Another Top Fuel Team is Parked (1 Viewer)

Re: Fuller fired, Top Fuel down to seven cars

What does that say for Antron Brown? Isn't he part of the Powers Camp?

Last edited:

This is a stunner. I can't believe it. Things sure look good for next year:rolleyes:

Dave

Thanks Scoop!!!:D

This was outta left field!:eek:

Antron should be OK as Powers sold that car to 3B Racing.

I hate to hear this. I have not purchased any tickets for out of town racing yet,, and may not do so now.
I hate to add fuel to the economic fire, but can get some good local racing for a lot less $$ than the national events I have frequented out of state for the last 8 yrs.
Bummer~~~especially for those people on the teams that are now out of work.

I thought i had read that Cat would be back,did they just pull out? This sux for Hot Rod,maybe him and AJ??? Dixon buying his contract back??? lol. I dunno.

geiger seems to have left lucas out of the select top fuel field, unless he knows something we don't:confused::eek:

the truly sad part is that nhra hasn't really done anything to acknowledge this huge exodus from the sport by some major players. i guess as long as they have their 6 figure salaries and filets, nothing to worry about.

it will be a major feat if they can even get 12 TF cars to each race next year. maybe top 4 first round bye runs, then second round they race the winners of the slowest 8?

This way seem a little weird to ask considering I do know the state of the economy but DP just says oh the hell with it and lets everyone go? He doesn't even TRY to find something else?:confused:

This way seem a little weird to ask considering I do know the state of the economy but DP just says oh the hell with it and lets everyone go? He doesn't even TRY to find something else?:confused:

That is a very good point, Mikaela. When Powers started that team they didn't have any major funding, he pretty much ran it out of his pocket. Like you sad, he just gave up.:confused:

Too bad he wasn't able to do what Ken Black did and retain the key people while looking for sponsorship. My guess would be that he will never be involved in racing again.

There were rumors back at Vegas they were low on funds.. realy low...

I thought a couple weeks ago some one mentioned that Antrons part of the teams was now owned by some one else....???? might have been a prelude to this coming down....

Billy

If J.R. Todd's team is parked, it's news to them. I just got off the phone with my son, Randy, and he says they're just trying to figure out who will be on the car. So far as he & the team know, they are going to run next year.
Film at 11.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back