What's The Best Paint Job You've Ever........ (1 Viewer)

NitroRichFire

Nitro Member
OK Maters! What's the best looking paint job you've ever seen on a drag race car. Hmmm, wife's asleep and of course I can't post the picture we have, cause I don't know what I am doing. Have to wait til morning. But I am sure the rest of you "Maters" can do it. Should have taken that computer class.

Hmmm...tough one!! Right now,I'd have to say the SS/AH Barracuda that Bucky Hess owns.I'm into the old school type of paint schemes from the late 60's-early 70's,(pearls,candies,flames etc..)and his car is like that.I know there are more,and I'll have to think,but the Hess car is what came to mind first.

2229575060059223391JaWWjx_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]i agree, big johns cars

Last edited:
1st i have to say all Oakley Funny Cars are my favirote...but hey you all know I was going to say that. So not counting those...below are 2 of the best paint jobs ever in my book. these are the best pics i could find on the net.

Top Fuel Cory Mac's Mac Attack
mac.jpg

Funny Car KC Spurlock Fruit of the Loom Dodge
kc.jpg

All the Oakley cars have been pretty sweet. Got to get Jim to post some pics of the Oakley jet. Very nice!

I remember at Memphis '01, Bruce Sarver had a special paint job on the EMoola car in recognition of the victims of 9/11. Didn't qualify, but won best appearing car. It looked good.

Love the Fruit of the Loom car. Really enjoyed seeing it on the shelves when WalMart sold the die caast funny cars. Always enjoyed the Mad cars too. Both Creasy's and Tolivers'.

1967, Indy, the Smirnoff TF car. I believe the most beautiful dragster ever built. Pearl white paint, blue accents. I've searched and searched for a pic. Can't find any. Most cars today are pretty much just signage and advertising stickers. Click this link, then scroll down, you'll find it. alas, the pics don't do it justice. Just take my word, the most beautiful dragster ever built. Here's another pic.

Last edited:
Damn Jerrod, you read my mind, those are my two faves also. McCullochs Revellution cars were all pretty sharp looking too.

The Kalifornia Charger AA/Fd and their Pinto Floppers
And
All of Mighty Mike VanSant's Invader cars
And
All of Nelson Carter's Superchief cars, including the green Imperial Customs -68 charger...

Doug Palmer's old VooDoo ProMod car was the coolest paint job I've seen on a drag car. He just got it redone but I haven't seen the pictures yet.

VooDoo02.jpg

Doug_Palmer_PM_01.JPG

J Rods right Mad Scientist hands down! My personal favorite was Scotty's version!A/FC the Croc Car.
Pro mod my choices are both local cars but I rate the paint up there with any of them.
Cameron race cars entry Nathan Martin's Bone Collector.

pro mod entry Joker's Wild crashed and burned during testing at Texas Raceway. The paint was an astronomical price tag that I can't remember. Had a mean looking clown on it holding a hand of cards with flake and plenty of graphics. Chutes deployed alright but jerked rear end around. What a shame beautiful 63 corvette.

Scott Gefferon's Nitro fish car is my Pro Stock choice. RIP Scott.

Larry 00 in a previous life!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back