Critchley/AMS lawsuit (1 Viewer)

The first of many, I'm sure!

In reading the basis for the claims it is obvious that they are going after everyone for any possible reason to ensure the likelihood of winning!

Beyond the loss of lives and the injuries, what makes it even more sad is that these lawsuits will destroy a charity that has done a lot of good through the years.

I think the Days of AMS involved in this sport could be numbered! Dave Wood and Tom Lipar will be Nailed to the wall financially on this deal.

Seems odd, the local and state police aren't mentioned.

As one who usually takes the side of the defendent, this is one of the few cases where (IMHO) someone has to pay. First guy to the courthouse is probably worried (rightly so) that there aren't going to be enough assets available to take care of all the plaintiffs.

As one who usually takes the side of the defendent, this is one of the few cases where (IMHO) someone has to pay. First guy to the courthouse is probably worried (rightly so) that there aren't going to be enough assets available to take care of all the plaintiffs.

I agree - why isn't the state of Tennessee and the city of Selmer listed. While they may not have given a permit - the sanctioned the event 'De facto' by allowing it and providing crowd control

I'm guessing but they will probably be sued in a separately. Usually you have to go through a process of filling a claim against the government entity and then being denied/settled before you can sue a city, state etc. The law/procedure will vary from state to state.

"failing to make sure the car was in proper working order and allowing it to be driven by Critchley, who had an 'unsafe driving record'"

I can't stomach much more of this. I hope some of this money gets donated back to the charity that this was all for in the first place.

If the law suits don't put AMS out of business the lawyers to defend themselves will. NO Winner but the lawyers. Money will not bring back the lost souls and the families will hurt forever. NHRA I think only have a year to year contract with AMS. I am sure they would like to put some distance between themself and AMS at this point. I would not be shock to see Pro Mod go away unless somebody steps up to sponsor the whole thing like AMS has done.

The real shame is the people that work through AMS Staff Leasing that may lose their jobs when or if the company goes under. They had nothing to do with the cars or the event and yet they will also be a victim of this tragic event.

Very Sad.

Last edited:
"failing to make sure the car was in proper working order and allowing it to be driven by Critchley, who had an 'unsafe driving record'"

I can't stomach much more of this. I hope some of this money gets donated back to the charity that this was all for in the first place.

Andy,

I agree. I sympathize with the families during this time...but the organizer lost his kid and was trying to do something to support his community and people in need and he gets crapped on. That sucks!!!!

great post i agree. my heart go out to the families but money will not bring back your loved one!

The real shame is the people that work through AMS Staff Leasing that may lose their jobs when or if the company goes under. They had nothing to do with the cars or the event and yet they will also be a victim of this tragic event.

Very Sad.

And I'd be willing to bet that every other sponsor of an NHRA drag team is looking at this and thinking "Can we really be held liable for one of our sponsored driver's negligence, just because our company's name is on the side of the car?"

This could have far reaching implications to all future sponsorship contracts. Bottom line, if a race car with a large company's logo all over it gets into any liable situation, the lawers are going to go after the company with the biggest logo on the car first. What a shame...

Alot of you here are bummed about the lawsuits but what about the lives that were lost?
Every one of those that parished expected to go home after the charity event and continue w/ life....
Due to negligence (which will be proven) many lives were interupted due to the events held by that non-profit charity....
Do not be upset w/ the lawyers...they did not kill anyone....
If my children were there as guests and they were injured/killed by a drag race vehicle I would be pissed/saddened and go after each and everyone of those involved....And everyone here would probably do the same...
There is a saying in law "There is no justice...only compensation" w/ this situation....
And after seeing the video it is very obvious that the driver stayed on the throttle way too long.....

To Wayne..."the real shame is the people who work through w/ AMS staff leasing may lose their jobs"

Are you friggen crazy????
LIVES were lost...who cares about AMS or Pro Mod employees @ this point...

Alot of you here are bummed about the lawsuits but what about the lives that were lost?
Every one of those that parished expected to go home after the charity event and continue w/ life....
Due to negligence (which will be proven) many lives were interupted due to the events held by that non-profit charity....
Do not be upset w/ the lawyers...they did not kill anyone....
If my children were there as guests and they were injured/killed by a drag race vehicle I would be pissed/saddened and go after each and everyone of those involved....And everyone here would probably do the same...
There is a saying in law "There is no justice...only compensation" w/ this situation....
And after seeing the video it is very obvious that the driver stayed on the throttle way too long.....

Lawyers do everything they can to sway folks into suing that's for sure! They don't call them ambulance chasers for nothing!

Anyone else seeing the ad for auto- injury lawyers and advice on the top of this page?? Kinda strange.I was working outside for 8 hrs in the 93degree heat so I may be seeing things.

Last edited:
To Wayne..."the real shame is the people who work through w/ AMS staff leasing may lose their jobs"

As horrific as the accident that claimed 6 souls is, do you really believe that AMS caused it???

AMS did not cause the accident...but they chose to display their colors w/ some people that caused the accident....

Very few lawyers are big time head hunters (my wife is ESQ) and many/most laws and passages that benefit the American people on a daily basis were finalized on the behalf of attorney's....
My wife's firm keeps utility companies in check w/ laws and rights for the average consumer...very boring...unless you could see what EDISON/IDACORP/DWP in So Calif/ETC would like to charge for electricity and companies that supply natural gas potential charges...
We only here about the negative lawsuits....as the good for the average American lawsuits by most ESQ's go unnoticed...
Look @ White House/Congress/Senate...they are full of attorney's....

What Wayne was probably trying to say is hundreds may lose their jobs or be affected through absolutely no fault of their own, but then again, those kids lost their lives through no fault of their own........it's just an awful thing to happen to everyone involved and there will be far-reaching implications that we cannot even begin to imagine right now. It's like we're all trying to say something to kind of put the whole thing in some sort of perspective that we can wrap our heads around and say that there is some good going to come of this horrific accident, but I can't think of one damn thing that will turn out to be positive about this situation.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back