Dallas/Ennis Mater "Meetings" (1 Viewer)

I know it does. :( But several things happened thats just making it not possible.

Sooooo, have a blast, take loads of pictures & have a beer for me. I'll be thinking of you all.

Well, at the last minute I decided that I am going to be there. Can't wait, I haven't been there in a couple of years.

Any Fri or Sat meetings? We'll be there this afternoon, late, and all day tomorrow.

Sunday is a no go. Why do relatives always pick the most inconvenient time to arrive for a visit?

Well I didn't quite make it by 10:00 am yesterday. More like 10:40, but hey! I had done a little driving on Saturday to get to Splendora and back.

Sorry I missed you Mel!

AND I can't believe I was thinking the auction was Friday....it's always Saturday. BRAIN CRAMP! I missed it too. :( How'd it go Alan?

Kelly, Joe & Greg, it was Really great seeing you guys!!! Short visit but nice.

I'm so looking forward to getting the car out in February, racing and hanging with all of you soon.

Take care,
N

Kelly,Justin, Paul, nice meeting you guys (finally!). Greg, nice to see you again!

Kelly, thanks for bringing me the paper plates and bowls, so the guys could stop giving me grief about having more oreo cookies than plates.

Kitty, nice 'meeting' you too! Nice to put a name to the face! I can't believe we've been at the same event so many times and never met!

I'll have to get Tom's camera from him and post the pictures. We had fun at the bracket race, so I'm not gonna say I wish we'd stayed! ;)

Kelly,Justin, Paul, nice meeting you guys (finally!). Greg, nice to see you again!

Kelly, thanks for bringing me the paper plates and bowls, so the guys could stop giving me grief about having more oreo cookies than plates.

Kitty, nice 'meeting' you too! Nice to put a name to the face! I can't believe we've been at the same event so many times and never met!

I'll have to get Tom's camera from him and post the pictures. We had fun at the bracket race, so I'm not gonna say I wish we'd stayed! ;)

Awww... you are welcome! It was great to meet you and Tom! I was gonna ask you about Kennedale. How'd y'all do?

We actually decided on Wichita Falls because of it being closer to home. Saturday we entered the bracket race and the Q32 race but first round Fred busted the transmission in his red dragster so we withdrew one car from the Q32 race. Dad bowed out early in both his races. But Sunday we took the roadster down from the 'rafters' and put my Dad in his roadster and Fred in Dad's black dragster. Dad went a few rounds but Fred broke in the staging lanes...starter drive.

We consider it a blessing in disguise because we were planning on putting the cars back in the trailer and leaving them till the Las Vegas races but now that we know of the problems, we can fix them before the LV races.

Tom was having a hard time wrapping his head around index racing and then we took him to a 1/8th mile bracket to really confuse him. lol, but I think he likes it. He REALLY liked the funny cars though.

Well I didn't quite make it by 10:00 am yesterday. More like 10:40, but hey! I had done a little driving on Saturday to get to Splendora and back.

Yeah, we missed you Sunday morning Kel. Good seeing ya'll again. Sounds like I should have spent more time with all of you and met some more Maters. Oh well, see you in Baytown. After my side trip to Houston, I didn't get home until 2:30 AM. That was after leaving when the second round was over. Judging from the posts I didn't miss much. I tried defending the lanes (lane) to the guys I was sitting near for a while during the first round then gave up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back