Langdon Parked? (1 Viewer)

Country21

Nitro Member
Read in 2 different places that Langdon car is parked due to lack of sponsorship. crew and Langdon being retained for now

Don's been running it out of his own pocket for most of the races since the beginning of the 2013 season. If this happens, I'm sure it's because he felt four years is enough using his own money. Because of comments he has made in the past about the teams needing to be funded by sponsors, I'm surprised he funded that team mostly out of his pocket this long.

And.... Everyone is bashing MLR for doing the same or is it trend? Both have more money than I'll ever see in a lifetime.

You can't bash any of these guys for making business decisions. And in the cases of Lucas and Schumacher, they may add/delete fuel teams at any given time, based upon marketing partners, but they remain a huge part of the sport in the big picture. I wouldn't be surprised if someone jumps on board Langdon's car at some point, it's all ready to go and is a fast hot rod.

It could be Alex Laughlin bringing GMG but kinda doubt it being that he gonna run a full season of P/S again. He did mention in an article that he'd wish NHRA would rescind the rule about a driver restricted to 1 pro category only at any given nat. event.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Langdon on loan from Alan Johnson, or is that contract no longer effective? Just curious.

I do not think any sponsor out there is waiting to jump on any car in the NHRA, we all know that is not how it works. Only time will tell if Fox great coverage can help a team get enough exposure to sign a sponsor. Didnt Kenny Bernstein say in a recent article it will take 3-4 years before we know if Fox will payoff.

That's what I understood, Initially Shawn was loaned to DSR temporarily until Alan locked something in and nothing happened so he cut Shawn loose from his contract.

At this point, it looks like only 10 full time TF cars. This is including Scott Palmer, and assuming that Leah's ride is full time.

Don's been running it out of his own pocket for most of the races since the beginning of the 2013 season. If this happens, I'm sure it's because he felt four years is enough using his own money. Because of comments he has made in the past about the teams needing to be funded by sponsors, I'm surprised he funded that team mostly out of his pocket this long.
The rumor used to be that a Texas oil man was providing the dollars and the Don could put his products on the car as long as Spencer drove it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back