Buyout Quietly Proceeding? (1 Viewer)

Finally, ticket prices may or may not change. The approach I take is that HD doesn't want to price themslves out of the market (with the market being the publics discretionary dollars). Initially, I only see a few changes to the ticket structure. I can see higher prices that include certain privlidges (like all-access,front row,etc). I wouldn't assume any ticket increases until HD and the public can view the product as a larger commodity and increased demand. Things to look for: necessity for additional seating at events, complete sell outs, and the need for additional dates/shows. Once this happens, the market will allow and absorb the ticket increase. We have seen this in all forms of sport over the last 20 years (Nascar,NFL,MLB).

I am excited to see changes with HD. Apparently, certain investors feel that if a little capital is thrown in a couple directions, the results can relate to huge profit.

You are right they may not change next week but I am betting they will. This is taken from page 130 of the filing:

Expansion of Existing Event Revenues: We intend to implement a series of initiatives designed to increase revenues associated with existing national events. Tactics and initiatives under consideration include increased advertising to boost event attendance, ticket price adjustments, and premium package offerings.

Now I understand it says adjust not raise but I doubt they will lower them. Maybe they will surprise us and lower them :D

I know I am going against the grain on this but if you have an option to pay a little more for a better product................Count me in.
Whether it is more comfort(seats, shade, view etc.) or better racing, I would like the OPTION to pay more to get more.

Expansion of Existing Event Revenues: We intend to implement a series of initiatives designed to increase revenues associated with existing national events. Tactics and initiatives under consideration include increased advertising to boost event attendance, ticket price adjustments, and premium package offerings.

This reminds me of the Golden rule of pricing. "Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it." Based on this thought, if the events are not selling out, it would seem to me that to grow the fan base, you will need to advertise more to reach more people, and possibly lower or hold the ticket prices to attempt to have more people consider spending their entertainment dollars at the track. Since it says price adjustments, I would hope they would lower some tickets to get new spectators in the gate, put on a good show, and provide their "premium package offerings" for the return or original fan base that wants more than a basic ticket. If the events are not sell outs now, it doesn't seem like more advertising of a more expensive event would work out.

I know I am going against the grain on this but if you have an option to pay a little more for a better product................Count me in.
Whether it is more comfort(seats, shade, view etc.) or better racing, I would like the OPTION to pay more to get more.

How about paying a little more so you don't have to sit next to the idiot who should have kept his party at the tailgate and not the stands?

Top Eliminator Club...worth every penny IMHO.

Maybe they will adjust ticket prices.

Plush club seating (season ticket holders)
General admission (nose bleed seating) :eek:

How about paying a little more so you don't have to sit next to the idiot who should have kept his party at the tailgate and not the stands?

Top Eliminator Club...worth every penny IMHO.

I'm with you on this one, Troy. LMAO!!!

The only reason I don't sit in Top Eliminator is because I don't like the view. I like sitting around 1000'. I reallize this is a choice that I make, but like you said, I still wish those drunken jacka$$es would stay back at their tailgate.

Sean D

If...

Pro Drag Racing turns Into... NASCAR, MLB, NFL, NBA.... I'm out... Bottom Line... and may all the Children of the 80's enjoy...

I'll miss it, but I'll get over it... But hey, there's always the IHRA. And this is against the grain here... but I truly believe that the 'Growth' of the NHRA has been what has put the cost out in 'Right Field'.

Growth has Killed NASCAR for me... and Pro Stick and Ball Sports... Too Many Teams, to many Venues...

But hey, I'm an old F@rt... The more I see a commercial, the less likely I am to buy the Product... stuff like the POWERADE 10/50 and the Hardies some guys would starve... You want to sell me something, don't treat me like I'm 5 years old... don't go for cute, or the 'lastest hot lick': it offends me...

Is HD good for the Sport.... Only if they DON'T let Compton and Crew run the mess... The Run Drag Racing, you have to understand it... I'm not sure Compton has a clue were the Plugs are in a Nitro Motor, or even what all those funny Silver lines with the Blue and Red ends are for...

Fire away:D

Remember: Investors only buy an asset that will return value. HD Partners bought the NHRA Pro racing series for the future value. That future value will derive from advertising rights and sponsorships. Companies pay for advertising and sponsor events to sell their products.

Essentially, HD Partners is interested in exploiting the NHRA fan base to sell products and services for their sponsors and advertisers. Sound familiar: NASCAR, NFL, NBA, MLB, etc. Bottom line: they will make more money selling products to us.

Do you want to be exploited to support a sport?

These guys are Idea guys. They don't know beans about racing or racers. Thats Compton's job.

As to the future of pro racing and it's evolvement who knows.
You might ask Bruton Smith he sure saw a value in it.
I'm still wondering what he will do.
He got it in the face!
If he stays, and I have no reason to presume otherwise other than the snub, I see a big value in having someone on the inside that is heavily invested to pick up the pieces if the venture doesn't live up to expectations.
He is to us what is commonly known as a ace in the hole.

If nothing else we know B Smith likes top notch facilities for both the fans and the Racers.
The only problem I see with Idea Guys is change.
That is the bottom line of Ideas.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back