Teams boycotting?? (1 Viewer)

If they actually follow through this could be an interesting year for drag racing... Whether or not you like the idea of a countdown you have to admit the way its been handled is less than ideal...

CJ Curtsinger

Hmmm, before I go too crazy booking my race trips for 2008, I might wait to see how the first couple events play out.

At Indy the year the annoucned the countdown I was talking to a prominant former driver who also hated the idea. He said then if they didn't unload the cars for the first qualifying session then nhra would easily listen and undo the mistake.

Not sure if they trust each other enough to do such a thing but I would love it if they did.

Makes me wonder as the schedules that are out so far still don't mention thew countdown or when any cutdowns are. Am I allowed to be hopeful yet?

I wonder if this is the final straw that will convince Evan Knoll to go ahead and purchase the IHRA. This could get real interesting.:D

Last edited:
I wonder if this is the final stray that will convince Evan Knoll to go ahead and purchase the IHRA. This could get real interesting.:D

Even if he did purchase IHRA, what would he have? It would still be a 2nd tier racing series......no offense intended.....to the "Big Show". He's got tons of money, but I don't think he would put himself in that position. He's having too much fun runnin' all these cars. Sooooo many things would have to happen (TV package, expanded fields, etc.) for the big show cars to defect to the other side. Just my .02..........

Late................Mitch

Even if he did purchase IHRA, what would he have? It would still be a 2nd tier racing series......no offense intended.....to the "Big Show". He's got tons of money, but I don't think he would put himself in that position. He's having too much fun runnin' all these cars. Sooooo many things would have to happen (TV package, expanded fields, etc.) for the big show cars to defect to the other side. Just my .02..........

very true, but someone has to take that first step. Why not the guy who sponsors a big chunk of the classes

I don't have any facts and hate speculation but what if Evan purchased the IHRA and it ended up becoming the premier division? After all, Rome wasn't built in a day and didn't fall in a day. I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'. :)

Last edited:
When a show like PINKS ALL OUT draws more spectators and more viewers than either the IHRA or NHRA with 10.50 bracket cars racing, it shows there is huge room for improvement for both those organizations in marketing and presentation.

When a show like PINKS ALL OUT draws more spectators and more viewers than either the IHRA or NHRA with 10.50 bracket cars racing, it shows there is huge room for improvement for both those organizations in marketing and presentation.

I was shocked when I saw them say that they get 2 million viewers, thats more then the numbers I saw for nhra coverage last time I checked.

I agree both organizations could do a much better job of marketing their respective series, but come on, Aaron. Pinks All Out drawing more of a crowd and more viewers than both organizations???!!!! I'll have more of what you're using, Bra!!!!!!!!! Show me (and everyone else) the stats to back that statement up, please.

I agree both organizations could do a much better job of marketing their respective series, but come on, Aaron. Pinks All Out drawing more of a crowd and more viewers than both organizations???!!!! I'll have more of what you're using, Bra!!!!!!!!! Show me (and everyone else) the stats to back that statement up, please.

I am almost positive that the PINKS shows at Milan and Bristol, both drew the most spectators that either track had ever had for a single day. I think Dallas may have also but am not so sure on that one.

Interesting comments, one thought boycotts work proven fact, the race teams need more purse money fact@cost of racing now has increased more than in relation to return for the average racer, i just had to let 4 employees go at my shop because of cost and diesel fuel is killing me, for once i let go some of the guys at the top instead of always picking on the lower paid employees to make an immediate impack, do you get my drift, too much of our purse money is going to the suits at the top, they should have a base deal and some kind of bonus structure, that's when you start seeing returns
when people are held accountable, based on returns/profits

Wanting to Race in Bama wit tha Boys:confused:

I dont know about Pinks drawing more people than a national event but at Houston this year they packed the place almost like a national event. I heard different numbers with the low at 15k, then 19k, and then I heard 25k. I dont know, but thats alot of spectators to watch something other than a national event.

I dont know about Pinks drawing more people than a national event but at Houston this year they packed the place almost like a national event. I heard different numbers with the low at 15k, then 19k, and then I heard 25k. I dont know, but thats alot of spectators to watch something other than a national event.

Was this a PAID attendance figure? Remember that first big ADRL race at the Rock.....Largest crowd in the history of that facility......oh, yeah....tickets were free. Hell, I would even go to a race like that if it didn't cost anything to get in. Big difference in paying to get in and freebie admission.

Late.............Mitch

I was shocked when I saw them say that they get 2 million viewers, thats more then the numbers I saw for nhra coverage last time I checked.

if NHRA or IHRA was promoted half as heavily as Pinks then maybe they'd get some better numbers...
it seems like every second or third add on SpeedTV is for Pinks (or Unique Whips :rolleyes: )...and when you show a program 5 times a day, 3 or so days a week, even a small number of viewers per show adds up to "impressive" total numbers

Was this a PAID attendance figure? Remember that first big ADRL race at the Rock.....Largest crowd in the history of that facility......oh, yeah....tickets were free. Hell, I would even go to a race like that if it didn't cost anything to get in. Big difference in paying to get in and freebie admission.

Late.............Mitch

Mitch I know I paid to get in, $10 or $15 for 2 days. It was cheap but you had to pay. If there were free tickets I didnt know about them so I dont believe there were. If so, then I either missed the ship or there were only a few of them.

This would not be good. Hopefully the NHRA can address the lack of a purse issue, this has been a long time coming.

Dont remember off hand, but when they ran pinks all out at firebird I think it was free to get in. I think it was free to run too.

Oops, $3.00 in advance, $10 at the gate. Free if you're racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back