Snake Racing signs Spencer Massey (2 Viewers)

joey

Nitro Member
DON PRUDHOMME RACING ANNOUNCES SIGNING OF
TOP FUEL DRIVER SPENCER MASSEY TO MULTI-YEAR AGREEMENT

VISTA, Calif. (October 15, 2008) -- Don Prudhomme Racing announced today that it has signed 2008 IHRA Top Fuel points leader Spencer Massey to a multi-year agreement, with plans to see Massey behind the wheel of a new Top Fuel dragster team beginning with the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle season.

In his first season piloting a Top Fuel dragster, Massey, 26, has recorded an impressive four wins in five final rounds and is in a position to claim the 2008 IHRA Top Fuel Championship this weekend at Rockingham, NC. Massey has also posted an impressive effort this season in Division 4 of the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, winning once in three final rounds while competing in the Top Alcohol dragster category.

“I am honored and very excited to have this opportunity with Snake Racing,” said Massey. “This is something that I’ve always wanted to do and now I’m getting the chance to live the dream. I’ve always looked up to Snake for everything he has accomplished over his career. Snake Racing is a top of the line organization and now I am in a position to be a part of that, so I am very excited.”

The agreement will allow Massey to continue his efforts in the 2009 IHRA and NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, as Snake Racing continues to finalize plans for the debut of a new Top Fuel team in 2010. Massey will immediately be available to drive for Snake Racing should the new team be formed prior to the 2010 NHRA season.

“We are very pleased to have Spencer join our team as we look toward the future,” said team owner Don Prudhomme. “Spencer has all the tools necessary to be successful in this sport and we are excited about the opportunity to build a new team with him as the driver. We met with Spencer earlier this year and since then have included him in many of our presentations to potential sponsors. We are confident that he has the talent to get the job done not only behind the wheel, but with the sponsors, media and fans.”

Don Prudhomme Racing currently fields the U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company Top Fuel dragster, driven by two-time NHRA Champion, Larry Dixon. The 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Series will see U.S. Smokeless continue its 21-year partnership with Snake Racing, along with Dixon who returns as driver for his 14th season.

- SNAKE RACING -

Great deal for Spencer.
Good to see him moving up and with the chance for a very good ride.
Let's hope the funding falls into place.

Interesting.. had to read it 2 times..

NEW team in 2010, meaning a 2nd car, from what I gather. Sounds good to me!

It also states :"Don Prudhomme Racing currently fields the U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company Top Fuel dragster, driven by two-time NHRA Champion, Larry Dixon. The 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Series will see U.S. Smokeless continue its 21-year partnership with Snake Racing, along with Dixon who returns as driver for his 14th season".Read 14th season no mention after that.
I wonder how much time Larry has on his contract or is he year to year ?
Where ever LD jr goes I will follow.;)
quote was taken from DPR release.

Maybe this will start a barrage of new threads about the NHRA expanding too much because of an accommodating economy????

Congratulations to Don and everyone at Snake Racing. He just keeps getting it done!

And what did we learn from the last paragraph? :)

Nothing other than they plan to debut a " New " team in 2010. Doesn't say anything about a " second " team. Again, I'm just curious where does this leave Larry? You can read into that last paragraph either scenario.
A) Spencer will be driving a " New " , second car for Don or
B) Spencer will be driving a " New " team with the current team no longer in existence.

Either way congrats to Spencer. My daughter raced junior dragsters with him back a few years ago and I've known Spencer for quite some time. Nice kid.

I can't believe a smart guy like Snake would hire someone, put out a press release, etc. without some kind of plan in the works for sponsorship.

Maybe he will simply run the car for a year with race-to-race sponsorship (ala Hillary) because he's planning on needing someone for the "Smokeless" car after '09??

Dunno, just guessing...

I am reading that 'new team' means additional team in 2010....or sooner should it come together quicker.

"Massey will immediately be available to drive for Snake Racing should the new team be formed prior to the 2010 NHRA season."

Forget the rest, pay more attention to the above.
Kosky and I think alike (remember an older thread)

I can't believe a smart guy like Snake would hire someone, put out a press release, etc. without some kind of plan in the works for sponsorship.

Didn't this sort of scenario get played out over 5 years ago when Melanie Troxell was going to drive for the Snake with rumored AT&T sponsorship?

We all know how that one turned out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back