Car Count (1 Viewer)

None

Nitro Member
With the car count down to 16 entries this past weekend, can NHRA afford to loose a multi team and what do you think that they would do if this happened?

Ron Pellegrini

I don't think NHRA really cares if they get a full count of nitro cars. The number will get back up in short order. IHRA teams will round out the nitro fields if short fields become chronic.

I also think "they" are trying to repair the Schumacher nitro fine controversy behind the scenes and the fine will be negotiated down to $5,000, which Schu will gladly pay to get this behind him and the entire drag racing community.

Pure imagination on my part, I just couldn't leave a thread by Ron go unanswered.

-90% Jimmy

Economic difficulties come and go. We've seen it all before and we will see it again. Some can't afford gas to get to work while others prosper in such markets. This will easily be the best year we've ever had and we've seen a drastic slowdown in the number of calls we take. I suspect many others could say the same.

First quarter a record here with many pressures to increase prices.

The up side of a basement dollar worth about a quarter is our exports are cheaper for others to buy.

Some do good and some do not.
The downside of selling foreign and converting life sustaining food into fuel is going to be shortages and high prices at home.
My rancher cousin says herds of steers are being sold off just like in the seventies when I would have killed for a steak and working for minimum wage at a TV station all me and my wife could do was drool and eat at Bonanza once every two weeks!
I think it just works out to where sales picking up to foreign interests are causing spiraling prices at home due to low inventories but creating a shortage is a sure way to get prices up .
When oil was $8.00 to $11.00 a barrel our oil industry needed $18.00 to break even so we lost all our stripper wells over a ten year period.
By design maybe , it sure crippled our independent producers and caused the big oil companies to merge to save themselves.
We could still open up drilling off the continental shelf where the large finds are or we can pay the price and finance our enemies activities.
Whoops done hijacked another thread and I'm getting close to politics!
Face it folks we don't have leadership period and kneejerk reactions and bigger government which is the cause of our problems to begin with ain't the cure. There I feel better already.
See Capitolism 101 for the answers, not the government.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back