AA/FD Boycott? (1 Viewer)

This was absolutely a brillant move!

Didnt get 20 top fuel cars like the promoter claimed

Pissed the very people that give you the only series you have to run

Certainly didnt hurt BG any.

Justin, the gur who started rear engine top fuel is alive and well. He runs the Bakersfield track and his name is Blake Bowser.

With as many spectators and participants (stands packed on both sides) that showed up at Bowling Green,NHRA will only sit on their hands and see more Top Fuelers show up next year.
Just curious though,how was the spectator count for the St Louis Top Fuel deal ?

With as many spectators and participants (stands packed on both sides) that showed up at Bowling Green,NHRA will only sit on their hands and see more Top Fuelers show up next year.
Just curious though,how was the spectator count for the St Louis Top Fuel deal ?
300 people from what I read..

Around 30 years ago, more or less, NHRA T/F was at the point where the Nat'l event shows had 8 car fields. Garlits was one of those who turned T/F around & it came back to full fields. I see Nostalgia T/F in the same place today. We need another Garlits in this class.

Based on the reports give on Facebook, everyone was pleased and satistfied with the outcome at both BG and St. Louis.

Cliff, there are more cars being built and resurected here on the west coast. I'm sure its the same in the midwest too.

Two more cars are coming to the class, and possibly by the end of the year. Legendary AA/FA teams Nanook and Panic will be adding pipe racks to their stables.

Kyle Hough, driver of the Nanook bought Butch Blair's Fugowie fueler.

287624863_5079198075467501_5981070477179423405_n.jpg

Panic's Shawn Van Horn purchased John Blanchard's Nitro NASDAQ car.

289307484_10219996788539779_7685679400887736369_n.jpg

Yes, it is the same car, but the photos you offer are a earlier version of th chassis. I could be wrong about that.

There is a third car being built out here in CA and should be ready by next year. I know of some others out there that want to get involved, but haven't heard of much movement. Because the class now goes under the 6 second range, they're required to have the auto shut-off thingy that deploys the chutes and other things like carbonfiber brakes.

Last edited:
Yes, it is the same car, but the photos you offer are a earlier version of th chassis. I could be wrong about that.

There is a third car being built out here in CA and should be ready by next year. I know of some others out there that want to get involved, but haven't heard of much movement. Because the class now goes under the 6 second range, they're required to have the auto shut-off thingy that deploys the chutes and other things like carbonfiber brakes.
Thanks Mike, I got side-tracked at work this morning and forgot to finish my thought.

Those rules made some previous car owners to back away from the class. Now there's new interest in the class.

I had not seen this video. Thought they put on a good show. Little A/FD mixing it up with the AA/FD. Was sad there were so few spectators.

I had not seen this video. Thought they put on a good show. Little A/FD mixing it up with the AA/FD. Was sad there were so few spectators.
Racing in front of a crowd is one of the biggest reason some racers race with NHRA. No other racing series other than NHRA or NPK draw a crowd. If a FC Chaos, PDRA or MWDRS came to a track near me I would definitely go.

It's a Les Mayhew video. His day job is working for the NHRA running a video camera. He is responsible for most of the bad ass NTF footage for at least the last 15 years. Check out his old and new YT channels for more goodies...

NitroAmerica

Nitro America

Here is an unpublished video he did focusing on Micheal Anderson's first race (the St. Louis event) as a NTF driver/owner in a brand new car.

Watch this week's episode of Kings Of The Sport, and you will get some more details.

Michael Anderson and Bryan Hall were talking about the AAFC class running at some of the NHRA national events. They thought about what would be the most meaningful way for the AAFD class to do something similar. The Big Go, of course! So, Anderson and I are working on some media stuff. He is shaking some trees. And we are going to try to get the fuelers to Indy for a one off special race.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back