Vandergriff-Harvick announcement? (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
Just wondering if anyone has heard any more concerning the Vandergriff Harvick alignment that was hinted at at the last race in Las Vegas--seemed to be quite a bit less than the build up leading up to it, and unless I missed something (highly possible) I have heard no more about it--was Harvick just on a tire kicking shopping trip???

That's kind of the impression I was left with after the Vegas race......

I had the same sense. It seemed when he was pressed about anything specific, I remember him essentially saying "Yeah, we're checking it out....."

The nitrogate debacle probably didn't help things along any.

That's not the first time a Nascar racer has expressed an interest in Drag racing, but nothing came of it.

That's not the first time a Nascar racer has expressed an interest in Drag racing, but nothing came of it.

You'd think maybe one would get involved, and that might generate some light bulbs going off in NASCAR heads for some other opportunities..

I headr Bob on sirius Speedway late last week, and he sounded very upbeat about the possibilities, and that he and the Harvicks were working hard to get a deal put together and had serious interest from possible sponsers.

Hope it works out for them. Bob is a nice guy.

I listen to the Nascar Morning Drive on Sirius 128 in the mornings when Howard Stern in on commercial and David Poole makes it sound like it is a done deal with Harvick having a team next year with Vandergriff.

WHY WOULD ANYONE DOUBT BOB?

Hello people, he said he'd be back, and who did he bring with him. If he's says it's big and Harvick is involved, I will take him at his word. Two weeks and there are already nay-sayers? Come on!

Hopefully Bob will get his big win this weekend in the land of the brown.

I've followed Kevin's career since before he took over the 3 car (now 29) after Earnhardt died, and I can tell you this; Delana Harvick is one smart and serious business woman. She's the brains behind all the Harvick's business ventures.

WHY WOULD ANYONE DOUBT BOB?

Hello people, he said he'd be back, and who did he bring with him. If he's says it's big and Harvick is involved, I will take him at his word. Two weeks and there are already nay-sayers? Come on!

Hopefully Bob will get his big win this weekend in the land of the brown.
Not being a naysayer, Justin, just curious. After the buildup on tv about the announcement and the camera shots of the 29 on the wind screen of Bob's car, I just expected to hear a more concrete announcement at the races. And then I haven't heard much following the race. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Bob get ahold of something good--he is one of the most deserving racers out there, and a link to Nascarland could do nothing but good for our sport. I was just lookin for additional info from the Mater brain trust!

I agree, 2 weeks is nothing, give these guys a chance to put something together. A lot of people doubted Bob's UPS deal was real, because it took a long time to complete. Bob has shown he has what it takes to see these deals through, I wish him the best. The sport needs more Bob Vandergriffs.

Not being a naysayer, Justin, just curious. After the buildup on tv about the announcement and the camera shots of the 29 on the wind screen of Bob's car, I just expected to hear a more concrete announcement at the races. And then I haven't heard much following the race. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Bob get ahold of something good--he is one of the most deserving racers out there, and a link to Nascarland could do nothing but good for our sport. I was just lookin for additional info from the Mater brain trust!

No harm, no foul... Bob is good people, and good things happen to good people. Hopefully sooner than later!

I'm on board with that! I just plain like the way Bob Vandergriff does things and I wish him nothing but the best! Heck, Dave C is back this weekend--maybe that's a good omen for Bob's deal also!

I was thinking the same thing with all the hype that led up to the interviews at Vegas. I was ready to go buy some new company's merch.
My bet is that Bob and Harvick will have something, and something big. Best of luck to them in finalizing the deal and to be out in their time.

Is the speculation that he'd race in a straight line just once in a while or actually leave NASCAR for the NHRA?

I bet that NHRA would like to see them get a car out before final round of qualifying in TF in Atlanta-only 15 cars ran first round.

I bet that NHRA would like to see them get a car out before final round of qualifying in TF in Atlanta-only 15 cars ran first round.
No kidding---I sure did see some maters predicting a short field at Atlanta a while back---any ideas to why the short field, Professor?

Possibly a couple of lower budget teams waiting for the night session to make their first run?

Did anybody catch Kevin's comments yesterday during the rain delay? He was in the booth and somebody brought up drag racing and his plans. He basically said he's just watching things now and has no real plans for the next 2 years or so because he's got enough things going on now with racing and his teams.

Did anybody catch Kevin's comments yesterday during the rain delay? He was in the booth and somebody brought up drag racing and his plans. He basically said he's just watching things now and has no real plans for the next 2 years or so because he's got enough things going on now with racing and his teams.

Can you blame him, with all the issues going on with NHRA right now + the economy in general? I feel bad for Vandergriff.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back