Another car bites the dust... (1 Viewer)

i would look for jegs to step up. those 2 were the only ones that were able to stand up to team KB all year.

there is no way this Torco deal is a good deal for drag racing in general. I hope for Dave Connolly's sake Jegs will step up their funding so he can run

Is the Seelye-Wright sponsorship also under the Torco umbrella, or is that a seperate company from any of Evan's conglomerate? Maybe they could step up their level of sponsorship, or like mentioned above, maybe Jegs can jump on a 2nd car. I really would hate to see Dave on the sidelines.

I hope they can find sponsorship for Dave's car. It would be a shame to see a young driver with his capabilities sitting on the sidelines. Victor and his guys have put together two championship caliber cars. It would suck to see one sit out because of financing. JJ

i dont know about jegs steppin' up to sponsor DC. If Jegs is gonna pour more millions of dollars into pro stock, i'm guessin' the driver of the car last name would have to be coughlin (perhaps the return of troy!). Of course if cagnazzi wants to generate some income, i'm sure there would be plenty of customers wanting to rent some of that horsepower they make !!

i would look for jegs to step up. those 2 were the only ones that were able to stand up to team KB all year.

Bruce don't count on it. I know of a conversation that Jeg had after winning the PS Championship this year that it just cost way more than they had hoped to run the car. He was talking about going back to bracket racing. I don't think he will but you never know.

this is farking ridiculous

...and this is the problem with one company sponsoring too many teams and races.

I've seen this soooo many times in the business of advertising and promotion. DIVERSITY is the best thing. You want as many different revenue streams as possible. One BIG sponsor is ultimately a very risky proposition.

Bummer. Dave is so good, somebody smart will retain his services.
As mentioned, it would be great if Jeg's helped out.

re: TORCO "Umbrella"
ah, another umbrella team Doc can take jabs at.

Shoot. And he just got his knee fixed up too. The way he drove last year was phenomenal. I was anxious to see how he was going to do with a HEALTHY knee!

WOW....I didn't see that coming. this is horrible for Dave. He is by far my favorite PS driver

Dave has to be getting pretty frustrated with this whole ownership/sponsorship merry-go-round.

Don't forget, it has only been 2-1/2 years since Mike Dzurilla pulled the rug out from under Connolly in the middlle of a season while he was near the top in the NHRA points standings by shutting down the Bullet Motorsports Pro Stock team because Dzurilla's Mansfield Motorsports Speedway was bleeding red ink.

Last edited:
...and this is the problem with one company sponsoring too many teams and races.

I've seen this soooo many times in the business of advertising and promotion. DIVERSITY is the best thing. You want as many different revenue streams as possible. One BIG sponsor is ultimately a very risky proposition.

Now THIS is the post of the week!! Dead on, John... Sooner or later, some big wind comes along and turns even the strongest giant umbrella inside out...

bummer ! but my money is on team $humacher making dave the 2nd driver taking ritchies place.

I've had the same thought Jeff. The key will be whether Roy & AJ want Dave and already have a good relationship with him. It's Johnson's deal as they provide the ponies and preps the car.

One thing I've learned at our station is that it's not about hiring talent, it's about hiring the right kind of people that mesh with your current staff and efforts. If Dave can do that he'd be a great addition, if he can't, it's not good for either side.

I'm just as curious to see how all this pans out. Interesting days for sure...

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back