Gainseville help and and a mater meeting suggestion (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
This will be my dad and I's 3rd year going to the gators. Last two times were great but we're still learning our way around town.

With that, here's some questions and a suggestion for a mater meeting....

1. Anyone know a good diner other than the Waffle House? Good place but the waits can get crazy!!

2. Anyone been to the chinese restaurant "ChopStix Cafe?" I'm heard good things about it, but anyone here ever try it?

3. Last year, my dad was saying we should have a mater meeting at the Ale House, like on Friday night. G-ville does not have night qualifying anyway, so it's not like it would be too late.

4. This year, we're staying for some testing action on Monday. What tickets do you use to get in? Also, how approachable are drivers and crew on testing day? From what I heard, everybody's laid back.

One thing I love doing when we go to the track is sampling the local eats after each race day. This year, we made a plan...

1. Thursday: Sushi Matsuri (quaint little place on Archer Rd, one of the best sushi places I've tried).
2. Friday: Ale House.
3. Saturday: Satchel's Pizza.
4. Sunday: Undecided.
5. Monday: ChopStix.

The Ale House is always good. How about Harry's? Or maybe Applebee's? Testing is FREE!!!! We have went the last 4 years. The drivers are approachable, if their not busy. Tony Schumacher actually asked me if I wanted a pic with him. He was doing an interview and I was just standing there holding my camera(I had 2 left and was waiting to get 1 with Brandon!). After he was done he asked me if I wanted a picture, he took my camera and was looking for someone to snap it. About that time the hubby walked around the corner and Tony says to him "Hey can you take a pic for us"! It was kinda funny it happened to be my husband. That's how small the crowds are. I have also gotten pics with Brandon. I also got autograghs from Doug Herbert and a few others. As long as you stay out of the staging lanes and starting line area you can hang out all day. They usually run until 6:00pm.

man i wish i could be there, ive only been to gainseville once, in 06 when i went to frank hawlys school, but its a great city, everything in the world is on archer road! have fun and take lots of pics!

The Ale House is always good. How about Harry's? Or maybe Applebee's? Testing is FREE!!!! We have went the last 4 years. The drivers are approachable, if their not busy. Tony Schumacher actually asked me if I wanted a pic with him. He was doing an interview and I was just standing there holding my camera(I had 2 left and was waiting to get 1 with Brandon!). After he was done he asked me if I wanted a picture, he took my camera and was looking for someone to snap it. About that time the hubby walked around the corner and Tony says to him "Hey can you take a pic for us"! It was kinda funny it happened to be my husband. That's how small the crowds are. I have also gotten pics with Brandon. I also got autograghs from Doug Herbert and a few others. As long as you stay out of the staging lanes and starting line area you can hang out all day. They usually run until 6:00pm.

I figured Ale House because I have a thing for their mini burgers :D (not to mention many racers and crew go there) but I'm open to anything. And thanks for the info on testing day.

We like to go to different places each night. We meet with our friends from wisconsin on Thursday and have an early dinner. We have done Applebees also, usually Friday. We have been wanting to go to the Ale House but haven't yet. We are going this year, though. There is also a cool little Irish pub that our friends from Wisconsin took us to. That was a nice little place with cold beer!!! I remember Capps saying in "Winner's Circle" last year, "Party at Gainesville Ale House tonight"!!! This is the only race I get to go to(for now!!) so we get as much of a nitro fix as we can!!!!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back