Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Hey Mike
Ive been up north all weekend. I have been removed from civilization.... THANK GOD!! I kept checking the scores from my Blackberry which by the way no longer exists as I fired it into the freaking woods!!

Teri have your way with me as I have zero defense against this one. :eek: Im hanging my head however I'm right there with ya John as I'm a Wolverine fan through thick and thin. A Wolverine fan that NEVER attended the school. Vaughn remember? We had this discussion last year. You really need to be a little more original with your material. You see John, Vaughn feels that you can NOT follow a team unless you are a graduate from the univeristy. Evidently there are no other college football fans in this country other than the graduates from their schools. Michigan is the ONLY one that has fans that didn't attend. Vaughn also feels that EVERY Michigan fan thinks that Michigan is invinsicble and we are automatically self proclaimed GOD's chosen people. It's a load of crap.

My Wolverines just got an embarassing ass beating and I'm here to take my abuse....
Hey Vaughn: GO BLUE!!!

Well said, Dave. I'm not gonna add anything, because you are showing class in defeat. Tough deal, and I'm still in shock. The Huskers won, but showed some major weaknesses in some areas--only time will tell. Chin up, buddy. Even though we are all rivals on this thread, we're also all friends!

Hey Tom, I watched most of the OU game, and as much as it pains me to say this, there is one word to describe OU this year--scary. Although OU didn't have a "worthy" opponent, the talent shined through--I don't think the Huskers are in your league--yet--but hope springs eternal!!

Mike, my condolences--your previous posts pointed out some of the weaknesses that came to light in the game---but out of the whole "gang" here on the thread, I gotta say even the golden domers got beat they were the only ones who had a notable opponent this weekend. Any solace in that?

Hey Tom, I watched most of the OU game, and as much as it pains me to say this, there is one word to describe OU this year--scary. Although OU didn't have a "worthy" opponent, the talent shined through--I don't think the Huskers are in your league--yet--but hope springs eternal!!
I was REALLY pleased with the execution of the offense. There's no secret about the number of potential offensive weapons we have this season, the question was whether or not the triggerman was going to come around. If Saturday was any indication of what's to come this season, I think I'm definitely going to like it!

Well said, Dave. I'm not gonna add anything, because you are showing class in defeat. Tough deal, and I'm still in shock. The Huskers won, but showed some major weaknesses in some areas--only time will tell. Chin up, buddy. Even though we are all rivals on this thread, we're also all friends!

Thanks Terry. Hey what can I say. This one is beyond words. Nothing like being on the losing end of the maybe the biggest upset in college football history. Congrats to Appalachian State they came in and punched the Wolverines in the mouth and walked out with a victory. As much as I hate to agree with Vaughn on anything I will admit that I have not been happy with Carr for years but it is what it is. This once again was clearly lack of preperation. I have tickets to the Notre Dame game in 2 weeks. Talk about a game losing it's lustre! :eek:

GO BLUE!!!

Thanks Terry. Hey what can I say. This one is beyond words. Nothing like being on the losing end of the maybe the biggest upset in college football history. Congrats to Appalachian State they came in and punched the Wolverines in the mouth and walked out with a victory. As much as I hate to agree with Vaughn on anything I will admit that I have not been happy with Carr for years but it is what it is. This once again was clearly lack of preperation. I have tickets to the Notre Dame game in 2 weeks. Talk about a game losing it's lustre! :eek:

GO BLUE!!!

Well, unfortunately for all of the other team supporters on the college football thread (and of course it pains me to say this) looks to me like Mr. Burgess' Sooners are in the drivers seat at this time.....bummer.

Awe, I feel for PJ. I hope your hiney is not too sore! It will get better!

It looks like everyone else's teams did very well.

I am having a hard time with the next game, Texas vs. TCU! They are both favorites of mine!!! Damn! At least I will be happy with the outcome, either way.

:D

Yeah...they were a little slow to begin the game..but found their stride...

Nothing like starting off your year with an SEC opponite.:D It's gonna be a long tuff season...but I'm looking forward to it!!!!

GEAUX TIGERS !!!!

Mike, my condolences--your previous posts pointed out some of the weaknesses that came to light in the game---but out of the whole "gang" here on the thread, I gotta say even the golden domers got beat they were the only ones who had a notable opponent this weekend. Any solace in that?

Thanks for the condolences Terry (congrats on your win ;))...but the only solace i have is that i wasnt near a TV on saturday to watch the game or else my cell phone would probably be laying next to Dave's blackberry :eek: :eek:

Yeah...they were a little slow to begin the game..but found their stride...

Nothing like starting off your year with an SEC opponite.:D It's gonna be a long tuff season...but I'm looking forward to it!!!!

GEAUX TIGERS !!!!
Wahoo! Hey, a win's a win! :D

Sorry guys I was in Indy so I missed the game. Although with the stupidity that is the big ten network I wouldn't have seen it if I was at home anyway.

I'm hear to take my abuse. When a buddy called to tell me the score I assumed he was pulling my leg. Once I heard it was true I just laughed. I figured I'd hear it from Teri pretty good.

I have a different view on this then most blue fans do. I think a game like this is what makes college football so great and fun. Yeah it sucks that it was my team that suffered perhaps the biggest upset in sports but why not us. On Friday a few of the sports talk shows around here were talking about how App St isn't your typical div 1aa school. How they have won 2 straight champiosnhips and have several kids who have transferred from big schools like LSU. They were not calling for an upset but did warn that app should put up a fight for longer than people expect.

I think it great how wild Ap st has gone over this. I also think Michigan should man up and offer to go play a game at AP st (or a bigger stadium near them) next season. Let their fans get to rub it in our faces for a game.

It is the first game so they can rebound and win out. A title game is more then likely gone but I would rather have a loss to Ap st then to Notre Dame, Ohio State or Michigan st.
Now we'll see if the team has any heart or pride. If so they should crush every team this year. How much worse will it be for the Buckeyes when Michigan beats you. You will have lost to the team that lost to a div 1aa school :)

As for Carr, I've never been as down on him as others but once again a mobile qb did him in. I think this will be his last season.

reports are Jimmy Clausen is gonna start for us this week against Joe Pa and those pesky Nittany Lions...i am really excited to see this kid play...was tauted by many as the best recruit in the country last year...and what makes it even better for me is that we stole him right out of USC's backyard :D:D

Sorry guys I was in Indy so I missed the game. Although with the stupidity that is the big ten network I wouldn't have seen it if I was at home anyway.

I'm hear to take my abuse. When a buddy called to tell me the score I assumed he was pulling my leg. Once I heard it was true I just laughed. I figured I'd hear it from Teri pretty good.

I have a different view on this then most blue fans do. I think a game like this is what makes college football so great and fun. Yeah it sucks that it was my team that suffered perhaps the biggest upset in sports but why not us. On Friday a few of the sports talk shows around here were talking about how App St isn't your typical div 1aa school. How they have won 2 straight champiosnhips and have several kids who have transferred from big schools like LSU. They were not calling for an upset but did warn that app should put up a fight for longer than people expect.

I think it great how wild Ap st has gone over this. I also think Michigan should man up and offer to go play a game at AP st (or a bigger stadium near them) next season. Let their fans get to rub it in our faces for a game.

It is the first game so they can rebound and win out. A title game is more then likely gone but I would rather have a loss to Ap st then to Notre Dame, Ohio State or Michigan st.
Now we'll see if the team has any heart or pride. If so they should crush every team this year. How much worse will it be for the Buckeyes when Michigan beats you. You will have lost to the team that lost to a div 1aa school :)

As for Carr, I've never been as down on him as others but once again a mobile qb did him in. I think this will be his last season.

Well written, PJ--you bring to light that after all it IS a game...as I said to Dave earlier, no further comments from me--both you and Dave offered no excuses and made yourself open for abuse--you'll get no more from me. Heck, even Custer had a bad day, and look how he came back.....wait, maybe that's not such a good analogy! Anyway, it was a tough loss, but it sure made Michigan the talk of all the scoreboard shows..Now that the Huskers have the big head with our win over powerful Nevada, I'm kinda worried about Wake Forest next week. We're better than we have been in several years, but we certainly are not in the super power category yet. Want to see a super power? (can't believe I'm saying this) just look two states south of me in Sooner land....Tom's team looks like everyone's worst nightmare this year..hang in there, at least you don't have the buckeyes avatar yet, but I bet Teri is cooking up some kind of wager...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back