Geiger's take on Bradshaw vs. Shorthall (1 Viewer)

to

Nitro Member
Geiger says: Geiger Counter - Geiger Counter

I for one think it's crap for a supposed crew "chief" to physically assault a driver, even if they have a difference in opinion about the safety of the car. The driver is the one who is strapped into the car, if he thinks 7 lbs of shielding is necessary, i for one, think they could put it on. I could understand if there was some 75 lb part, but all this controversy over 7 lbs.... heck, Bradshaw is a little guy, another 7 pounds doesn't really matter with a 150 lb driver.

Considering that Bradshaw was a friend of Darrell Russell, who was killed when a torn up slick entered the cockpit, i could see why Alan would want more shielding in the cockpit...it's his life on the line, not the "chief" standing at the starting line.

The whole thing makes me angry.

I said this on the other thread and I'll say it on this one. Is someone's safety worth 7.5 lbs.?

Geiger says: Geiger Counter - Geiger Counter

I for one think it's crap for a supposed crew "chief" to physically assault a driver, even if they have a difference in opinion about the safety of the car. The driver is the one who is strapped into the car, if he thinks 7 lbs of shielding is necessary, i for one, think they could put it on. I could understand if there was some 75 lb part, but all this controversy over 7 lbs.... heck, Bradshaw is a little guy, another 7 pounds doesn't really matter with a 150 lb driver.

Considering that Bradshaw was a friend of Darrell Russell, who was killed when a torn up slick entered the cockpit, i could see why Alan would want more shielding in the cockpit...it's his life on the line, not the "chief" standing at the starting line.

The whole thing makes me angry.

Looks more and more like Tuttle needed a new crew chief rather than a new driver.

I said this on the other thread and I'll say it on this one. Is someone's safety worth 7.5 lbs.?

I'll second that and agree with Tony about being angry. After a couple of phone calls today, it appears that Bradshaw was "released". These drivers have so much desire to compete, but he is better off being away from a crew chief with (I assume) the team owner's approval to compromise safety.

Shortall should have been given his walking papers after a good ass kicking, rookie tuners are easy to come by.

So where was this @$$ at when everything happened with Eric? Does he not understand the importance of safety? What a freakin jerk. This just makes me livid! :mad:

Aren't y'all a little quick to hang Tony (Shortall) over this? Remember, there are two sides to every story, and just because it's printed in the media or on the net, doesn't make it true. I'm not saying I support Tony over Bradshaw or visa versa, but which one of you were there to see the supposed "assault" take place? And even if there was a confrontation, do y'all honestly think it is the first time that has happened? There isn't a team out there that hasn't had some sort of turmoil between team mates at one time or another. Also, which one of you are on the team and know there was a conflict over safety equipment? Oh, I forgot, we are not supposed to be concerned about truth before we make a decision, we are just supposed to BBQ the first person we can find. Okay, y'all can start bashing me now!

You are very correct Gary. It's too bad things in life aren't as black and white as everyone would like to believe. Mistakes were made by both parties involved, but like Dexter said in his release there were chemisty issues, it wasn't just one thing that happend. I can tell you without team chemistry you will never be successful long term, seen it too many times.

Aren't y'all a little quick to hang Tony (Shortall) over this? Remember, there are two sides to every story, and just because it's printed in the media or on the net, doesn't make it true. I'm not saying I support Tony over Bradshaw or visa versa, but which one of you were there to see the supposed "assault" take place? And even if there was a confrontation, do y'all honestly think it is the first time that has happened? There isn't a team out there that hasn't had some sort of turmoil between team mates at one time or another. Also, which one of you are on the team and know there was a conflict over safety equipment? Oh, I forgot, we are not supposed to be concerned about truth before we make a decision, we are just supposed to BBQ the first person we can find. Okay, y'all can start bashing me now!
Good post Gary. I`ve known Tony since he worked for Cruz (`04) and he`s a good guy. I`ll be interested to hear his take on things when I see him in Seattle.

Your statements are correct. I was just concerned that if a driver requests certain safety features he or she should be accomodated. I also know, as a big guy (6'3" 235), what it is like to get into an argument with someone a lot smaller. No matter who is at fault you really have to watch your temper or you will be labeled the "bad" guy 9 out of 10 times. Even if it isn't your fault and didn't start anything. I'm not defending or flaming anyone. I wasn't there. My concern is over safety issues.

I am basing my opinion only off of the safety equipment issue which was mentioned more than once. The assault and all the other chemistry issues is not even on my mind. Im glad you brought this up and I was under the impression that both agreed the "final straw" so to speak was based on the safety equipment issue and I may be wrong but that was how I understood it. Im SURE that everyone had some fault to this as thats usually the case when things like his happen but just to be clear again, I am very upset regardiing the safety issue alone, not any of the other drama that went on.

Your statements are correct. I was just concerned that if a driver requests certain safety features he or she should be accomodated. I also know, as a big guy (6'3" 235), what it is like to get into an argument with someone a lot smaller. No matter who is at fault you really have to watch your temper or you will be labeled the "bad" guy 9 out of 10 times. Even if it isn't your fault and didn't start anything. I'm not defending or flaming anyone. I wasn't there. My concern is over safety issues.

You replied about the same time as I did...

Im glad Im not the only one thinking along these same lines...

Imho...... Safety Issues.....smokescreen

One never knows do one? Only if you're there and it's your ass in the seat. Beyond that it's speculation. I would hope that what I read isn't true but I've been around racing all of my life and have heard of things far more stupid. In fact, I've seen it from people who should have known better.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back