And Now This.... (1 Viewer)

Be careful what you ask for guys... This is a tragic event but in the wrong hands things may go farther than you think.
1. All racing engines may never be started outside of a race track.
2. To display a race car will require a permit.
3. To own a race car will require a special permit.
4. on and on and on

I don't know who remembers when JFK jr crashed his plane into the ocean but mayor Rudy stated that "all small planes should be banned from flying at night and around NYC at all." And this was Pilot error.

All I am saying is "it is a tragic event and the people affectted will NEVER get over it." but, be careful what you willing to give up because of it......

..............Until this tragedy, I had never even heard of 'exhibition burnouts' being done anywhere but on a drag strip.............................For those who may be thinking, "sure Jackee, hindsight is always 20/20', I will say that if I had ever heard of 'exhibition burnouts', in close proximity to the general public, I can assure you that I would be saying the very same thing before a tragedy took place.......................

Sure Jackee, you never heard of 'exhibition burnouts' being done anywhere but on a drag strip, sure Jackee............................go ahead and tell me you were under a rock when this went down!

You were a Mater last May, why weren't you preaching to everyone then?

YouTube - JEG's Week Burnout

You made some extremely good points above, but come down off of your soapbox!:D

..Until this tragedy, I had never even heard of 'exhibition burnouts' being done anywhere but on a drag strip. Any professional drag racing driver and his/her crew should not even think about participating in such an event because of the potential harm and devastation that can take place if/when something goes wrong....

Jackee... Not pointing out our ages, but I'm sure you remember the Broadway Freddie F/C burnout at Coney Island, back in the days when you (and I, for that matter) were running up and down the East Coast...

ADD: Lance- They really threw NHRA under the bus on that video just by the association on-camera, didn't they!!! :eek:

Last edited:
I read on AMSpromods.com that Troy is done with NHRA racing in '07! I wonder if the AMS team will still compete in the AMS Pro mod series???

My thoughts may offend some, but I'm going to share them anyway......

"Exhibition burnouts" do not belong on public streets or anywhere except on a dragstrip where there are barriers between the cars and spectators. To refer not once, but 3 times to the Selmer Police doing this or that, is a veiled attempt to displace responsiblitity in my opinion. "The team is cooperating with the State of Tennessee and is currently investigating a number of factors that may have contributed to the accident including crowd control, safety precautions and the preparation and condition of the roadway" is yet another attempt at deflecting the personal accountablity for this accident, in my opinion.

Here's the facts;

1. a professional drag racing driver & crew know the power of his/her automobile
2. a professional drag racing driver & crew know that anything can happen at high speeds
3. a professional drag racing driver & crew know the destruction an out of control vehicle can cause
4 a police chief,police department, city officials, event coordinators do not necessarily comprehend the above realities.

Until this tragedy, I had never even heard of 'exhibition burnouts' being done anywhere but on a drag strip. ........

Hmmm Jackee...
Did you post this after Clay did his burnout in Memphis, or Jeg did his in Columbus? Yes, correct, there were no deaths at this event.....but the possiblility was there.....After all...

1. a professional drag racing driver & crew know the power of his/her automobile
2. a professional drag racing driver & crew know that anything can happen at high speeds
3. a professional drag racing driver & crew know the destruction an out of control vehicle can cause
4 a police chief,police department, city officials, event coordinators do not necessarily comprehend the above realities.

Hmmm Jackee...
Did you post this after Clay did his burnout in Memphis, or Jeg did his in Columbus? Yes, correct, there were no deaths at this event.....but the possiblility was there.....After all...

Ummmm Don..... as I stated a few times in my response to the press release, I had not even heard of an 'exhibition burnout' other then at a drag strip. So, the simple answer to your question is..... No. If I had heard about anyone else doing this, you can rest assured I would have posted the same information as above.

What is your point? My issue with this dangerous and potentially deadly 'exhibition' remains the same regardless of who is performing it or the consequences of doing it.

And to quote you, "the possibility was there".

Ummmm Don..... as I stated a few times in my response to the press release, I had not even heard of an 'exhibition burnout' other then at a drag strip. So, the simple answer to your question is..... No. If I had heard about anyone else doing this, you can rest assured I would have posted the same information as above.

What is your point? My issue with this dangerous and potentially deadly 'exhibition' remains the same regardless of who is performing it or the consequences of doing it.

And to quote you, "the possibility was there".

Once again Jackee...your points are all accurate and correct. For someone to question your post suggests a defense of what happened to create that tragedy.

Here's my prediction; the only people who will attempt to defend the planning of this event are the very few die-hard Pro Mod fans out there. Everyone involved in this event...AMS, Troy, the team owner, the City, the Police will all be charged in some manner and every one of them will be named in the enormous law suits that will be filed. Once Justice has been served, Pro Mods as we've known them will be relegated to back woods tracks with no organization backing them...they'll all be broke from the lawsuit settlements.

Once again Jackee...your points are all accurate and correct. For someone to question your post suggests a defense of what happened to create that tragedy.

Here's my prediction; the only people who will attempt to defend the planning of this event are the very few die-hard Pro Mod fans out there. Everyone involved in this event...AMS, Troy, the team owner, the City, the Police will all be charged in some manner and every one of them will be named in the enormous law suits that will be filed. Once Justice has been served, Pro Mods as we've known them will be relegated to back woods tracks with no organization backing them...they'll all be broke from the lawsuit settlements.

Nevermind........I dont think there is anything I can write that you could even possibly comprehend.

I just hope, heaven forbid, that something never goes awry while any of the pro stock teams are scuffing new tires in their parking lots. That could be the end of pro stock as we know it.

I'm glad this situation is so clear and in black and white to some of you. I wish I had your vision and wisdom.

Didn't Force do a burnout behind Leno's studio? Hindsight is 20/20, and this is just one of those situations where no matter how hard you wish, you can't have a do-over. Just a bad deal all the way around. The only thing I can say is that was waaay to aggressive of a burnout considering people were out in the open.

I just hope, heaven forbid, that something never goes awry while any of the pro stock teams are scuffing new tires in their parking lots. That could be the end of pro stock as we know it.

I'm glad this situation is so clear and in black and white to some of you. I wish I had your vision and wisdom.

If something does go awry while scuffing in Pro Stock tires in their parking lots, there won't be several hundred defenseless people standing around to take the blunt of the car hitting them. Geeezzz...

I'm sorry you can't see the forest for the trees.

If something does go awry while scuffing in Pro Stock tires in their parking lots, there won't be several hundred defenseless people standing around to take the blunt of the car hitting them. Geeezzz...

I'm sorry you can't see the forest for the trees.

All it takes is one person to be hurt, not hundreds.

But my point is that I see the forest, it's just that I don't judge all of the trees contained within based on that one withered old pine. (since you seem to be a fan of the simile)

Lawsuit, charges or not, Promods are here to stay. They still sell guns, cars and all kinds of poisons today. Everyone faces risk daily, what happens in Selmer will not have much affect on our sport at all.

Question....you roll or do you use a bong?

Jackee...My fault….I do apologize, I see where you wrote that now…
I guess I wasn’t thinking as I assumed most people who follow the sport knew about the non-drag strip burnouts that Clay did on the streets in Memphis and Jeg did in Columbus. I am sure that if one did the research, they would find where this sort of thing has been done countless times…all without incident.

Based on reading some of these posts, I think some people (not mentioning any names) would not write as harsh about a child rapist/murderer…or even a terrorist as they have about Troy, and to a certain extent, the promoter and the law enforcement agencies.

Gee, hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I just wonder how much the people involved would give if they could turn back the clock a week and be there in Selmer watching DOT unload and set up some temporary concrete construction barriers.

I am not trying to justify, rationalize or defend what happened, but I sure as heck do not see what good it will do by making an example out the people involved….heck the example has been made.

How many times has anyone on here done something again and again without incident…only to do it once again and something happens….someone gets hurt or something breaks?

We all have mistakes (accidents) and we all should learn from it. The ones that do not learn from a mistake are the ones that are dangerous….not Troy.

Remember, when you point you finger at someone, there are three pointing at you.

Lawsuit, charges or not, Promods are here to stay. They still sell guns, cars and all kinds of poisons today. Everyone faces risk daily, what happens in Selmer will not have much affect on our sport at all.

You're right, the cars are here to stay. After the lawsuits are settled there won't be an association to organize them. They'll be flying solo...that's my point, and my prediction.

No need to get testy...just give it time and see if I'm right or wrong. Like I said in an earlier post, if I'm wrong I'll admit it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back