What's The Best Paint Job You've Ever........ (1 Viewer)

My Yeah to Nay Paint Schemes go to CSK Funny Cars. I really liked Del and Frankie P's cars some years ago, but the new CSK Cars? Nay!

Sad that we only go to see the SnakeSkin FC run 1 round of Quals at Indy, and that Worsham's Mountain Dew Green Body was hurt.

Seems that everyone loves the PRO cars....real sweet work out there for sure...

Anything that has an "O" in it's paint scheme is tops in my book....ALL the "O" funny cars are bitchin'.....

KB

Oh yeah, I like the paint on Joker's A/Fuel Dragster.

Joker, you going to be in Seattle this weekend?

Doug Palmer's old VooDoo ProMod car was the coolest paint job I've seen on a drag car. He just got it redone but I haven't seen the pictures yet.

Yeah, Tom. Doug has one of the best-looking cars around, but it just don't seem to get much attention when Toni is around! Go figure!

My favorite, maybe ever, was Donnie Little's Trim Parts Pro Mod Camaro, designed by Greg Ozuko. (if anyone can find a picture, please post it, I have been looking off and on for 2 days!). It was one of the cars that inspired me to start designing paint schemes. Cory Mac's dragster looked awesome back then, and you could put that scheme from 10 years ago on a brand new car and it would still look good. Another scheme that stands the test of time is the Panella design (another Ozubko). It has been on S/M Camaros, a Lumina, a roadster, and a P/S truck and looks good on all of them. There are so many awful paint jobs out there now, none of the corporate ones look very good at all. The last corporate one that I liked much at all was Melanie's Exide car.

Tim

2555147380059223391HVKRgo_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]with me , it's BIG JOHN MAZMANIAN
then its the HAWAIIAN

This version of the Blue Max was my favorite paint job. I also saw Raymond burn this car down at US30 back in the 70's. Have pics somewhere. bOb
mpc-bluemax.JPG

I like all the ones mentioned, and the pictures posted.

But my favorite is John Wiebe's Stars and Stripes front engine digger.

This version of the Blue Max was my favorite paint job. I also saw Raymond burn this car down at US30 back in the 70's. Have pics somewhere. bOb
mpc-bluemax.JPG

gee i built that kit wayyyyyyy back.... believe they also had a dunn cuda that i built too... still miss/like the Fighting Irish Green on Green

gee i built that kit wayyyyyyy back.... believe they also had a dunn cuda that i built too... still miss/like the Fighting Irish Green on Green

Wasn't the Dunn Cuda the rear engine car? I actually saw that car run. I think I have some pictures I took of it at the time, around here somewhere.

Last edited:
Big Jim also had a front motor, direct drive cuda (no Lenco) No Paint, Red Metalflake in the Gelcoat, minimum lettering... one quick mamerjammer, 1000 foot passes.... was screaming like a pig in the lights...
Think the front motor car was before the mid-engine car. If I remember right, it had a Whale motor in it and a AA/FD combo

Last edited:
The Beebe and Mulligan fueler also is one of my favorites,a stunning example of late 60's-early 70's paint.

I also liked Lori John's Jolly Rancher dragster and Eddie Hill's white Texan dragster as well. Dean Scuza Chromolosion Matco Supernationals car that he ran at Houston one year was beautiful as well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back