Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Fear the wounded Wolverine!! If you're a Michigan fan that is....:mad: Go ahead Vaughn take your best shots. I don't care ..... because I'm going to get drunk! :D

Oh what the hell:
Go Blue!!! No fair weather fan here!

Fear the wounded Wolverine!! If you're a Michigan fan that is....:mad: Go ahead Vaughn take your best shots. I don't care ..... because I'm going to get drunk! :D

Oh what the hell:
Go Blue!!! No fair weather fan here!

Man bro.....I never would have imagined this. I hoped for it, but never imagined it.

I grew up in Kansas, and never really had a good football team to root for. I remember being a kid and loving to watch Michigan play. The Big House. The helmets. The tradition.

Then in my late 20's, I moved to Michigan. I was immediately turned off by the blatant arrogance of Michiganfan in this State. I can't even really describe it in a few words. I don't mind the passion, but the arrogance is just unbelievable. And they really have no reason to be arrogant. The WolverQueens haven't really done a whole lot over the last 30 years or so. Lost a bunch of Rose Bowls. Won a portion of a National Championship. Oh yeah, beat up on a less than mediocre Conference. :rolleyes:

I would like to root for them. Especially since I now live here. But their fans make it impossible for me to do it. They've given me such a distaste for that program, that I even root for Notre Dame when they play them. Now that is sad. :D

The biggest mistake the WolverQueens made, they fired Gary Moeller for yelling at his Wife in public. Now I believe that guy would be a true College Coaching legend had he continued at Michigan. I hope a Pro team gives him a Head Coaching job one of these days. I think he'll be a good one.

Some observations from watching some of the games yesterday:

1. Michigan who? ND who? They both suck and looked horrible. Carr is gone. Did you see his press conference afterwards? Almost embarrassing. Bright side is they meet next week, so one of yall is guaranteed a first win of the season. And Michigan's RB is one cocky little dude.

2. Ok, as much as I hate to admit it, I under estimated LSU. They kicked ass yesterday and if they continue to play like that, they could win the national championship.

3. The Texas-TCU game was a great game up till the 3rd quarter and then Texas put it away. They need to learn how to start playing in the first half or they are gonna get behind and not be able to catch up.

4. The Texas A&M and Fresno State game was crazy. 3 ot's 47 to 45 win. TAM led 19-0 at half time and by the end of the 3rd quarter it was tied 22-22. Thats when all hell broke loose. Crazy game but TAM isint all that good if you ask me.

5. When I saw the predicted spread of the OU and Miami game I laughed. Said to myself, there is no way OU is going to trounce Miami like that. Wrong, OU kicked there ass flat out and down the field the whole game. Might we see a OU vs LSU National Championship game? The only thing worse than either OU or LSU making it to the National Championship game is both of them making it!

Vaughn I'm not going to quote your post for space sake. I respect your veiw point Vaughn however you know I have to disagree. I admit I always hear about the so called "arrogance" regarding SOME of the Michigan fan base. I personally haven't seen it but I'm not saying it doesn't exist. It seems to me though that you are using the so called "arrogant" portion of a fan base to form your entire opinion and fuel your hate. I believe that is "Michigan arrogance profiling". :D In my opinion my fellow Michigan friends (except my Ohio State buddy:mad:) are simply Michigan supporters and fans. Not a one of them feels Michigan is unbeatable or GOD's chosen team. We support our team proudly and talk them up whenever we can. We take shots (respectfully) at our opposing rivals. They return fire. (Hi Teri!) It's a blast. I'm loving life when they win but I show up to take my abuse when thay have their a$$es handed to them.

Tell you what. I'll give you this opportunity. I will openly except your critisism of ME if you feel I am included in your "Michigan arrogance group". I have supported Michigan since I was a kid. I never had the opportunity to be able to attend. I am a fan through the good years and ...well ... even now. I always will be. I love Michigan Football!

Michigan IS the most successful program in college footbal. Like it or not. Agree with it or not. I'm proud of that fact. They are 1/2 of the best rivalry in college football. They have a great tradition and history. They are a very proud program however they are NOT a prefect program or university. Name one that doesn't have the exact same issues over time. Have your fun now. They're are beaten and left for dead. I admit some serious changes need to be made. I'm even in support that. So go ahead and write them off. However if you think they will stay on the mat then you will be sadly disapointed. Michigan football is awesome to be a part of. Yes even during the down times. You're missing out.....

Anyone want to buy my Notre Dame tickets for this week?? JUST KIDDING!:D
GO BLUE!!!

Last edited:
1. Michigan who? ND who? They both suck and looked horrible.

Yep.

Carr is gone.

No! You take that back Justin!

Did you see his press conference afterwards? Almost embarrassing. Bright side is they meet next week, so one of yall is guaranteed a first win of the season. And Michigan's RB is one cocky little dude.

Didn't see it. Are you talking about Hart being cocky? I don't know how somebody that is injured as much as he is, could be cocky.

see dave me and you can just sit here and make fun of each other about how the other's team sucks right now and here's the beauty of it....we're both right!!!

Michigan IS the most successful program in college footbal. Like it or not. Agree with it or not. I'm proud of that fact. They are 1/2 of the best rivalry in college football. They have a great tradition and history.
I know I shouldn't stick my nose in here but after reading this, I just can't resist, particularly with the first sentence of the above quote. I'm not sure by which stick you're measuring their success, but that's going to be a tough sell. As to the greatest traditional college football rivalry, that title belongs to Army / Navy and always will. After that there's about a 5-way tie for second. If you want to include the Michigan game in that tie for 2nd, so be it.

I just got back from racing in Bakersfield and don't know what to say.

At this rate it looks like Michigan is going to end up besting Stanfords record from last year.

Still a fan, always will be, but man, what a crappy year after all the expectation.

Hart, Henne, and Long need to see if it is too late to enter the draft. :(

GO BLUE!!
DA BEARS!!

Last edited:
I know I shouldn't stick my nose in here but after reading this, I just can't resist, particularly with the first sentence of the above quote. I'm not sure by which stick you're measuring their success, but that's going to be a tough sell. As to the greatest traditional college football rivalry, that title belongs to Army / Navy and always will. After that there's about a 5-way tie for second. If you want to include the Michigan game in that tie for 2nd, so be it.

Most wins (860) and highest winning percentage (.745) in NCAA Division I-A football history
Michigan Wolverines football - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The all time rivalry is an opinion but the Michigan/Ohio State game is QUITE often voted number 1 rivalry. Here's just the tip of the search results:
Greatest College Football Rivalries from America's Best and Top Ten
Best College Football Rivalries - Top Ten List
ESPN.com - ENDOFCENTURY - ESPN.com's 10 greatest rivalries
beRecruited SportsWrap - Pro Sports Rumors + Breaking Sports News » The Best Rivalry in College Football? ESPN says Ohio St vs. Michigan

Tom I was speaking of overall victories. There are many other ways to measure success I agree. Obviously the winning percentage stat is changing quickly form week to week here at Michigan. :eek: I will also give you that the Army/Navy game is an outstanding rivalry. Some feel as you do that it is the best. It is my second favorite. I'm just refering to the fact that Michigan/Ohio State is often voted number 1. There is no specific answer to that stat I admit. I'm certainly not taking anything away from the traditon of the Army/Navy game or any of the other great rivalries for that matter. I never miss the Army/Navy game and it's always emotional for me at end. Go Navy!

Last edited:
horri-Freakin-bull

Wow was that a trouncing yesterday. What makes it even worse is that I was there. 7th row, mid field right behind the Ducks bench. They looked even more surprised then the Wolverines did. One of their guys on the sidelines kept turning around and mouthing unbelievavble.

We shot ourself in the foot early. Drove down the field on the first series with ease, only to have the ball intercepted in the end zone. Scored a td then fumbled in the red zone on the next drive..

Our defense is just plain bad. I was shocked. we've never been a fast defensive team but WOW. Plus they just were not ready. There was an enitre Ducks series during the game where the D kept looking to the sidelines for the play, they weren't even ready when they snapped the ball and it happened over an over.

At this rate they'll be lucky to get to a bowl game even. Penn st, Wisconsin, the blasted Sparties and <gulp> even the buckeyes should have a field day unless things change and fast.

I've been one to avoid the fire Carr band wagon but it may be time now. It seems we have entered the Cooper zone. The buckeyes went through a few years on mediocre play a while back, couldn't beat us and ended with several loss seasons. It seems we are resting on our past success, things have become stale. it's time for major shake ups.

Vaugh I'm even gonna make your day and ackowledge you, just becasue I know you take such joy out of this Michigan pain, consider it an early christmas present :). I can point out stats and records as to why michigan is great but it doesn't matter. Every teams fans should feel that they are the best, that year, that decade, forever it doesn't matter. While I agree that there are many arrogant fans of Michigan, in my travels I've found that is true with every team. In fact walking out of the stadium and the trek back to the car you may be shocked at what I heard time and time again from Michigan Fans to the Oregon faithful. "hey good job guys" " You have a great team" " Good luck the rest of the season"

Well next week will be the battle of the Titans. Mike at least one of our teams wont go 3-0. Hell as much as I can't stand notre dame(talk about arrogant fans :) ) I feel your pain and can;t even rip on you.

Proud Michigan fan, good times and bad and yes I did sit there to the last seconds ticked off and sicne I was sitting next to the tunnel we were swarmed with very happy Ducks fans. Rip away we deserve it

looks like you had sme trouble with Akron there...oh wait we lost to ap st and a flippin Duck:eek:

looks like you had sme trouble with Akron there...oh wait we lost to ap st and a flippin Duck:eek:

And if we lose to that little green leprechaun Saturday I'm gonna take a bullet! By the way Teri... Big ten record for BOTH schools this year. 0-0 It's a stretch I know but I'm dying here! :rolleyes:

see dave me and you can just sit here and make fun of each other about how the other's team sucks right now and here's the beauty of it....we're both right!!!

Misery loves company Mike. I think this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. :rolleyes: What sucks is that I have a buddy coming up from Chicago for the game (Not the Buckeye loser:D). He works for Hilton hotels and hooked me and my youngest daughter up big time for her 13th Bday. We were down there in July. He loves the Wolverines but has never been to a game. I have access to season tickets and I grabbed the N.D. tickets for he and I. He was fricken geeked to be going to Michigan/N.D. Wow I didn't see it going like this.

By the way thanks for the pics! (sarcasm :p)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back