Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

back in Macomb and good 'ol WIU!!!! getting settled into my new digs....good to be back

Ok, guys I figured since this will probably be the largest thread ever once we are all done since the last one was huge, I would start a fantasy college pick'em league. Its yahoo league: Maters College Football (ID# 13838) and the password is: mater or maters I cant remember which one I put.

So you all go join and lets have some fun. I did it by picking the winner of every game each week by point spread, so if anyone needs it explained just let me know and I or someone else will explain it to them. Ok.

OK the games are starting fast who else is getting in?

I signed up, don't know if I will make all the weeks, but I will try.

For those wanting to join, here is a link to help you find it, College Football Pick'em. Then hit Create or Join, sign in, select join existing, private group, then enter the group id and password above. Oh, the password is mater.

Finally I'm back up and running at home. Got my hard drive replaced.

Just joined the Mater pick'em group. Thanks Justin for getting it going.

GO BLUE!!

Ok, Justin, I'm in. Thanks for taking the lead on that for the mater clan. Was just looking at opening week games--wow, some real nail biters there--Teri, I see Ohio State has a real major test with Youngstown State, a perennial power in Ohio, I'm sure, PJ and Dave, looks Michigan faces a stern test against the fabled mojo of Appalachian State, Tom, I am sure the Sooners will be nip and tuck against North Texas, another of those huge in-state rivalries, and the Huskers rise above all of this creampuff first game stuff with our opener with noted football power Nevada....Kelly and Gary, don't know who LSU is playing opening weekend--maybe idle? And Mike, husband of Ashley Minick, I guess I couldn't see who ND was playing opening week since (ahem) they only listed the top 25 and their opponents.....Let the games begin!

Ok, Justin, I'm in. Thanks for taking the lead on that for the mater clan. Was just looking at opening week games--wow, some real nail biters there--Teri, I see Ohio State has a real major test with Youngstown State, a perennial power in Ohio, I'm sure, PJ and Dave, looks Michigan faces a stern test against the fabled mojo of Appalachian State, Tom, I am sure the Sooners will be nip and tuck against North Texas, another of those huge in-state rivalries, and the Huskers rise above all of this creampuff first game stuff with our opener with noted football power Nevada....Kelly and Gary, don't know who LSU is playing opening weekend--maybe idle? And Mike, husband of Ashley Minick, I guess I couldn't see who ND was playing opening week since (ahem) they only listed the top 25 and their opponents.....Let the games begin!

Awesome Terry, but you left out the #1 and #2 Matchups in all of college football on Sept 1, #4 Texas at #4000 Arkansas State and then #25 Texas A&M at #25000 Montana State! Should be real nailbiters all the way to the end. (the first quarter anyways!)

Does the team from Appalachian State wear cleats or do they play barefoot?

I wonder how dem der straw hats fit under the helmets

Hey Terry I'll have you know that Appalachian State is the 2005 and 2006 NCAA Division 1-AA National Champions. :rolleyes::D

Well, I kinda figured they would be a force to be reckoned with, considering they would HAVE to have some pretty good size players just to get that big long name on the jerseys! And, I hate to say it, but if their players can successfully spell the name of the college they are playing for, scholastically that will put them ahead of several (ahem) Huskers!

hey hey hey we have a somewhat respectable week 1 opponent in Georgia Tech...it's just the tail end of the schedule when we close with Navy, AirForce, Duke and Stanford that is somewhat suspect :eek:

Georgia Tech, huh, Mike. Pretty good effort there for an opening game, but is Georgia tech really up to Appalachian State standards??

Last edited:
Georgia Tech, huh, Mike. Pretty good effort there for an opening game, but is Georgia tech really up to Appilachian State standards??

Well Appalachian St has one an NCAA National Title in football more recently as was earlier pointed out

GO IRISH!

And I see that you managed to spell it right also--a point for the Irish...think I'll go back and edit my misspelling. Starting off with Ga Tech makes the Huskers game with Nevada look kinda lame, doesn't it???

I got an email today from another pop warner coach of a team (the video is some other team location unknown) running a play called "wrong ball". I will try and post it or if somebody knows how let me know. The play seems pretty "low" to me, but let me know what you guys think if I can get it to work!

Hey, Tim, is Baylor gonna suck this year? Working on the pick em game Justin set up for us and am unsure about the Baylor game (and many others--I suck as bad at picking football games as drag races!) Any "inside" Texas info will be appreciated! Go Huskers!

I got an email today from another pop warner coach of a team (the video is some other team location unknown) running a play called "wrong ball". I will try and post it or if somebody knows how let me know. The play seems pretty "low" to me, but let me know what you guys think if I can get it to work!

Seems that way to me also--maybe teaching the wrong set of ethics to kids that age? Rubs me the wrong way like watching NFL style celebrations (and tantrums) in Jr HI football games.

Hey, Tim, is Baylor gonna suck this year? Working on the pick em game Justin set up for us and am unsure about the Baylor game (and many others--I suck as bad at picking football games as drag races!) Any "inside" Texas info will be appreciated! Go Huskers!

Baylor suprised many last year...until there starting QB got hurt and was unable to play for the remainder of the year. If he is back they could be a decent team! Texas plays TCU in the 2nd week and they (TCU) are REALLY making it a point to beat Texas!!! They have a "hit list" of top teams over the years and each one on the list has been beat!!! Texas is next on that list:eek:!!!
I need to login to the pick em board here soon...I just havent had enough time while coaching pop warner lately!!! (its been like a 2nd job, but SO worth it!!!)
I noticed that the CornHuskers have a tough week 2 as well!!

Last edited:

I saw that a few days ago. Hey, you have to admit, that was a well thought out play, although it was a low thing to do.

GO BLUE!!!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back