AA/FD Boycott? (2 Viewers)

Mike

Nitro Member
This was absolutely a brillant move!

Didnt get 20 top fuel cars like the promoter claimed

Pissed the very people that give you the only series you have to run

Certainly didnt hurt BG any.

Justin, the gur who started rear engine top fuel is alive and well. He runs the Bakersfield track and his name is Blake Bowser.

scratch

Nitro Member
With as many spectators and participants (stands packed on both sides) that showed up at Bowling Green,NHRA will only sit on their hands and see more Top Fuelers show up next year.
Just curious though,how was the spectator count for the St Louis Top Fuel deal ?

T.Smith

Nitro Member
With as many spectators and participants (stands packed on both sides) that showed up at Bowling Green,NHRA will only sit on their hands and see more Top Fuelers show up next year.
Just curious though,how was the spectator count for the St Louis Top Fuel deal ?
300 people from what I read..

Cliff

Nitro Member
Around 30 years ago, more or less, NHRA T/F was at the point where the Nat'l event shows had 8 car fields. Garlits was one of those who turned T/F around & it came back to full fields. I see Nostalgia T/F in the same place today. We need another Garlits in this class.

glofria

Nitro Member
Based on the reports give on Facebook, everyone was pleased and satistfied with the outcome at both BG and St. Louis.

Cliff, there are more cars being built and resurected here on the west coast. I'm sure its the same in the midwest too.

Two more cars are coming to the class, and possibly by the end of the year. Legendary AA/FA teams Nanook and Panic will be adding pipe racks to their stables.

Kyle Hough, driver of the Nanook bought Butch Blair's Fugowie fueler.

287624863_5079198075467501_5981070477179423405_n.jpg

Panic's Shawn Van Horn purchased John Blanchard's Nitro NASDAQ car.

289307484_10219996788539779_7685679400887736369_n.jpg

Cliff

Nitro Member

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
I'm spacing on who originally owned this car..... wait, jack Harris, out of Utah. Was a killer car. Then it was sold to the guy who is selling it now. Don't know if this is the original car, but if so, then it's around 25 years old.
Cliff I was wondering the samething about the AA/FD. If it is Jack Harris AA/FD. I saw it a few times back
in the early 2000's. At Pomona 2001 50th Anniversary Nats and again at Seattle 2005 Goodguys event.

1656074399855.png

2001 Jack won the event
1656074559874.png

1656074589149.png

2005 Seattle

glofria

Nitro Member
Yes, it is the same car, but the photos you offer are a earlier version of th chassis. I could be wrong about that.

There is a third car being built out here in CA and should be ready by next year. I know of some others out there that want to get involved, but haven't heard of much movement. Because the class now goes under the 6 second range, they're required to have the auto shut-off thingy that deploys the chutes and other things like carbonfiber brakes.

Last edited:

glofria

Nitro Member
Yes, it is the same car, but the photos you offer are a earlier version of th chassis. I could be wrong about that.

There is a third car being built out here in CA and should be ready by next year. I know of some others out there that want to get involved, but haven't heard of much movement. Because the class now goes under the 6 second range, they're required to have the auto shut-off thingy that deploys the chutes and other things like carbonfiber brakes.
Thanks Mike, I got side-tracked at work this morning and forgot to finish my thought.

Those rules made some previous car owners to back away from the class. Now there's new interest in the class.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread