Mater Meetings in Topeka (1 Viewer)

ch3no282

Nitro Member
Hey fellow maters Topeka is this weekend and I was wondering what the plan was for a Mater meeting. Who's all going. Ill be there Friday first thing in the morning.:)

Syop by and say Hi to me- I will be working the MTS (Mail Terminal Services) Mail From Home Kiosk at Fast Jack Beckmans DSR Hospitality Pit:)

I'll be there Friday morning, trying to get a camping spot. I tried to reserve one yesterday over the phone, but was told they had stopped taking reservations. :mad:
Anyone got an idea for when/where to meet?

Also: I just checked the forecast...it's gonna be WARM!! 76 Fri., 88 Sat. and 88 Sunday!! No rain!!

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin! I will be bringing a first timer with me on Friday (girlfriend) I cant wait to see the look on her face when she sees her first pair of nitro cars and gets blessed by the nitro gods!

I'll be there Friday morning, trying to get a camping spot. I tried to reserve one yesterday over the phone, but was told they had stopped taking reservations. :mad:
Anyone got an idea for when/where to meet?

Also: I just checked the forecast...it's gonna be WARM!! 76 Fri., 88 Sat. and 88 Sunday!! No rain!!

Haven't camped in a few years, but it was usually first come first serve. Good luck. Has been raining here for the past week/week and a half. Looks like it will hold off for the weekend! :)

Please stop by and see me and I will make sure she gets some ear plugs!!!!!:eek::eek:
Thanks Kevin! I will be bringing a first timer with me on Friday (girlfriend) I cant wait to see the look on her face when she sees her first pair of nitro cars and gets blessed by the nitro gods!

Haven't been to the big show in pretty near fifteen years (bad experiences with several NHRA workers that left a real bad taste and a new appreciation for rude attitude and self adulation) hopefully the jerks I encountered back then will have gone away to a more suitable work place. Anyway, will be in "the front row" on Sunday only.

next time i'm driving around the zoo @ BIR in some homemade
contraption getting soaked to the bone from heavy rain and having the
time of my life; i'll remember this story and click my heels
and think 'thank goodness i'm not in kansas!' :D

Post-race report...it was great! When I first heard about the relocation, I'll admit I was really disappointed. We had a great reserved spot close to the tunnel entrance, the forecast looked good, and my hopes were high. Mother nature had other plans, though. The campgrounds/parking lots all had standing water in them when we arrived at 8am on Friday...there was no way anyone could camp there, except maybe Aquaman! The Plan B that Heartland Park came up with was perfect...some areas at Forbes were muddy but passable, but our lot was paved. We never had a problem getting a shuttle bus, and riding the buses was even fun - our favorite bus driver, Jennifer, would make a good drag racer!! If you wanted to ride with her, you had better not waste any time getting on the bus or you stand the chance of getting smacked with the door (and spilling your beer). And oh, by the way, the racing was great, too!

Great update, Paul!

As a track..Topeka rocks..great conditions this weekend. As a spectator I loved it (wasn't there this weekend but always plan my deal there).

Glad it worked out. Great facility (and the racers love it).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back