And now the Selmer lawsuits start (1 Viewer)

Yeah I read that in the paper this morning. I am sure its only the beginning of several. Atleast with Amercia's bubblehead Paris Hilton getting out of jail its kinda not been mentioned lately.

"Replogle accuses the vehicle's owner, AMS Staff Leasing Inc., of negligence by failing to make sure the car was in proper working order and allowing it to be driven by Critchley, who had an "unsafe driving record," the suit claims."

I didn't think AMS actually OWNED the car. I thought they were just a sponsor and wouldn't have much control over where the car put on exhibitions. Oh yeah, we're talking about attorneys! Some guy working in a factory who was hired by AMS will probably be named in the suit because he didn't prevent this from happening!

Yeah, it sucks, but suing the owner of a children's fundraiser for $10 million? I guess that's the value of his son's life. Not $9 million or $11 milllion. I think I might have gone for $10,000,000.01 myself. That, or do like businesses. Only $9,999,999.99 to make it look smaller.

I'm surprised they'd start this early. The statute of limitations in Tennessee is one year for criminal, two for civil. I know injury cases will often wait until the last day to try to make sure that they're not missing anything that might show up later. Maybe they think they know all they need to.

If they're already pulling the trigger, I would think that they might have gone for a settlement and were turned down.

Dave Wood the guy who owns AMS Staff Leasing owns the team. Josh Hernandez's Dr Moon's Rage car is owned by Tommy Lipar and this year (well actually last year) both Wood and Lipar joined together to create AMS RAGE Racing. So they actually own the car as well as sponsor it.

I just hope that all the parties involved in this make it out ok once this is all over and done with.

"...... driven by Critchley, who had an "unsafe driving record,"

That part should be easily destroyed. I'm assuming they're referring to the drunk driving conviction. He had an "unsafe driving record" when he was intoxicated. I believe he gave blood samples that tested clean right after this accident.

"...... driven by Critchley, who had an "unsafe driving record,"

That part should be easily destroyed. I'm assuming they're referring to the drunk driving conviction. He had an "unsafe driving record" when he was intoxicated. I believe he gave blood samples that tested clean right after this accident.
Not necessarily, unfortunately. The lawyers will say that he in some way lacked judgement.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the father of the victim though. We don't know the whole story, and a blood sucking lawyer might have gotten to him when he was vulnerable. I read somewhere that lawyers like to strike at the "anger" part of the grief stage for that very reason.

I hope it turns out for the best, that all of the parties involved will find comfort.

Dave Wood the guy who owns AMS Staff Leasing owns the team. Josh Hernandez's Dr Moon's Rage car is owned by Tommy Lipar and this year (well actually last year) both Wood and Lipar joined together to create AMS RAGE Racing. So they actually own the car as well as sponsor it.

I just hope that all the parties involved in this make it out ok once this is all over and done with.

Justin in the Other AMS Lawsuit thread(lol) I was told that Tommy Lipar sold out to Dave Woods? Not sure if that's the case, but If he's no longer a Partner in the team can he still be mentioned in the lawsuit?

Justin in the Other AMS Lawsuit thread(lol) I was told that Tommy Lipar sold out to Dave Woods? Not sure if that's the case, but If he's no longer a Partner in the team can he still be mentioned in the lawsuit?

Not sure Joe. I thought it was a partnership but Dave might have bought the whole operation and just named it AMS Rage Racing. I dont know for sure. If Tommy did in fact sell out completely then I dont know how he could be involved but who knows. If I remember correcty Josh is Tommy's nephew.

It's gonna get stupider, you can bet your butt every company that has a sponsor sticker on the car will be named in the suits, thats how lawyers work. They will find a ton of companies a percentage at fault. Everybody will have to defend they're company if they had anything to do with it or not.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back