Multi Car Teams? (1 Viewer)

NitroRichFire

Nitro Member
I guess I don't understand multi car teams. I would think all the cars on a multi car team would be set up the same. So if the run on the first car of a multi car team worked, then you could set up the other car from that multi car team with the same tune up and it would run close to what the first car ran. What I'm getting at is the crew chiefs on Spencer's car would have been able to take the tune ups from Antron's top fueler or Tony's top fueler and put that information into Spencer's top fueler and it would have run close to the same numbers, same would go for Ron's funny car, taking the tune up information from Matt's funny car, Johnny's funny car or Jack's funny car. I'm guessing that the cars of a multi car team are not set up the same.:confused:

Different drivers create different Center of Gravity points in these cars, based on size and weight. Crewchiefs for the individual cars have a foundation to work from, based on the team combo, and their own car personality. Setting up one does not guarentee the second one will act the same way- you can get close, but you need the car's team to know the idiosyncrasies of their individual pipe/ powerplant.

Plus, every crewchief secretly wants to rotate the earth with THEIR hot rod... :D Can't help but to pull that trigger. Remember- you work all week for 4 seconds- you have to take your shot when it comes.

Each car is its own species. It is difficult to get the same car to run consistantly let alone transfer that same tuneup to an entirely different beast.

There are so many variables and while they may intend to run them close, they can not be exact.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back