Snake Wants Testing Limited (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
What is yall's take? Personally I think it sucks. I understand the reasoning for it, but if one team can afford to test more, then so be it. Plus, its an even bigger advantage for the multi car teams that yall so hate.

Why allow unlimited Testing? What does that prove besides how much bigger the advantage the Heavy funded teams have over the independents?:rolleyes:

They gotta quit dumming the sport down. I can't even afford to run a fuel car, so nobody else should be allowed to.

Jay

That would be like telling the Yankees that they can only have 3 weeks of Spring training and all the other teams get 6 weeks.
You can't just go out and buy a championship ALL THE TIME! Just look at the all star lineup the Yankees have and they haven't won the Series since what, 2001?
Practice doesn't always make perfect, no matter who or what you have at your disposal!

Wouldn't surprise me to see it happen. Many of the other racing organizations already limit the amount of testing teams can do.

I dont see how they could enforce it. It's kinda like saying you cant run IHRA events.

Thats exactly what I was fixing to post. It just means if they cant "test" then they will go race IHRA as well. Does match races count as testing? I know there isint alot of that anymore but I bet if they limit testing, all of a sudden we will see some match racing. I can see it now:
"Come out to ORP this weekend and watch the match races between Capps and Scelzi!" It should say, "Come watch them test".

My other questions is, dont GA and Line have there own track or something like that that everyone is always talking about how they test. What's NHRA going to do, tell them they cant use there own facility? Whatever. I'd tell them to F off.

Wouldn't surprise me to see it happen. Many of the other racing organizations already limit the amount of testing teams can do.

Actually most all other forms of racing have this already. It is apparently self enforcing as unless you are testing on another planet someone will always see you.

Before you all go off on how this is a bad idea you might want to consider why other forms or racing, which are much more popular than anything the HRA's provide, all have gone to this testing limit.

The answer is simple, money and crew work schedules.

Thats exactly what I was fixing to post. It just means if they cant "test" then they will go race IHRA as well. Does match races count as testing? I know there isint alot of that anymore but I bet if they limit testing, all of a sudden we will see some match racing. I can see it now:
"Come out to ORP this weekend and watch the match races between Capps and Scelzi!" It should say, "Come watch them test".

Hmm... but that might not be such a bad thing to have more match races going on. Think about it, your local track might be able to do something like that Capps/Scelzi "grudge match", or an all-Force team shootout, or a "Battle of the Beer Wagons" going on. An extra opportunity to see some nitro cars, more $$ for the track, and the teams will get PAID to do what they'd otherwise have to pay for...

I would be willing to bet that EVERY team owner would love to have limited testing. They just don't want to admit to it. The amount of cash to test all the time has got to be HUGE. Now, maybe from a crew chiefs point of view, I'm sure they want unlimited testing. When you're not the one writing the checks all the time, why not test-n-tune? I am no expert, but the costs to campaign for a season have got to be spiraling out of control. If the NHRA did limit testing, like it was stated above,it would be impossible to enforce.

Yeah.... Limit testing.... Force will just purchase or have a track built for his team. Nobody can tell him he can't run on his own property. Bare bones 1/8 or 1/4 mile strip and run the wheels off the cars anytime they want. If they do make it 1/8, save full pull runs for the "allowed tests" by NHRA. Ethier way, it will not help the Snake.

Let's just think about this--- NHRA says during the year, per team, you can only test 6 Mondys post national event, max 4 runs a day. GREAT. TJ makes 24 passes through the year. In the mean time, JFR and DSR gets 96 runs for their 6 days, 4 runs per team. That helps the Snake how??

I would be willing to bet that EVERY team owner would love to have limited testing. They just don't want to admit to it. The amount of cash to test all the time has got to be HUGE. Now, maybe from a crew chiefs point of view, I'm sure they want unlimited testing. When you're not the one writing the checks all the time, why not test-n-tune? I am no expert, but the costs to campaign for a season have got to be spiraling out of control. If the NHRA did limit testing, like it was stated above,it would be impossible to enforce.

Ofcourse every owner would love not to have to test as much as they do. It saves them money. Buts it called the price to compete. They know that going in, so they have to budget for it. No one says they have to test.

Two things come to mind. First Snake is NOT a member of PRO so would he still be affected?

Second the way NASCAR limits it's guys are with tires, Good Year sells them tires at the track, but they are NOT allowed to take them home after the race, they must be turned in. So if you have no tires, you can't very well make laps.

Alan

Two things come to mind. First Snake is NOT a member of PRO so would he still be affected?

Second the way NASCAR limits it's guys are with tires, Good Year sells them tires at the track, but they are NOT allowed to take them home after the race, they must be turned in. So if you have no tires, you can't very well make laps.

Alan

Alan, if they want to test, they will test.

Alan, if they want to test, they will test.

Pretty tough to do if all you have are tires that are only good for holding the car off the pavement. If you hang around after a NASCAR race, ALL of the team's tires are carefully stacked up at the pit wall, where they were stationed. The Goodboot truck comes along, and the tires are picked up, and are checked against a list the tire guy has with him. Where else are you going to get fuel slicks good enough besides Goodyear that will give meaningful results that will translate to raceday conditions? M&H? M/T? Hoosier?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back