Will there be a Mater Meeting and who's going to the patch? (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
The Hot Rod Reunion is coming up at the Patch and I'm going with Vic who has restored and will be driving the Venny's Vega funny car. Is there going to be a Mater meeting and is anyone here going?

Rich, I'm planning on going. There's a few others on here that will probably be there.
No meetings or anything like that, but might bump into someone by chance.
Maybe I'll see you wearing your Capitol shirt like I did at Pomona and say hey or I'll stop by the pit.

Yeah ...there's always a catch. Actually, I saw Vic's plea for a truck on face book and since we're done racing for the year I told him he could take mine. I was going to go to Vegas but by the end of the conversation I told him I'd go with him instead. I love the nostalgia cars and never been to Bakersfield so here we go!

You are a true gentleman sir... I would like to thank you. Vic is a great guy and even though we don't see eye to eye all the time he never holds it against me..lol If you guys don't know who Vic Miller is check out his thread on Draglist. He has been taking us through his journey of procuring and restoring a genuine piece of drag racing history.. He has done a amazing job of restoring the Veneys Vega.

Vic is a good guy. Known him a few years. Thank you Rich for steppin up.

Bakersfield is a party. My car is down right now, so i'll be the official beer drinker that weekend.

:)

Which Veney car? The injected or the blown swoopy one?

Wish I could be there (Kiddo's last Divisional of the year is the same weekend at Firebird)... Have a ball guys!!

Here are a couple. I think lettering is getting done now (or yesterday).

veney1.jpg

veney2.jpg

I'm sure Vic has a lot more pictures. :)

When cars looked like CARS... You can tell that's a Vega

Nice work guys- took me back for a second there :)

The Hot Rod Reunion Is there going to be a Mater meeting and is anyone here going?

Did this question ever get an answer?

If you like 1320 foot nitro, here's the place to be, with Top Fuel at least five new Nitro Funny Cars making their competition debut:

Dale Van Gundy
Dale-Van-Gundy-along-With-K.jpg

Gary Densham
friday-%286%29-1.jpg

Cruz Pedregon
CruzP-Pisano-NFC.jpg

Claude Lavoie
GA_ClaudeLavoie_TwigZeigler.jpg

You are a true gentleman sir... I would like to thank you. Vic is a great guy and even though we don't see eye to eye all the time he never holds it against me..lol If you guys don't know who Vic Miller is check out his thread on Draglist. He has been taking us through his journey of procuring and restoring a genuine piece of drag racing history.. He has done a amazing job of restoring the Veneys Vega.
Uhhhh..thanks a lot Shane. I just spent 2 hrs going through all 53 pages since Dec '06 and I'm now caught up!!! That is some sweet stuff. And the updates Vic did all this time is a keeper. That '72 Veney Vega rocks. And through the middle of it he just about sold it!! :eek:

Glad it's all working out. He's also getting the '75 Veney as well from what I read. Long but awesome read..seeing the progress and all.

Sigh! I'm so jealous. Went to the 15th at the patch. Gotta go again. Maybe next year? Gonna make it my goal to get a bunch of guys from here and fly out and back. The reunion at Bowling green is great, but it ain't Bakersfield.

See you all there. Its going to be another great reunion. Let me know what time and where on the mater meeting.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back