Where's Frankie P. (1 Viewer)

Inquiring minds want to know. All of Blomgren's stuff was for sale in the ND. Obviously, a lot of you know a lot more than the rest of us. If it can't be said on this board, where can I find out what's going on? I know it's probably none of my business but I'm a fan and curious about this kind of stuff. Frank's the one who decided to be a public figure in the racing world anyway. You give up a little bit of privacy in order to do that.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone?

Personally, it's my belief that landing one good sponsor will right his ship as well as discredit all the unnecessary smack Frankie has taken in all the bashing threads with the exception of some personal life issues which we all have and would not like taken public.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone?

Personally, it's my belief that landing one good sponsor will right his ship as well as discredit all the unnecessary smack Frankie has taken in all the bashing threads with the exception of some personal life issues which we all have and would not like taken public.

it will take more than landing one good sponsor to right that ship. You need to make things right with the people who have been left holding the bag and have nothing to show for it. It is a sad deal, but after being a "fly on the wall" in what was going on, there is a big hole that was dug, and will take quite a bit to get out from it.

Even with a big pile of money,,, you cannot buy your way out of a bad reputation that was developed before.

It's really too bad, but FP isn't the first guy to mortgage his future to go nitro racing, and end up in a deep hole, and probably won't be the last. I've known guys over the years, who ended up in the "creditor" role, express that once a racer moves up to nitro, it's like taking on a bad drug habit, and some will do anything to keep the nitro burning.

thats why i always said if i won some incredible amount in a lottey , i still wouldn't try to run nitro. you would be broke and bankrupt after 3 years. or at least i would.

It's really too bad, but FP isn't the first guy to mortgage his future to go nitro racing, and end up in a deep hole, and probably won't be the last. I've known guys over the years, who ended up in the "creditor" role, express that once a racer moves up to nitro, it's like taking on a bad drug habit, and some will do anything to keep the nitro burning.

well put, cause that is what happened here. He had some good hired rides, and seeing his brothers succeed on their own, I'm sure there may have been inspiration to shoot for the same. But to do so, it is a huge gamble, and Frank may have gone "all in" to make it happen. Placed his bet, but came up short. But still couldn't bring himself to step away from the table, and got caught up in doing/saying what he had to in order to keep it together.

Nothing new here, as I learned and saw first hand what some would do and say to be out there. I've seen them leave wives and kids just to race. It is really sad how it contributes to making poor decisions where others get screwed in a big way.

I remember when Cruz was faced with going it his own,, I do believe he paced himself and for as much of a risk that he took, he still didn't seem to get overeager and kept working the deals untill he struck gold. For a little more than a couple years he would make a race here, a race there, never seeming to overpromise what he could do or deliver. He even took the gig with a talking head job,, what ever to keep his face out there and intentions known. We know how it has worked out.

About the only way I can see Frank getting back out there is to find a personal sponsor that he can take to an existing team, and buy the ride, much as others have to do now. That could shroud him from those who otherwise would be coming after him to pay up or pay back.

So, maybe I am somewhat corrected,, one sponsor could make a difference for him,,, would'nt so much right the ship, but change the game against those who feel were had by him.

it's like taking on a bad drug habit,

Nitro IS a drug habit, it is a form of chemical addiction,
"a clear liquid instead of white powder"!
Hoover said it best, "it takes the same amount of money to burn Nitro now as it did twenty years ago," , ,
"ALL YOU HAVE "

Nitro can be the most powerful solvent there is, It instantly dissolves bank accounts & marriages ! :)

No way, Lance. I actually just lost every bit of respect for his team after that incident. It was just stupid. That came across as more whiney than sarcastic, which is really what I was going for. :D
That's what I took it as Whiney. I would have laughed my azz off had I got that message................

Nitro IS a drug habit, it is a form of chemical addiction,
"a clear liquid instead of white powder"!
Hoover said it best, "it takes the same amount of money to burn Nitro now as it did twenty years ago," , ,
"ALL YOU HAVE "

Nitro can be the most powerful solvent there is, It instantly dissolves bank accounts & marriages ! :)

POST OF THE YEAR! Every word true, and so appropriate for this situation

it will take more than landing one good sponsor to right that ship. You need to make things right with the people who have been left holding the bag and have nothing to show for it. It is a sad deal, but after being a "fly on the wall" in what was going on, there is a big hole that was dug, and will take quite a bit to get out from it.

Even with a big pile of money,,, you cannot buy your way out of a bad reputation that was developed before.

I have heard rumblings about what happened with the Toyo Tires/Von Dutch deal, but what is the truth? What actually happened?

frankie is alive and well.
i spent last saturday night with the man and we sit and talked and he is still involved with the diversity deal in nascar and owns a one car team in california.
right now he has started a new trucking company and doing pretty good with it.
i would say within the next couple of weeks you will see frank racing.
but it wont be in a straight line or on pavemant?
when it happens for sure and is a done deal i will post something.
oh by the way. if you have never met the man and spent time with him ..dont be too quick to judge the person.

Terry, Thanks for the info Is his stuff still for sale and how much? There was a guy on here asking about it.

I'm not judging the man, but the cashed checks will. And I've not met the man, but did listen to the message he left on the phone regarding the cashed checks, and that was enough to suggest that he has some serious issues.

So, will you be giving us all an update on his racing, and if you know the car is in the shop, is that because you saw it, or he told you.

I know the equipment that he was using for the funny car belonged to Bill Blomgren,, and that is straight from the horses mouth. As to his dealings with Frank and Him, that is their business, but plenty know all about it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back