DRO Article About Possible Boycott (1 Viewer)

I don't think he's wanting to connect the dots in the way it is meant.

This is NOT about wealthy team owners "whining", it is about fair and equal exposure to ALL sponsors that contribute to the success of this sport. I am pissed at this article!

The way it will work is by several of the heavy hitters sticking together. If the fans don't get what they paid to see, guess what...........they get a refund!!! Solidarity is effective!

This is NOT about wealthy team owners "whining", it is about fair and equal exposure to ALL sponsors that contribute to the success of this sport. I am pissed at this article!

The way it will work is by several of the heavy hitters sticking together. If the fans don't get what they paid to see, guess what...........they get a refund!!! Solidarity is effective!

cool your jets Suzie....i understand why you are upset, but trust me, you are not the first person Burk has pissed off by being "off" ;)

The thing about this article that really gets me is the quote "I mean if you or your team have zero chance of winning the championship, the sad fact is that the viewers at home no longer care about you..." . What a crock!!! There is one team that didn't make the countdown that I really do care about. I am friends with a few people on this team and I am concerned about how they do.

He just doesn't get it.

Dave

cool your jets Suzie....I understand why you are upset, but trust me, you are not the first person Burk has pissed off by being "off" ;)

Sorry Mike, the afterburner is running hot right now. I take great offense to his criticizms of teams that obviously have an impact on the sport. If it was not for them, it would be pretty lean in the ole' NHRA!

I don't care who the team is, I want to know about them. They are doing what 99.9% of us want to do. I have met many of the racers and we may not be "friends", but I do care. I want to hear about the struggles "lower" teams go through (much less Suzy's brothers).
ESPN/NHRA did not cover the races appropriately. A boycott would be good for ALL racers in the long run. JMHO.
Lee
Nitroclovers

It is like having to eat a baloney sandwich at every meal every day for a year! You get sick and tired of hearing ONLY about certain teams! The other teams suffer and so do their sponsors by not getting the coverage they deserve. The end result is that those sponsors don't get their media value out of their investment and they bail out. How in the hell is THAT good for the sport?

It is a shame that the underdogs get kicked by the big boot of some selfish jacka$$es!!!

I agree with Lee. I want to hear about everyone out there in the tour. They are all busting their a$$es and they deserve to be noticed too! How in the hell do they expect to get more sponsors involved if they don't show small operations that have heart and dedication and might be the perfect representitive for their company or product.

I guess you can all tell I AM ONE PISSED OFF "O" right now and Jeff Burk's ridiculous article has me fuming. He is officially on the "boob list" Welcome abord Jeffey boy! You have catapulted yourself to numero uno!!!

Every body blams ESPN for the coverage of the races but NHRA just buys times off them. NHRA produces the shows.

>>>>Suzie O said "about fair and equal exposure to ALL sponsors that contribute"<<

Crazy me, I expect ESPN2 to follow the story.

Sometimes the story is Force's accident, sometimes it's the final strokes of the countdown (contrived as that might be), sometimes it's Doug Kalitta's long overdue win (or the frustration over the dry spell).

If you want exposure for the sponsor you have to go rounds or get the press' attention in some other way (Gueerilla Marketing?)

Put me down for believing a boycott will make thing worse both in the short AND long run.

I agree with Suzie and Lee. I think ESPN focused too much attention on the teams in the countdown but I do pay attention to every team out there and want everyone to do well, if they're in the countdown or not.

I don't see a boycott happening, at least not by the teams that are sponsored by major corporations. Now that might be a different story for a team that's sponsored by a wealthy individual.

Thank you Darr! I see a few letters in his future! Have a great weekend!

Suzie,

Let me know if you get a response from him. I've been waiting over two months now for a reply to an email that I sent Jeff, it's been so long now I don't care. But let him have it Suzie :)

here's a case of jeff burks and even NHRA being out of touch with the fans. As seen here on many posts most of us care about and want to see all the teams on TV. NHRA proudly [and rightfully so] boast about the closeness we all get to the teams because we are allowed in the pits. And because of this we do have contact with and care about all these people. We know how hard they work and we want to follow their progress in every race. I certainly agree that non stop Force coverage or non stop anybody coverage is a net loss to fans and sponsors

I've said it before and I'll say it again, strictly as a Fan...

What If They Gave A Race And Nobody Came?????

It's Not About The NHRA, it's not about ESPN2, It's not About A Countdown or Any Other Type of Points Chase...

It's About The Racing, Stupid! Every Car That Goes down The Track Needs EQUAL Coverage. If you REALLY want to GROW the Sport, It's The Racing... Everything Else is Contrived...

As a FAN, who BUYS TICKETS for Races close enough to attend and wants to see and listen to the races I can't, I want to know how Jim Dunn's car does, every run, I want to know how Bobby G. runs, how Teach does, How the Team K cars are doing.... Every pass...

But, the more things change, the more they stay the same... been working on my next blog for weeks now.... should post sometime this weekend... 30years of the same old from glendora... quoting the publish interviews... with my comments from a fans view...

Think I'm 'more up on the tire' than Suzie Q...

d'kid

I sent Mr. Burke an email stating my position on his article. Here is what I said:

Mr. Burke,

I have been a fan of NHRA drag racing since 1976 and all your article did was make me mad. I felt insulted as a fan. For the record, I am a 64 year old lady who has competed at the local strip.

As far as I am concerned the 2007 Top Fuel champ is Rod Fuller and the Funny Car champ is Ron Capps. I took a wait and see approach to the Countdown at the start of the season. By the end of the season I hated it. I am not alone in my feelings. Most of my drag racing fan friends feel the same.

At the WinterNationals, I felt sorry for all the racers competing since they had to take a back seat to the John and Ashley show. It was like no other racers even existed. ESPN2 went on and on and on and on and on about them. How many different ways could that angle be covered? Since the end of that event I have cheered every time Ashley or her father lost. Of course losing didn't mean that the over-coverage of them stopped. I was truly saddened at the death of Eric and then John's accident but hey, there are other competitors out there and the sport must go on. Amazing how ESPN2 forgot them.

I got so sick of having the Countdown pushed down my throat during every telecast. What really disturbed me as the Countdown was in full swing was how the attention was always on the Countdown people regardless if they won or lost. If a countdown person lost in a round, he/she was interviewed while the non-countdown round winner was COMPLETELY IGNORED. If two countdown drivers were in the same round, both the winner and loser got interviewed. I got so sick of the question, "How do you feel about losing that round?" I wanted to hear from the round WINNER not the round LOSER.

NHRA drag racing is a sport where a fan can have lots of favorite drivers. Most of my favorites ended up not advancing to the Countdown. However, they did win rounds but were completely ignored when they won. How do you think that makes me as a fan feel? I felt very cheated and unhappy. I really don't like the way this is going in the way of sponsorship. The NHRA is losing sponsors at a great rate. I don't think this phony Countdown format is going to lure them back.

Don't know if he will read it but I had to say something. I don't want to see the motorsport that I love with a passion be driven into the ground for some sort of weird Countdown concept.:mad:

Nice Letter Kathleen.

My only question, concern, is that Robert would have been champion and Tony number two... But, we can only say that if Ron and Ace had not gone into test mode because of the countdown...

everything else I'm 100% in agreement...

Looks like I'm sending a letter to JB this weekend Too.

d'kid

Every body blams ESPN for the coverage of the races but NHRA just buys times off them. NHRA produces the shows.

This is incorrect....ESPN Regional Television produces the shows...Sean Murphy, who is an excellent producer, is the man in charge of the telecast.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back