Last Man Standing Changes for 2008 (1 Viewer)

Zak

Nitro Member
OK, here's a rumor I heard from a reliable source. A very, very reliable source. No wait.... it was just me BSing with some guys... So I guess I am the source... and not so reliable at that...

LAST MAN STANDING -
If you follow IHRA you know they award 5 points to the quickest ET (that wins the race the 'round') during Friday and Saturday qualifying.

So, a single driver has a chance to make 10 additional points by being the Last Man on Friday and Saturday. As an example - Scotty Cannon, Jr. has been kicking a$$ to the tune of something like 10 of the possible 15 possible awards.

So, needless to say, some drivers like it - some don't - some could care less and who knows if the fans can even follow what's going on...

I for one - kind of like it - I would like it better if it were tweaked.

I would like to see each pair of racers have a chance at the 5 points. So, if I'm racing you on Friday night - we're next to each other in points. If I can beat you to the stripe I just picked up 5 points on you... that will make that qualifying round a little more edgy than just one guy with a killer night time set up winning the 5 points.

Maybe give the low ET of the round another couple of points or something.

Your thoughts?

That might not be too bad, although part of qualifying is also testing what the track can hold.

It may help end the smoke fest that some qualifying days have become BUT it could also lead to more oil downs as drivers get back on it in an attempt to get those 5 points.

Interesting idea though

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back