Please, pray for and help the Scouts families (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Just north of where I live, in Little Sioux Iowa, 4 Boy Scouts have died (this is not confirmed as of 10:30 news) because of a tornado, and at least 30 to 40 more are injured.

I will post more as I get word from the news.

The Midwest is flooding bad, and for those that know, these flood numbers are greater than 1993 when Des Moines had no water for 3 weeks due to flooding.

This may be the worst tornado season ever, with Parkersberg and New Hartford Iowa being completely destroyed. Off the map.

Crops, homes, towns have been destroyed. Now children.

If anyone wants to help, I can point you towards assistance sites when they get them listed on tv.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Greg, I concur that prayers and assistance is greatly needed here. This entire region has suffered more than we know and will yet be recovering for a long time. We can all contribute in one way or another. It's a shame about these Boy Scouts. All three of my sons are Eagle Scouts and have spent many uncomfortable nights in unique situations. This is far worse than we ever experienced.

On a side note, for the religious Maters, if these aren't signs of the last days, I can't imagine what they are looking for. "Earthquakes in diverse places-floods-famines-wars-rumors of war, etc." It's time to be prepared!

It sure isnt a good year. Prayers go out to the Scouts, and their families & friends.

Boy Scouts
Pack 511
Burlington,Mass

On a side note, for the religious Maters, if these aren't signs of the last days, I can't imagine what they are looking for. "Earthquakes in diverse places-floods-famines-wars-rumors of war, etc." It's time to be prepared!

.......we were talking about this today at work :eek:

.......we were talking about this today at work :eek:
Actually, I was hoping that Sioux City, Omaha, and Iowa Maters, regardless of religion, might contribute, assist and think of how the kids could use assistance rather than religion..

If you want to do a flood, famine religious thread make your own.

I care about the families that are affected in NW Iowa right now. Whatever their beliefs.

I have given 2 employees 2 days off paid, (actually what ever they need), I gave one authorization on a company job number for vehicles and food, and donated 2 rental vans, (from travel perks of mine), to go see what they can do to assist. Prayers are nice and we all appreciate them right now

But....

We need sandbags, right now.

Last edited:
I was on the phone with my dad last night when the news broke about the tornado hitting the Boy Scout ranch. You guys are in my prayers. I can't believe what Iowa has gone through the past several weeks. Since my family still lives in C.R. I still pay a lot of attention to what's going on back home. I wish I was back home so I could help do some sandbagging at the least. I lived in a house in Czech Village on 15th Ave SW about 10 years ago with 3 friends (typical party house) just a block from the museum and from what I can tell it's probably flooded now. I was working at Amana in 1993 so I remember that flood very well. I just can't believe that things are even worse now than they were back then. All of my fellow Iowans are in my thoughts.

Greg, let me know what we can do here in south central Nebraska to help. I work for Allmand Bros. Co. here in Holdrege in a position of some authority, and the company is extremely benevolent and socially concious--we have sent light towers free of charge many times to earthquake and flood and hurricane stricken areas. Let me know if there is anything I can do, and I'll try to get something going here, at the very least a fundraiser or something. Hang in there man, and thanks for all you have done so far.

Terry

My nephew is a Cub Scout in Florida, and they are ALWAYS on retreats, camping etc etc. My nephew loves it, and even though he is only 10, he can't wait to be a Boy Scout and is already talking about being an Eagle Scout.

I can't imagine what those families in Iowa and surrounding states are going through.

Thanks Terry.
I am not involved with any of the scouts that were up there, but some of the kids were from here in Omaha. And some of my co-workers have kids that are scouts, but didn't know any of the boys.

I guess we will all just wait to see what we can do. They have locally asked volunteers to stay away for right now.

Thanks to everyone.

. . .If you want to do a flood, famine religious thread make your own.

I care about the families that are affected in NW Iowa right now. Whatever their beliefs.

Then You Post This????

Terry, you are in the same state as me heh.

If you are going to do a "what State are you from post why not start another thread . . .

. . . or just lighten up about others commiserating appropriately along the theme of the thread as they so choose.

If you are going to do a "what State are you from post why not start another thread . . .

. . . or just lighten up about others commiserating appropriately along the theme of the thread as they so choose.
Obviously I mistook the gist of the post. Since I grew up in Iowa, and now live in Omaha, I wasn't sure if he knew that.

That was all I was doing.

Greg, I will send prayers, but you might contact your local AT&T offices, the Pioneer volunteers maybe able to assist if they aren't already. It is a pretty proactive group of people.

Greg, at the risk of screams of hijack, I just wanted to explain that my friends from Omaha and Lincoln always refer to the rest of the state as "outstate Nebraska". Of course we of the cornfield and sandhills really appreciate that moniker. On a more serious note, I am in Lincoln visiting my son and he was just telling me there are several grass roots drives going to round up blankets, canned goods, etc for those left homeless by the storms. And be sure to let us know if there is anything we of the center part of the state can do to help!

Horrible tragedy! My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of all involved!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back