Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Well for my Tigers every game will be a big game! Auburn will be a dangerous opponite.... But I believe in my Tigers!!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

071018002.jpg

I really think he lost track of the clock! In the post game interview he was like no big deal we had 16 seconds left........He had the "6" part right!!!!

you're right on Gary....it was pretty funny....after the clock got to like 8 or 9 seconds i actually got up to make myself another captain and coke (still looking Terry ;)) figuring here comes the time out and then i hear "and there's the snap, he's lookin for the endzone" and i sprinted back to the TV goin "what the hell are they doing?!?!"

I think what The Hat meant was that there was 16 when he sent the play in. The catch was made with 4 seconds on the clock but didn't stop until 1 second showed, which really was operator error. The QB could've easily called a timeout with the zebra right next to him. The clock would've stopped on the incompletion anyway.

Regardless, it was one hell of a play no matter how you look at it.

.......... The QB could've easily called a timeout with the zebra right next to him. The clock would've stopped on the incompletion anyway.

Would the clock have stopped with an incompletion???? I thought it keep running!!!!! Although I get my Pro rules and college rules all mixed up!!!

Mike, more Capt. Morgan, please! The only good thing about the Husker game against A&M was there was no way to see it--only had to listen to the rout--man we suck! And looking at the rest of our schedule--Texas next week AT AUSTIN! (oh my), Kansas, K State, and Colorado--barring the earth opening up and swallowing one of those opponents completely at half time, I'm afraid to say I don't see many opportunities for another win this year. As Alton Brown would say, Oh, bother!

In college the clock stops on an incomplete pass, pros too I believe.

That's what had me confused the announcers were saying that if it had been an incompletion the clock would have continued to run and hence time could have very possibly run out:confused: I gotta admit it didn't make sense to me but I really don't know all the nuances to college football rules!

Man I couldn't tell if that was bad clock management of a genius play. Something tells me they didn't mean to cut it quite that close. Great play.

Good to see Michigan get another win in their recovery season, especially against a mobile qb, with our star rb out and the qb kept leaving with injuries. Way to stay focussed and get the win on the road. They still need to improve and will have 3 tough test with Michigan State and Wisconsin on the road as well as the Gophers at home.

the overtime rule is different too.

In the pro's its sudden death. The bummer is whoever wins the coin toss generally wins the game then as they only need to get close enough for a field goal.

In college both teams get the ball an equal number of times. Ball start on the 25yr line. You either get a first down to keep going, score a field goal, a td or fail to score. Once done the other team gets the ball on the 25 and they have to either beat what you did to win or match it to force another overtime. It gets very exciting. I wish the nfl would go to a similar system. Just move them back 10 yrds to start

I think what The Hat meant was that there was 16 when he sent the play in. The catch was made with 4 seconds on the clock but didn't stop until 1 second showed, which really was operator error. The QB could've easily called a timeout with the zebra right next to him. The clock would've stopped on the incompletion anyway.

Tom has it right, the announcers made a bigger deal that it was, he caught the ball with 4 seconds on the clock, and a drop would have stopped it there....

But forget that, what about a possible interception, what if the ball had gotten batted around, too many possibilities for me with only 9 seconds on the clock...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back