What's The Best Paint Job You've Ever........ (2 Viewers)

Seems that everyone loves the PRO cars....real sweet work out there for sure...

Anything that has an "O" in it's paint scheme is tops in my book....ALL the "O" funny cars are bitchin'.....

KB

I was inspired by Toliver's Spy vs. Spy Funny Car in 1998. The Mad Magazine car was very cool also.

Jim

Last edited:

...pro mod entry Joker's Wild crashed and burned during testing at Texas Raceway. The paint was an astronomical price tag that I can't remember. Had a mean looking clown on it holding a hand of cards with flake and plenty of graphics. Chutes deployed alright but jerked rear end around. What a shame beautiful 63 corvette...

Are you talkin' about this guy?
Joker01.jpg

The best I ever saw was the Gold Hurst Olds Convertible with LINDA VAUGHN sitting on it :D

Na... Best Paint Job was Pam Hardy's Shorts... and let's not even talk about the 'cut-offs' :D

I always thought Chuck Etchell's blue Trans Ams of the early 90's were the best looking funny car paint combos I have seen to date. Great colors, very simple and still my favorite.

Maybe its me... but don't this thread belong in the "Lounge".. Sure its great to talk about paint jobs, and graphics, even Rice Rocket neon lights....but here in the RACING section ? I'm willing to talk on any subject, but I think this section is RACING not about paint... Where did Hangman go ? It was a fun subject..

I wonder if NHRA has fixed the timing light problem that they had a 2 of "Their" tracks?

Sorry for the hijack...

This may come as a surprise to some of you, but I think the BME TF car is absolutely beautiful. There's something about gloss black that just looks awesome & Don Long put some really nice touches on the chassis as well. It's about as basic as it gets, but it's gorgeous.

Pulde's Warrior

http://www.motorsportunderground.com/Jpage/Webpp/pages/Pulde's%20Somerset.htm

Or, my favorite

Attachments

• moby_dick.jpg
    moby_dick.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 50
There doesn't have to be a winner as we all have our favorites and beauty is in the eye of the beholder !
Even a pure Black or Gray Primer car can hold that distinction to a fan.
Thats great and I can respect that. BUT ! Na NA NA NA!

Oakley's Mad Scientist Scotty Cannon car is leading the Pulde Warrior car [ And to this day I'm a big Pulde fan! ].

Big John is sliding up just behind Mike Ashley's Gotham City cars.
Can Jungle and Pam rise to the occasion or maybe a certain Blue Max machine!

Larry00 in another life!

In no particular order:

Warren Johnson's Refrigerator White Olds Cutlass
KC Spurlock's Fruit of the Loom car
Chuck Peterson's 1969 Chevelle Pro Mod when it was plain yellow.
Travis Swearingen's Junkyard Willys

DSB_5995a.jpg

Thanks to www.competitionplus.com for the pic.

I saw this car in person at Cordova Dragway Park yesterday at the Drag Illustrated Pro Outlaw race. www.dragillustrated.com

They won the race and you have to look at the car for about 15 minutes to notice all of the airbrushed details.

That's easy

(note someone probably has posted this already, but I see this thread is 6 pages long, so.,..)

Dale Pudle/Mike Hamby's War Eagle, Miller sponsored Buick Regal

followed closely by The Jade Grenade...

Or, my favorite
Moby Dick was legendary around here. Ezra's purchased one of his old bodies and frame, rebuilt the car and it's probably ready to go by now. An old friend of mine helped him put it all back together, paint it, etc. I haven't checked in with him for several months... maybe I'll try this week and see if I can get a picture of how it looks now.

As far as the newer ones my faves have been:

All three of the Jungle Jim tribute cars that Gilby ran.
Johnny Gray's Wonder Wagon
Bazemore's Speed Racer

Old School faves are:

Jade Grenade
Any of the Greek's FED's
Candies and Hughes
Jimm Dunn's Rainbow Car

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back