact same thing PJ. I'm pulling for a Penn State loss. I will NEVER pull for an osu victory. However I want them undefeated and number 1 when they come up for the "The game". 1969 reborn .... osu coming to Ann Arbor a 17 point favorite and headed for a National Championship. Michigan not given a chance .... ohio state left a 12 point point loser.

I'm supposed to leave for the U.P. Friday the 16th for an 8 day hunting trip. If both teams run the table and come into that game tied for 1st in the Big Ten then I'm delaying my trip until Sunday. No way I'll miss that!!

GO BLUE!!!

where do you head in the U.P.? I normally hunt near Paradise right netween the upper and lower falls. This year I've been offered farm land over on the west side of the state so I'm heading there instead.

great come from behind win by bc last night. That td pass was impressive by Ryan. Falling back an the opposite way, feet off the ground and he chucks it 20+ yars down field and probably 15 ft across it. helluva throw
Equally unimpressive was Va Tech's ability to give the game away in the last 4 minutes thanks to the "prevent" defense. They'd kept BC stymied for 55 1/2 minutes, then managed to let them score on a 92 yard drive, muff an onside kick recovery, then allowed them to motor down the field on another 60 yard scoring drive. Props to BC and especially to Ryan for the execution and for getting it done, but without the assistance of VT and a severe lack of holding calls, they'd have lost, just like they should have. Sickening.

I never do understand the prevent. You stop a team all night but when it counts you lay off so that you don't allow the home run ball. All this does is allow a good team to finally get off the mat.

where do you head in the U.P.? I normally hunt near Paradise right netween the upper and lower falls. This year I've been offered farm land over on the west side of the state so I'm heading there instead.

My uncle has 80 acres about an hour northwest of Escanaba on 69. His camp is 7 miles off of 69 on a glorified two track called County line rd. I drew a turkey permit for up there. Along with turkey hunting I'll bow hunt until rifle opens up that Thursday. I'll also grouse hunt during the afternoons. The grouse population is on the "up" side of the population cycles. It's my vacation every year.

I never do understand the prevent. You stop a team all night but when it counts you lay off so that you don't allow the home run ball. All this does is allow a good team to finally get off the mat.

Excellent way to explain it. You rush 3 guys (generally speaking) and give the QB all day to pick your zone apart. It's comes down to weather or not you can stop them in your red zone because they ARE going to get there.

Well Terry, here we are again back to our Horns-Huskers matchup this week!!! Good luck to your CornHuskers...as you know this is the only week where I cant be an "Honorary CornHusker fan"!!!
Did you see where the Longhorns were the first team since 1997 to sweep the CornHusker Volleyball team in 3 games straight? With all our "firepower" back in the lineup Texas and Nebraska appear to be the top 2 teams in the nation!!!
Hook em Horns!!!
I certainly understand your inability to function as an Honorary Husker this weekend--I am forced to relinquish my honorary Horn status for the week also! I just hope we can fix the woes enough to give you guys a good game--Mike is supporting me in my time of woe with the Capt. Morgan cure, and Dave Major says he has a better cure, which I may have to try out during (and probably after) the game. The Horns VB team looked awesome against the Huskers--both are great teams but the Horns sure got the best of us that time--but Destiny Hooker is some kinda hitter!!! At least since the Huskers are playing a good team this weekend I get to watch it on tv! (which could kinda turn out to be a mixed blessing....) Good Luck and let the games begin my Longhorn friend!

Tim and Terry enjoy your game this weekend. Terry I'm afraid you're going to need a little extra support this weekend so.... Go Huskers!! Sorry about that Tim I'm just trying to help Terry out. It's been a baaad year for the shuckers.

Terry and Mike I have to address something that concerns me as a friend. You guys keep searching for answers in the bottom of that Captain Morgan bottle. I'm sorry my friends but that is never the answer. JACK DANIELS is what got me through my Michigan fiasco!! :eek: Dump that Captain crap! :p Cheers!!

Go Jack!!

Boy, Dave, I think you are right about us needing a little extra support this weekend--thanks for the good thoughts, I'm sure Tim will understand. And if the Morgan doesn't do it, I'll have some JD in reserve just in case!

Terry and Mike I have to address something that concerns me as a friend. You guys keep searching for answers in the bottom of that Captain Morgan bottle. I'm sorry my friends but that is never the answer. JACK DANIELS is what got me through my Michigan fiasco!! Dump that Captain crap! :p Cheers!!

Go Jack!!

yea lets switch to Jack, cuz then i won't care about the game at all, i'll be too busy ralphin my guts out :eek:

as PS....you got do your hunting for wild turkeys....me and the captain are goin hunting for wild women :p:p

Last edited:
yea lets switch to Jack, cuz then i won't care about the game at all, i'll be too busy ralphin my guts out :eek:

as PS....you got do your hunting for wild turkeys....me and the captain are goin hunting for wild women :p:p

Mike I'll leave the hunting "wild women" to you younger guys. I lean more towards the older "slower" ones now myself! :D

Terry how is the pheasant hunting out your way??

If anybody is into hunting squirrel, I have 2 in my attic that are a very easy shot!!!:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back