Largest Supercharged Flip Top AA/FC Car Count Ever (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
That would go to Orange County International Raceways 3rd Annual Manufacturers Funny Car Championship. The Car count was an amazing 73 cars, imagine that. I can count my lucky stars I was at my 3rd Man. FC meet to see that. Friday qualifying, then Saturdays main events.

[email protected] Short Track Announcer,,dirt is cool too!

If that is the race where the Blu Max ran that 6.72, then I was there. That is the one I remember.

Thanks Mark. I always remember the 6.72 ET. Gary Cochren was at that race making check out runs in his front motor T/F car and ran a 6,72 on a check out pass. Later that evening, the Max ran that 6.72 and it just blew me away. A funny car running T/F numbers!!! The Max was the first of the "narrow" F/C chassis cars and you could see it. Good memories.

TWO OF MY FAVORITES TO WATCH WAS DAMN YANKEE AND THE MAD ARMENIAN..... HIS CARS WERE ALWAYS IMPECCABLE........I MISS THOSE DAYS.....

You could start a whole thread on Armenian folks who were in drag racing. Ed Iskendarian, Big John Mazmanian, the guy who started Glendale Speed Center in Glendale, Calif and a ton more. Maz' cars were always candy apple red, always top notch.

You could start a whole thread on Armenian folks who were in drag racing. Ed Iskendarian, Big John Mazmanian, the guy who started Glendale Speed Center in Glendale, Calif and a ton more. Maz' cars were always candy apple red, always top notch.
I'm 1/4 Armenian. Is that close enough?

Brad, you are part of the Armenian Army, as they used to be called. All you need is a funny car with an Isky cam. :) It's interesting what a mixed bag we all are. I'm 1/2 Cajun on my mom's side, and 1/4 Irish & 1/4 English/Scottish on my dad's side and 100%drag racer. Heh

Speaking of the Armenian Army we have a big Birthday Bash for "Isky" every year. This year it is the 98th for the "Camfather". It will be on September 21st at LTR Racing in beautiful downtown Canebrake Ca. - Population about 30 or so. Steve Gibbs will be our other special guest with Dave "Big Mac" McClelland as our M.C. as usual along with a lot of the pioneers of racing (Well we are getting to be less every year so it's a good time to get together while we still can). Beside for the BBQ and car show there will be a Cackle Car fire up featuring the Swamp Rat 3 among others. Ed is still sharp as a tack and loves to meet and tell his stories to everyone. If anyone is interested e-mail me at [email protected] or call/text 760 379-0914 for more details. - Ramjet

I wanna see Ed reach the 100 year mark. That will be soooo cool. He could rive his famous roadster around the block, if he still has it (bet he does).

That would go to Orange County International Raceways 3rd Annual Manufacturers Funny Car Championship. The Car count was an amazing 73 cars, imagine that. I can count my lucky stars I was at my 3rd Man. FC meet to see that. Friday qualifying, then Saturdays main events.

[email protected] Short Track Announcer,,dirt is cool too!
Mark, what year was the 3rd one?

1st was in 67, then 68, then 69. The first one was in my view was one of the most unique, interesting events at O.C.I.R. That event I have (67) I have a lot of information on and documentation. If interested I can go into great lengths about the 1st on in 1967.

TopFuel@Lions

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back